YOU GUYS NEED TO STOP...... srsly

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=45706

amir89630

13-09-2006 17:23:37

Listen, this is rediculous. When new sites are released, people should NOT be offering 30$ right off the bat. I realize that all you jackasses want someone to do your site more than the other guys'. You've got to realize, that when a new site is released, there are going to be tons of people who want to do it anyways; and by offering an overly large sum of money you are causing the price of referrals to slowly increase.

-- Incase you didn't know, back in the day, the average ipods.freepay cost 10-15$. If we all stop offering such high amounts of money, then the average price for a referral can decrease.

...and in order for this to work, EVERYONE will need to work together, and lower the price they are paying for referrals.

theysayjump

13-09-2006 17:33:27

People have the right to offer as little or as much as they like. We're not going to make people pay a certain amount, and the more desperate people are at getting their last few greens, the more money they're willing to pay.

When doing sites for others, I'd like to get as much as possible, but looking for grens myself I'd like to pay as little as possible. Sometimes it happens, but I like cake.

jeremy1987

13-09-2006 17:36:16

I like my cake and I eat and I eat it too

damac

13-09-2006 18:25:37

nothing wrong with 30 for a ref and an open market.

buy a couple, trade for a few and bam you are done with your account and a nice profit )

Daggoth

13-09-2006 18:30:58

Amir, want to do my Trainn iPods for $10?

mfels

13-09-2006 18:55:53

People who do trades for most of their refs won't see this as a problem, but personally, as someone who buys all my refs (both because I hate trading and only recently have most sites opened to Canada), this is a huge problem. Obviously, the more I have to pay for my greens, the less I get out of the site. The entire spirit of freebies is gone.

Consider this example, based on what amir said Back in ther day, you paid $15 for your refs, just barely covering the cost of offers. You need 5 greens to get $250 paypal/an iPod. If you buy all of your refs, you just paid $75, plus your own offer (so about $90), and got $250 paypal/an Ipod out of it. You made somewhere in the neighbourhood of $150 off of that site, give or take. People who trade refs don't deal with these costs so they are unnaffected. Nowadays, you're lucky if you can get all 5 refs for $25 each. At this cost, that same site cost you $125 for your refs alone, plus your offer, so about $140 cost. Your profit has gone from $150 to $110, or getting an iPod for $90 has gone to $140. Who is benefitting here?

Some may reason that the traders themselves make more money when they sell their greens, and that is how they make up for the diminished profit from the site. But the truth is, unless they are willing to sign up for dozens of sites through trades, they will have to turn around and buy their refs, losing all the profit they just made.

The only people that benefit from higher ref prices are people who A) complete sites through only trading (as these costs don't affect them, the cost of offers haven't increased) or B) people who milk the machine by signing up for lots of sites just to make money, but never actually complete a site.

I personally still have 2 refs to buy on yourfreevideoipods.com and I'm afraid of even asking how much that's gonna cost me. I'm looking forward to getting away from this community soon because the high ref prices are killing the entire spirit of this place getting things for free/for as little as possible.

Aurelius

13-09-2006 19:04:56

[quote6ca00a5d7e="mfels"]People who do trades for most of their refs won't see this as a problem, but personally, as someone who buys all my refs (both because I hate trading and only recently have most sites opened to Canada), this is a huge problem. Obviously, the more I have to pay for my greens, the less I get out of the site. The entire spirit of freebies is gone.

Consider this example, based on what amir said Back in ther day, you paid $15 for your refs, just barely covering the cost of offers. You need 5 greens to get $250 paypal/an iPod. If you buy all of your refs, you just paid $75, plus your own offer (so about $90), and got $250 paypal/an iPod out of it. You made somewhere in the neighbourhood of $150 off of that site, give or take. People who trade refs don't deal with these costs so they are unnaffected. Nowadays, you're lucky if you can get all 5 refs for $25 each. At this cost, that same site cost you $125 for your refs alone, plus your offer, so about $140 cost. Your profit has gone from $150 to $110, or getting an iPod for $90 has gone to $140. Who is benefitting here?

Some may reason that the traders themselves make more money when they sell their greens, and that is how they make up for the diminished profit from the site. But the truth is, unless they are willing to sign up for dozens of sites through trades, they will have to turn around and buy their refs, losing all the profit they just made.

The only people that benefit from higher ref prices are people who A) complete sites through only trading (as these costs don't affect them, the cost of offers haven't increased) or B) people who milk the machine by signing up for lots of sites just to make money, but never actually complete a site.

I personally still have 2 refs to buy on yourfreevideoipods.com and I'm afraid of even asking how much that's gonna cost me. I'm looking forward to getting away from this community soon because the high ref prices are killing the entire spirit of this place getting things for free/for as little as possible.[/quote6ca00a5d7e]

i definately agree with you. ref prices are really rising and rising since people our desperate to finish sites fast.

