Why me? Approval question

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=6704

AlwaysMyself82

19-02-2005 18:57:22

My dad just informed me that he used my laptop (primary IP) to sign up for an account at mp3players4free.

BUT I ALREADY HAVE AN ACCOUNT THERE!!!

I've emailed OC...think they'll deny me if I ever complete the cycle?

(I know, I've read the TOS, but I wanna hear what other people have to say. And if you can't be nice, please just don't say anything.)

~ Jess

joelseph

19-02-2005 19:14:34

The IP hardly matters.

It's mostly billing address, etc. As long as you use different billing addresses you'll be fine.

Stroid

19-02-2005 19:26:43

[quote71a99aa4d1="joelseph"]The IP hardly matters.

It's mostly billing address, etc. As long as you use different billing addresses you'll be fine.[/quote71a99aa4d1]

Wow you are totaly off ip does matter big time.... they never even see your personal info from the offers they only see your address after you are approved and ready to order. Sorry dude i would be very concerned when it comes to ip. Hopefully you will be ok good luck. OC tends to be understanding.

AlwaysMyself82

19-02-2005 19:30:25

Thanks, Stroid.

I don't know. I've found one other place that does the whole iPod thing, which is what I'm after.

I'm keeping my options open.

Stroid

19-02-2005 19:33:57

No problem. Do freeipods or tech4free.com both of those sites give freeipods and just make sure that your dad doesnt sign up. I can give you a link for tech4free or someone is prolle looking for a trade. GL

GenesisX

19-02-2005 19:53:52

Actually if you emailed OC explaining the situation in full and stating exactly what happened, how, and why, they will indeed probably let you go without any problem. At least that is how it was with me. I had a very similar worry, and they essentially told me to be careful from now on.

AlwaysMyself82

19-02-2005 19:57:36

I did email them. Cool. Thank you everyone for the great info! You guys are so nice. D

joelseph

20-02-2005 00:21:45

[quote00a1a979e7="Stroid"]Wow you are totaly off ip does matter big time.... they never even see your personal info from the offers they only see your address after you are approved and ready to order. Sorry dude i would be very concerned when it comes to ip. Hopefully you will be ok good luck. OC tends to be understanding.[/quote00a1a979e7]

It is you who is off, my moderator friend. They care far less than the stigma seems to be. Maybe they used to care a whole lot more; I don't know.

I've had several people sign up on the same computer I used for multiple sites and have had no problems whatsoever.

Stroid

20-02-2005 01:18:19

im not wrong at all cause many people on the forum dont get off hold after multiple sign ups from the same address im not saying its not possible to get away with it but if you read the TOS it even says that ip can be checked. And i did say that OC is more understanding so he has a good chance of not being placed on hold but it is way more likely then if he did it at seperate ips...Im sure most people will agree with me on this but whatever if you guys dont wanna believe me then dont. Good Luck

CoMpFrEaK

20-02-2005 01:37:05

[quote866fda5b06="joelseph"][quote866fda5b06="Stroid"]Wow you are totaly off ip does matter big time.... they never even see your personal info from the offers they only see your address after you are approved and ready to order. Sorry dude i would be very concerned when it comes to ip. Hopefully you will be ok good luck. OC tends to be understanding.[/quote866fda5b06]

It is you who is off, my moderator friend. They care far less than the stigma seems to be. Maybe they used to care a whole lot more; I don't know.

I've had several people sign up on the same computer I used for multiple sites and have had no problems whatsoever.[/quote866fda5b06]
newb

eYank

20-02-2005 07:22:49

if he never did an offer oc probably wont care too much

joelseph

20-02-2005 20:00:08

[quote383c636100="CoMpFrEaK"]newb[/quote383c636100]

What's your basis for that?

I didn't know you knew me.

Isn't is usually newbies who comment on things they know nothing about?

joelseph

20-02-2005 20:02:51

[quote1643369fd6="Stroid"]im not wrong at all cause many people on the forum dont get off hold after multiple sign ups from the same address im not saying its not possible to get away with it but if you read the TOS it even says that ip can be checked. And i did say that OC is more understanding so he has a good chance of not being placed on hold but it is way more likely then if he did it at seperate ips...Im sure most people will agree with me on this but whatever if you guys dont wanna believe me then dont. Good Luck[/quote1643369fd6]

All I'm saying is, in a situation like this one, there most likely won't be any problems.

If you have several people signing up under you at the same IP, you're probably just making referrals up or walking them through, both of which is a no-no, and that's the reason why they care about IP at all.

One person signing up is not likely to ruffle any feathers.

generaltso89

21-02-2005 08:02:05

[quotef05c17fe6f="joelseph"][quotef05c17fe6f="CoMpFrEaK"]newb[/quotef05c17fe6f]

What's your basis for that?

I didn't know you knew me.

Isn't is usually newbies who comment on things they know nothing about?[/quotef05c17fe6f]

Do you mean that multiple people are signing up for different sites? That would be no problem.

shifuimam

21-02-2005 08:46:57

[quotef1ad8cae72="CoMpFrEaK"][quotef1ad8cae72="joelseph"][quotef1ad8cae72="Stroid"]Wow you are totaly off ip does matter big time.... they never even see your personal info from the offers they only see your address after you are approved and ready to order. Sorry dude i would be very concerned when it comes to ip. Hopefully you will be ok good luck. OC tends to be understanding.[/quotef1ad8cae72]

I've had several people sign up on the same computer I used for multiple sites and have had no problems whatsoever.[/quotef1ad8cae72]
newb[/quotef1ad8cae72]

Not necessarily...I completed freeipods with three people using my laptop, and I wasn't put on hold at all...it MIGHT make a difference if they're cracking down harder, but other than that, I doubt that one identical IP with different addresses is going to kill them.

joelseph

21-02-2005 12:07:18

[quote23da243eee="shifuimam"]Not necessarily...I completed freeipods with three people using my laptop, and I wasn't put on hold at all...it MIGHT make a difference if they're cracking down harder, but other than that, I doubt that one identical IP with different addresses is going to kill them.[/quote23da243eee]

My point exactly. Thank you.