I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=67840

gambit00x

06-08-2007 22:17:04

I cashed out not too long ago on GiftMonkey and decided to go for it again. So I went for the big prize. Almost 1/3 of the way there (18 credits), I sign in to my account to find that [i80a446cbda]I[/i80a446cbda] have been disqualified!!!
Why, you ask?
Well apparently you get disqualified if one of your referrals uses a stolen CC.
[b80a446cbda]What is this!!![/b80a446cbda]
So, (a) How am I to be blamed for this?
(b) What happens to the points I've already attained?
(c) What should I do?

This is the e-mail I received

[quote80a446cbda]Hello,

Unfortunately we have received information from our advertiser network that your referrals are using stolen credit cards to complete offers for your account. This is a major violation of our terms and this account has been disqualified. We will not tolerate members trying to take advantage of this offer.
[/quote80a446cbda]

NOTE
At this point I have upwards of 50 referrals, and as I said I already cashed out before so this has to be a recent development. All of my referrals were found on the forums I visit so I know none of them personally.
I'm very disappointed.

Tholek

07-08-2007 01:37:28

They stated "users" plurally. If there were one, then maybe it can be explained away, and they can let you go forward. However, if there really are several, and they all did refs for [if5e31f2847]you[/if5e31f2847] then I don't blame them. That is certainly suspicious.

gambit00x

07-08-2007 08:46:41

My last ref started acting suspiciously when he began to demand payment just after completing credits. He is the "friend" of a previous ref of mine. When I got suspicious, I wrote GiftMonkey asking them to check them both out for me. They let me know the last one violated the TOS. If they are the perpetrators involved, and my suspicions brought them to GM's attention, would it make sense that I was "in on it".?

phenom212

08-08-2007 22:52:55

My account was also just disqualified. Out of 62 points, I had about 50. I am waiting for an explanation. If this has to do with credit card fraud from some users (as you experienced above) then how is that our fault?

I am a top earning member from them too--they advertise me to bring in other members and encourage them--yet they disqualify my account?

They had better rectify this situation--it sucks that members in good standing are suffering because of scammers.

I've earned close to 3,000 dollars from giftmonkey. I would assume they know by now that I'm here for the long haul.

gambit00x

09-08-2007 22:14:32

Wow! I'm sorry to hear that! That's terrible business practice to say the least. You're actually a poster child for them and they're going to kick you to the curb like that. I asked them if they would give me at least some kind of compensation, this was the response

[quotea4c9bb1fc1]
Hello,

Unfortunately since this is a major violation of our terms, and
subsequently jeopardizes our relationships with our advertisers, your account
has been disqualified.[/quotea4c9bb1fc1]

phenom212

10-08-2007 21:23:26

They just took my account off hold because my referrals were fraudulent. I made my case and they were professional enough to at least hear me out and make the right decision.

Good luck with your case.

Kmarie

11-08-2007 14:11:37

Offer Centric's business practices have little to be desired. I have gone round and round with them and I never actually speak (email) to an actual person -- the response messages are very quick and standard record messages.

They have been giving me offers of doom since April and will not add any. Their advertising practices are very misleading to people when they sign up as a referral. I just can't understand how they continue to be in business with tactics such of this. They have to be one of the worst freebie sites -- of course, they suck people into doing offers and then they never have to pay any out -- because the trader cannot complete their site. I am referring to Notebooks4free. I only needed 4 more for the longest time and those who have completed some offers of doom, they are not given credit, so what does that state?

I hope I do not offend any OC fans, but every time I read a post about someone getting "scammed" by them, I feel I have to vent!

I thank you for your time!

P.S. I'm new to this forum, however, I have been doing trades since January 2007.

dmorris68

11-08-2007 16:03:19

OOD's have always been standard practice with OC sites. But they've always been pretty reliable as long as the last few refs on a site were willing to do the OOD's. But the OOD's are what keeps them from being as popular as the rest of the sites.

gmario

13-08-2007 03:47:10

[quote59b5a236db="phenom212"]My account was also just disqualified. Out of 62 points, I had about 50. I am waiting for an explanation. If this has to do with credit card fraud from some users (as you experienced above) then how is that our fault?

I am a top earning member from them too--they advertise me to bring in other members and encourage them--yet they disqualify my account?

They had better rectify this situation--it sucks that members in good standing are suffering because of scammers.

I've earned close to 3,000 dollars from giftmonkey. I would assume they know by now that I'm here for the long haul.[/quote59b5a236db]

Nice if your earned $3,000 from them I wonder what type of member I am twisted on OC

phenom212

13-08-2007 13:44:55

[quote1c96e87773="gmario"][quote1c96e87773="phenom212"]My account was also just disqualified. Out of 62 points, I had about 50. I am waiting for an explanation. If this has to do with credit card fraud from some users (as you experienced above) then how is that our fault?

I've earned close to 3,000 dollars from giftmonkey. I would assume they know by now that I'm here for the long haul.[/quote1c96e87773]

Nice if your earned $3,000 from them I wonder what type of member I am twisted on OC[/quote1c96e87773]

It'll be close to 4800 if I can finish this 1800 dollar prize! lol...

Hopefully.

gambit00x

14-08-2007 10:14:53

My account was reinstated (thanks phenom). So I'm trying to get it done, still a long way to go.