I mean yeah... I like getting 30 instead of 20 to do a site but I usually only start a site if I intend on finishing it. So I get 10 bucks from higher ref prices and in return I end up paying out an extra 50-100 over 5-10 refs. Doesn't make much sense to have higher ref prices but heck, ref's are like oil. might not like the price but you still want it so you gotta suck it up and pay, i guess. roll

Daggoth

13-09-2006 19:05:16

See, this is the way I see it. If FiPG instated a rule saying you could not charge more than $10-25/site, then people would run to another site for signing up for sites for cash and then run back here to get ppl to sign up under them. Thus, killing FiPG of all people who accept cash for refferals.

zr2152

13-09-2006 19:31:58

[quote64ff5432e7="Daggoth"]See, this is the way I see it. If FiPG instated a rule saying you could not charge more than $10-25/site, then people would run to another site for signing up for sites for cash and then run back here to get ppl to sign up under them. Thus, killing FiPG of all people who accept cash for refferals.[/quote64ff5432e7]

agreed my friend

buti do see where amir is coming from, but instating a rule would kill this community.

jeremy1987

13-09-2006 19:59:52

I didint even rea all that crap your takeing it way too serious

amir89630

13-09-2006 20:12:39

[quote747c0131e8]Amir, want to do my Trainn iPods for $10?[/quote747c0131e8]

if you do my trainn wii for 11$

[quote747c0131e8]agreed my friend

buti do see where amir is coming from, but instating a rule would kill this community.[/quote747c0131e8]

if a4f would agree to it also, i think it would work.

But the fact of the matter is, people who want to complete a site, are going to start it regardless of whter they are getting 30 or 10; but then again, if you can get 30 then why the hell should you settle for 10.

Basically, im trying to refer in general to the newer sites, which will have people wanting to sign up regardless of the bonuses involved with people paying them for refs.

doylnea

13-09-2006 20:43:17

You guys should see the several page topic on this in the Admin forum - we've had this discussion many times. There is seemingly no way to lower the price of refs in an open market (without alienating our users and sending them to a different site.)

Rampage575

13-09-2006 22:21:53

works both ways...go sign up for somebody for $30 and then pay $30 for ur site...whats the difference between this than $10 and $10?

either way, not a bad idea in theory (communism, lol)..but will NEVER work 8)

Daggoth

13-09-2006 22:23:51

[quote059ed2e405="Rampage575"]works both ways...go sign up for somebody for $30 and then pay $30 for ur site...whats the difference between this than $10 and $10?

either way, not a bad idea in theory (communism, lol)..but will NEVER work 8)[/quote059ed2e405]

Rampage, you are basically trading sites with $10 going both ways. On the other hand, there are people who do not pursue sites, but just do them for cash, who would probably stop the freebie scene if it was $10/offer, instead of $25-$30

Rampage575

13-09-2006 22:38:30

[quoteb02e0095a8="Daggoth"][quoteb02e0095a8="Rampage575"]works both ways...go sign up for somebody for $30 and then pay $30 for ur site...whats the difference between this than $10 and $10?

either way, not a bad idea in theory (communism, lol)..but will NEVER work 8)[/quoteb02e0095a8]

Rampage, you are basically trading sites with $10 going both ways. On the other hand, there are people who do not pursue sites, but just do them for cash, who would probably stop the freebie scene if it was $10/offer, instead of $25-$30[/quoteb02e0095a8]

this is true

JordanE

13-09-2006 23:40:43

Anther factor that needs to be considerd is the cost of offers. Generally when you first start out doing freebie sites you try to do the cheapest offers possible. Enevidibly (sp?) and farily qickly you start to run out of free/$1 stamps.com/aol/paycom type offers that you can legitamently complete. At witch point you must start doing the more expensive $10-$50 offers or start doing offers fraudulently. This is coupled with the fact that qite a few offers that used to generally be full credit offers are now becoming 1/2 credit 1/3 credit..etc

I for one have trouble finding offers that I can do for less then $10. Idealy I try to make a $15 profit when I sign up for a site for cash. Where as a year ago when I seriously started out doing freebies I was making $25-$30 in pure profit becouse I was able to do all of the free/$1 offers.

But probably the biggest factor for the price of refs going up is that people are olny buying refs these days. In the last 6-8 months I've noticed a pretty big increase in the amount of people who exclusively pay for there referrals. Its pretty simple supply in demand. If there are more people willing to pay for a referral than there are people willing to sign up then of course the cost of a referral is going to go up. Its funny how people who exclusively pay for there referrals start complaining about the cost going up so much when its a problem that they created for themselves.

Instituting rules like you can olny pay up to $15 for a site isn't a very practical solution either. With the increase of people olny willing to pay for there referrals, so is the increase of people who just sign up for sites for $30 with know intention of actually completing the site. If your olny reason to sign up for a site is for the $30 or so someone is paying you to do it then it becomes pointless if after the cost of the offer your just breaking even or comeing out ahead by $1-$2 in some cases you might actually loose money. So in all likely hood the olny thing these rules would really do is just make it even harder than it is now to get refs.

Basically if you can't afford the "high" cost of referrals than start trading, if don't have enuff offers/sites that you can legitimently do than start recruting friends/family/co-workers..etc, if you've exosted that resource than you might wanna consider retirement from the freebie scene.

ilanbg

14-09-2006 07:26:19

[Note I have not read this thread, mostly because it has been posted before multiple times.]

Damn you, Capitalism!

/me shakes fist at Capitalism.

/me mutters, "Damn supply and demand..."

johnjimjones

14-09-2006 07:39:18

Discussed before, got nowhere. I think the concept is too idealistic.