Multiple Accounts question

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=4883

GenesisX

18-01-2005 21:11:03

How exactly does mp3players4free (or the people there) check to see if you have multiple accounts? At first, I made 1 other account to kind of see how the entire site was; I was rather skeptical at first. Then I abandoned that account and, of course, I have done no offers, referrals on that account. Heck, I never put in any personal information like name or address either. I still haven't put in name/address on my current active account, but I'm hoping I can do that later. Anyway, my question was, if I never put in any personal info (no shipping address, etc.), then do I have to worry about having "multiple accounts" (though I NEVER use the other one)? Or do they go and say "Well your accounts were made with the same IP address"? Keep in mind that I never did any offer, referrals, or personal info on this "trial" account...Once I get my referrals, will they put my account on hold ONLY for having 2 accounts that were made with the same IP address? Also, is the IP thing based on the IP used to [i3e93462136]make[/i3e93462136] the account, or is it based on the IP last used to [i3e93462136]access[/i3e93462136] the account? (I'm guessing the former.)
Eager to know...Thanks.

generaltso89

22-01-2005 23:04:52

i think ur screwed, just kidding. I dont know, but i wouldnt want to fuck with it. If u fail, its just a waste of time.

magik

28-01-2005 10:35:56

i didnt even know i had another account and they said i did and i wasn't able to get my free gift. its terrible what they do, the slightest clause makes them not give you anything and thats how they make most of their money, by scamming other people. if i were you, i would stay away, try gratis or something isntead, they are much more lenient.

undertheradar

28-01-2005 11:08:37

OfferCentric is as lenient as they come.

As far as them "scamming" people.....if by scamming you mean hoping that idiots with no common sense will sign up without reading the TOS and playing by THEIR rules, then yes.....I say SCAM away.

generaltso89

28-01-2005 14:35:11

hahaha true, I have another account question for you guys.

My friend signedup, but with a wrong email, so he signedup again with the correct one. The wrong account was never used. He doesnt want the ipod, just to help me. Would his referal count as green? or get flagged?

Stroid

28-01-2005 14:41:22

it will get flaged because he should have just changed the email in the information page.

generaltso89

29-01-2005 10:46:01

I see, oh well, he's not my friend anymore! )

pSeuDo

29-01-2005 11:47:16

[quotef0fba14d8c="magik"]i didnt even know i had another account and they said i did and i wasn't able to get my free gift. its terrible what they do, the slightest clause makes them not give you anything and thats how they make most of their money, by scamming other people. if i were you, i would stay away, try gratis or something isntead, they are much more lenient.[/quotef0fba14d8c]

OC is a lot more leniant, faster & fairer customer service, and faster approval.

OC > Gratis.

DrEaMs In DiGiTaL

29-01-2005 12:49:56

I was kind of in a similar situation. I made 2 test accounts from my house to see what the offers were and how it works. When I decided to really do it, I signed up at my school though. Everything went fine and I got my iPod. I think the IP is only when you sign up, not sign in. I checked my account made from school at home a lot, and nothing happened to me.

Good luck