Referral Ring -- for newbies

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=32594

zulu342

09-02-2006 17:48:58

Anyone interested in getting 10 people together and cross referral each other? This way, everyone in the group can get 9 referrals? (We'd all have to do different sites ... can't all be the same one).

I've done this on a smaller scale with friends so I've got the system down. All you've got to do is be reliable and sign up for others in a timely fashion. I'll take care of the matching, bitching (for encouragement), and other logistics.

Let me know ...

Thanks!

johnjimjones

09-02-2006 18:07:09

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the definition of a conga?

zulu342

09-02-2006 18:21:09

For conga, I was under the impression that only the people on top benefited. Everyone under that person would complete that person referral and when he is done, the next person gets referrals. This is different ... since we all have different sites, you refer me and I'll refer you except with more people so it's not just a one to one trade. This is like a big mutual referral so everyone in the ring is benefiting, not just the person who started it.

jmwalker22

09-02-2006 18:50:10

I'd be down

Nimh

09-02-2006 19:11:25

That sounds like an awesome idea. The problem is I have too many sites already signed up for. Good luck!

ilanbg

09-02-2006 19:27:50

There is absolutely no point to this. You can trade and have the same outcome.

The difference is that you're much likelier to get scammed in this case because you're dealing with noobs and there are many referrals.

Do it if you want – just don't say I didn't warn you.

ragefu

09-02-2006 19:38:18

[quotef71716fa54="ilanbg"]There is absolutely no point to this. You can trade and have the same outcome.

The difference is that you're much likelier to get scammed in this case because you're dealing with noobs and there are many referrals.

Do it if you want – just don't say I didn't warn you.[/quotef71716fa54]

not always, they were talking about this on a4f, its supposed to be people with high tr that find friends that haven't done any sites. I want to do it if you don't have a group together in like a month

fgr_admin

09-02-2006 20:17:01

Ok I would be in.

Wont have a friend for another few days (8) but probably wont have it organized till then.

Few questions though.

1) Does TR count
2) Does everyone wait for greens first or all go at same time?

More damn info, the emperor commands it.

zulu342

09-02-2006 20:33:29

Hey all,

I'd prefer you guys with high TRs but wouldn't that mean you already signed up to a bunch of sites?

To be honest, I'm not 100% sure how to weed out people that are going to suck at this. I've done it with 10 of my friends (and friend's friends) so trust wasn't an issue. I just had to "encourage" a few to get with the program and not lag behind.

My main role was to monitor how people were doing. The ones that were slow, I got on their case. I also made a little program to do the matching because some people had sites they couldn't do. I envision taking on a similar role and to be doing something similar with you guys so we can get some new meat in the ring )

Of course I'm open to your suggestions ... just throwing this idea out here.

Thanks!

zulu342

09-02-2006 20:43:10

fbr_admin, reading your post again, I get what you mean now regarding getting your friends. Yeah, TR would definitely matter then.

I'm also getting more of my friends involved ... just seems like we need at least 10 to make it worthwhile ... since with 10, we can get 9 referrals each which opens up a lot of sites to everyone.

Regarding going green or waiting, I'd say do it in a batch of 2s or 3s. This way we'll be able to spot people that don't contribute but if we have reliable people, that shouldn't be a problem.

ilanbg

10-02-2006 10:13:14

I still don't see how this would be any different from just trading.

[quote40a6d9477c="fgr_admin"]More damn info, the emperor commands it.[/quote40a6d9477c]

I think all that TR is going to your head... wink

zulu342

10-02-2006 20:32:30

You don't have to go out and look for people to trade with -- it's all done for you. You just sit back and do the offers.

So yes, it is like trading. Except you know who you will be getting your 5 or 8 or 10 referrals from. So what's the benefit? Speed.

hbar

14-02-2006 10:19:11

This sounds interesting, how can we properly makes sure everyone gets what they need especially since so many people have done so many sites?

tdo

14-02-2006 11:36:06

It sounds like the logistics could be a bit of a headache, but I'd definately be interested.

mrwzk

14-02-2006 13:22:18

it would be a lot better to do in groupds of 6 that way everyone can get 5 referals. since most sites are 5 referals.

MyungChunHa

14-02-2006 14:09:33

count me in as long as you do all of the logistics like you said and already have a system that works for this....let me know if and when we can get things started....

ilanbg

14-02-2006 14:22:00

I don't trust others enough to let anyone else set this up for me, and it's certainly more work than just finding five people on my own.

Supacold

14-02-2006 14:32:35

Interseting... But answer this
what happen if one person screwed up ( put on hold), wouldn't that break the ring?

zulu342

15-02-2006 10:52:46

You guys brought up a lot of valid points --- yeah this trust thing on the internet just doesn't work.

For those that still want to try, I'm still willing to give it a go.

If anything, this is something you guys can do with your group of friends --easier to refer friends when you're giving them something back in return rather than ...dude sign up for me.

MyungChunHa

15-02-2006 12:33:17

[quotea9bfaa06ce="zulu342"]You guys brought up a lot of valid points --- yeah this trust thing on the internet just doesn't work.

For those that still want to try, I'm still willing to give it a go.

If anything, this is something you guys can do with your group of friends --easier to refer friends when you're giving them something back in return rather than ...dude sign up for me.[/quotea9bfaa06ce]
ill definitely do this idea if we can only permit people with a TR of 10+...that should produce a good amount of trust between those who are doing the ring....