Trade: Original Theatrical Star Wars Trilogy for refs

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=13723

hehehhehe

07-05-2005 10:51:57

I have the the original theatrical versions of the Star Wars trilogy on DVD. This is the original version shown in theates from 1977-1983 before George Lucas decided to add in the "cute" special effects. They are Laserdisc transfers, as the original version was never released on DVD. As George Lucas hates this version, they will never be released on DVD... You obviously can't buy these in stores.

I want to offer one set of DVDs for an instant credit in the sites listed below. These sets fetch anywhere from 50-80 bucks shipped on ebay, although there's one seller now selling it for $30 bucks (but details are weird). Even that's a bit dodgy as ebay often cancels these auctions and bans the seller, leaving many out of cash, and without DVDs.

You'll get three DVDs in one jewel case sent by USPS 1st class mail with confirmation number. They will simply be marked IV, V, and VI. I use only high quality and higly compatible DVD-Rs like Taiyo Yuden and use NEC and Pioneer burners. If you already know the quirks of your DVD drives, let me know since I have various media (TY DVD-R, TY DVD+R, Ritek DVD-R). If they don't work for you, you ship them back to me and if they do not work in my DVD drives, I'll replace it. If they do work, you'll have to pay for re-shipping.

If you want the supplementary DVD with tons of extras, I'll send it along with a nice 6-DVD case for another ref.

I currently need these refs (updated)

freeminimacs 1
freeipodshuffle 2
freeipodphoto 5
notebooks4free 18

and eventually (mp3players4free, freeflatscreens. macminis4free so let me know to keep you in mind for these)

Let me know if anyone's interested? Admins, sorry if this is against the rules (I've seen DVDs here before so figured it would be ok). Thanks!

p.s. For those in the know, this will be the Dr.Gonzo transfer. I have the other transfers too but feel this one is the best. I also have other rare SW DVDs like the Holiday Special and all the "making of" specials.

iusa

07-05-2005 12:17:48

so youre gonna send some burned dvds? good luck

hehehhehe

07-05-2005 12:26:17

Thanks.

Burned is the only way to get these DVDs, anywhere.

MicroChris

07-05-2005 12:27:33

You mean, ripped from VHS, put onto a VCD with a label?

Anyone can do that.

hehehhehe

07-05-2005 12:37:40

No, they were ripped from laserdiscs, the video was processed to give the best picture at 720 hor. res., and then put on DVDs (not VCDs). It's dolby digital 2.0 (at least the Dr.Gonzo version is), and you can't rip that from VHS, only laserdiscs which are digital. Other versions have PCM audio.

I didn't do the transfer, and no, not anyone can do it well. Google it, and you'll see there's a lot that goes into it and is worth much more than a VHS transferred to a VCD. That's why these transfers have names associated with them. I wouldn't sell these for $50 and up like some do, but I think for a trade it's a good deal for both sides.

Thank you for your comments (not being sarcastic).

groone

07-05-2005 13:45:54

wow. Don't break copyright laws.

I wonder if I could get some greens for my left kidney or do you think the right one would get me more?

nicd.01

07-05-2005 21:42:18

This really isn't such a bad offer. Lucas released the laserdiscs in '94 so they are hard to come by. Even if you do, you'd need a laserdisc player to play them. If you're a SW fan and don't like the new cartoon versions of the trilogy, think about taking him up on the offer.

hehehhehe

07-05-2005 22:04:34

Thank you! Someone that at least understands that I'm not offering VHS-to-VCD crap... It really is a great gift for Star Wars fans.

I think it's bad when people ask for a lot of cash for these things, but for a trade like this I think it's ok.