Will mod xboxes for refs(few free ipods, then free psps)

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=6667

melee

19-02-2005 10:12:53

I'm a pretty talented modder, been doing it for quite a while. I know I'm new here, so to prove that I'm a legit guy Ill link you to my BST thread[=http//forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=329616&hl=]BST thread at xbox-scene.com
Also I'm a news-poster at www.bfnation.net (major battlefield 1942 fan site, and have over 4500 posts in the forums[=http//www.bfnation.net/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1948]4500 posts in the forums

I've done over dozens of UDE softmods, charging $20 a piece for friends. However Ill do one for free in exchange for a green. Depending on where you live we will prolly have to talk about shipping. If you don't know what a UDE softmod is, basically it allows you to use a program (phoenix bios loader) to load a bios image off your hard drive. Basically doing the same thing as a modchip, except loading from the xbox harddrive instead of the chip.

I also will install a modchip on your xbox for free (even on the latest and harder to mod 1.6 xboxes). The install is free with the completed offer, but either supply a modchip, or it will cost extra for me to buy one.

With either of these methods you will be able to play games that you burn (hopefully backups of games you already have). I will also include software that lets you backup games onto your harddrive. XMC (xbox media center) which allows your xbox to play divx, xvid, mp3s, and tons more. DVDxdongle, letting you play dvds without the remote (isn't that worth like $30 right there?), Xsnes, n64, ps1, Genesis, so on, so you can play all your favorite Roms. Basically as much of the homebrew out there that you want.

The xbox comes with a stock 8 or 10 GB hard drive. 5-7 of this is accessible for user storage. I can also upgrade the harddrive to whatever you want. (same, you supply, or I can buy one deal)

Your xbox will still work with xbox live, you just have to either boot with a legit game in the drive (for the UDE soft mod) or for the modchip just turn it off. If you already signed on to live with your stock harddrive, and you want to upgrade you need to buy another $10 eeprom (I'd prolly buy from here[=http//forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=143336&hl=unbanned]here

I live in st. louis (for shipping) and my aim is Jftaaffe We can also makes deals if you can have multiple offers completed. For instance, I'd install a modchip that I supplied (X2.6's are generally my favorite, work with everything) and ship your xbox back to you at my cost, if you can get 4 completed offers.

Thanks for looking!

Lightsky

19-02-2005 10:14:39

What offer do you need done?

melee

19-02-2005 10:15:49

[quote18d544e8e0="Lightsky"]What offer do you need done?[/quote18d544e8e0]

I need Freeipods first (I have 4 left) then Im going to try freepsps if that works out.

Lightsky

19-02-2005 10:17:32

Any other offers, I've done both the max number of times I can do it ?

melee

19-02-2005 10:32:36

[quotee8ad5306fd="Lightsky"]Any other offers, I've done both the max number of times I can do it ?[/quotee8ad5306fd]

Nope talked to you on aim, sorry we couldnt work anything out

melee

19-02-2005 15:17:45

Responding to some PMs I got.

First I don't do PS2s. I have modded a couple, but they quite frankly arent worth it.

Second, as for as the usual cost of modding if you dont want to complete an referals

A decent chip with a remote (so you can turn it off and on) will be $25-35 (depending on new or used, Xecuter 2.x would be preferred to a cheapmod). Unless you want to get a really extravagant chip (Xecuter 3, Xodus, Smartx) where you are looking at $50 or so. (Not worth it imo)

Any drive will work, the only thing is locking. If the drive doesn't lock, your xbox will not work with the chip off. (Modchip bios don't lock and unlock the hard drive, so any hd works with a modchip on) According to http//xboxdrives.x-pec.com/ 70% of drives locks, you can check them there.
No reason to turn off your chip unless you are going on live tho, so if not its no big deal.

Pricing for chip installs is about $50-60 from most stores (bmmods, modchipman, etc) they usually don't do the new 1.6 (prolly what you will get from gratis). HD upgrades are then another $20 (usually can't get software from them tho)

I'd do both an chip install and a new HD for $50. Plus chip and drive (if you don't have one). Also Ill do the full LPC rebuild (kinda a bitch) on 1.6s.

Hope this helps.

melee

20-02-2005 00:51:42

early morning bump

Stroid

20-02-2005 00:53:02

we dont bump threads and you arent allowed to trade until you go green for someone first....this thread will be deleted in5min

Keen311

20-02-2005 00:53:40

Once I recieve my freegamingsystems ill shout at you melee D

melee

20-02-2005 09:03:42

[quote422430076b="Stroid"]we dont bump threads and you arent allowed to trade until you go green for someone first....this thread will be deleted in5min[/quote422430076b]

Actually, this thread was made
Sat Feb 19, 2005 1012 am

You posted that rule at
Sat Feb 19, 2005 244 pm

So you can't honestly say I have broken a rule.

Stroid

20-02-2005 10:37:01

Thats true so im not taking down the post but you still must go green first