would you recommend giftmonkey?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=51987

cowboy.from.hell637

21-01-2007 09:24:18

this is my first site that i want to do, and i want to get the PS3. it's 23 1/2 points

would you recommend this site? is it easier than others? do the offers credit well? is it easier to purchase referrals (due to the fact you can switch referrals)? thanks in advance

savefilez

21-01-2007 11:37:53

Worst crediting site ever.. 80% don't credit.. they owe me 9 points. about $300 that i wont see. I hear they keep all credits and don't manual credit since they have a perfect crediting system. NOT.

TFOAF

21-01-2007 13:33:37

They don't owe you anything. The SITE doesn't credit you.

[quote7f2c5f863b="doylnea"]Without spending too much time on an unrelated to the topic question, yes, [b7f2c5f863b]OfferCentric[/b7f2c5f863b] has I would guess nothing to do with offer crediting. The affiliate providers passes them a file which contains their data about offer completions, and that info is integrated into his site's crediting system.

Some offers credit quickly, some take longer to postback to the affiliates, and then post to [b7f2c5f863b]OfferCentric[/b7f2c5f863b].

The point about [b7f2c5f863b]OfferCentric[/b7f2c5f863b] not giving credit unless he gets notice of the credit is valid. Think about this
If you ran a site, and someone told you that they completed 98 offers and none of them credited, but they demanded they get paid, would you pay them? Or more to the point, if you didn't get paid by the affiliate, would you pay the customer demanding payment?[/quote7f2c5f863b]

savefilez

21-01-2007 13:49:54

but still 9 instant offers??? .. yea blame it on the other guys.. not OC.. thats what they want.

cowboy.from.hell637

21-01-2007 14:01:55

umm... neither of you really answered my question

theysayjump

21-01-2007 20:02:41

I answered your question through PM cowboy, but in regards to savefilez, your claim that only 80% of their offers credit is ridiculous and baseless. You having crediting issues doesn't mean it's the same for anyone/everyone else.

I have just over 30 Points on GiftMonkey at the moment and whilst some of my refs have had some crediting problems, 80% of them haven't.

The people who haven't been receiving credit are the new people who still aren't sure how to do everything correctly yet or are still making mistakes.

savefilez

21-01-2007 20:21:33

I'm not the one doing the offers.. but maybe they have crediting problems maybe not.. we'll never know... but its 9 different offers.. out of those 30 points were they all instant? or had to wait weeks for them?

theysayjump

21-01-2007 20:29:20

I'd say 75% credited within 24 hours, the rest took maybe 2 days +. I haven't waited longer than maybe 4 days for an offer to credit.

OfferCentric

23-01-2007 21:51:21

Over 96% of all our users that complete an offer don't have any problem getting credit on GiftMonkey and even fewer on our other sites. Subtract those that didn't complete the offer correctly, cancelled right away, did the offer before or just submit a fraudulent no credit request and the actual number of legitimate completions that don't credit are very few.

So you heard we keep all the credits? I think all the people that check out with items each day would disagree. If that were true then you wouldn't find anyone in any forum that had anything but negative feedback which simply isn't the case.

We do follow up on manual credit requests and IF the network/advertiser approves it, we pass it along. What we don't do is blindly hand out credit to everyone who asks for it. If we did that we'd be out of business rather quickly.

The bottom line is that there is no difference between one of our sites and any others. Every freebie site just runs a link to an ad network. Once you click that link, it's out of the hands of the freebie site. Ask any freebie site owner and you'll hear the same.

Iloveipods2

23-01-2007 22:07:54

[quote2e12f73c81="OfferCentric"]Over 96% of all our users that complete an offer don't have any problem getting credit on GiftMonkey and even fewer on our other sites. Subtract those that didn't complete the offer correctly, cancelled right away, did the offer before or just submit a fraudulent no credit request and the actual number of legitimate completions that don't credit are very few.

So you heard we keep all the credits? I think all the people that check out with items each day would disagree. If that were true then you wouldn't find anyone in any forum that had anything but negative feedback which simply isn't the case.

We do follow up on manual credit requests and IF the network/advertiser approves it, we pass it along. What we don't do is blindly hand out credit to everyone who asks for it. If we did that we'd be out of business rather quickly.

The bottom line is that there is no difference between one of our sites and any others. Every freebie site just runs a link to an ad network. Once you click that link, it's out of the hands of the freebie site. Ask any freebie site owner and you'll hear the same.[/quote2e12f73c81]

+ karma

Daggoth

23-01-2007 22:21:54

I never had a problem with GM's crediting, but I think I found a flaw in your reasoning.

If you are basing the number of people who receive credit on the amount of manual credit requests, then it would not work because many people don't want to wait fifteen days to file for manual credit. For example, you have 200 people total, and only 96 get creditied, 4 file for manual credit, and the rest don't bother. That would mean that 104 people did not receive credit, but you were only notified about 4, causing you to have 96% crediting There is now way to give an accurate percentage of people getting credited properly.

damac

24-01-2007 22:26:32

[quote877c378320="OfferCentric"]Over 96% of all our users that complete an offer don't have any problem getting credit on GiftMonkey and even fewer on our other sites. Subtract those that didn't complete the offer correctly, cancelled right away, did the offer before or just submit a fraudulent no credit request and the actual number of legitimate completions that don't credit are very few.

The bottom line is that there is no difference between one of our sites and any others. Every freebie site just runs a link to an ad network. Once you click that link, it's out of the hands of the freebie site. Ask any freebie site owner and you'll hear the same.[/quote877c378320]

trainn network offers manuals within 2 weeks of giving all asked for info. sorry but they are doing something different than you are when it comes to manual credits.

OfferCentric

25-01-2007 12:55:47

[quote666a389ab8="damac"][quote666a389ab8="OfferCentric"]Over 96% of all our users that complete an offer don't have any problem getting credit on GiftMonkey and even fewer on our other sites. Subtract those that didn't complete the offer correctly, cancelled right away, did the offer before or just submit a fraudulent no credit request and the actual number of legitimate completions that don't credit are very few.

The bottom line is that there is no difference between one of our sites and any others. Every freebie site just runs a link to an ad network. Once you click that link, it's out of the hands of the freebie site. Ask any freebie site owner and you'll hear the same.[/quote666a389ab8]

trainn network offers manuals within 2 weeks of giving all asked for info. sorry but they are doing something different than you are when it comes to manual credits.[/quote666a389ab8]

So you're saying that Trainn always gives manual credit and no one ever has issues with getting credit on their sites? If that's the case there wouldn't be people in the forums saying they didn't get credit and didn't get manual credit.

My point is that no site is perfect. If 99.9999% of people never have a problem, there is always going to be that .0001% that is going to be in the forums complaining about how they got ripped off and those that never had a problem rarely share their positive experience.

box86rowh

27-01-2007 09:21:23

Gift Monkey is not loading for me......is the site down?

gmario

13-02-2007 08:22:14

the site is not down )