Your Privacy

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=35351

OfferCentric

16-03-2006 01:37:24

In light of the recent allegations that Gratis Internet was selling personal information about its users to 3rd parties, we would like to emphasize that OfferCentric has always maintained its policy of not selling or sharing our user information with any other party aside from our vendors so that they can ship your free gifts.

It’s unfortunate that this event has brought negative attention to free gift sites. We know it’s difficult for many people to accept the legitimacy of sites like ours and this certainly doesn’t help.

For those of you who value your privacy, be assured that OfferCentric’s no spam policy is not an empty promise.

bballp6699

16-03-2006 11:30:08

Please tell me you're not here to preach about good business practices.

Iloveipods2

16-03-2006 12:29:12

No, OC is here to help us out D anyways I love the whole finish certain sites twice.

anyways thanks for the re-assurance!

wink

hrdfarkr

16-03-2006 12:29:33

BBall, the guy simply came in here and posted to make sure his company's name isn't attached to this complete clusterfuck that Freepay has gotten caught up in. Whether or not it's Freepay's fault, OC is not involved and is just making sure they point out they wouldn't do this.

As far as their business practices, i've received several OC gifts (cash and products) and I have never had a single complaint with the service I get from them. I'm not a huge fan of the OODs, but lets face facts, they're a whole shitload better then 90 days and an approval form and being lied to.

I'm not bashing Freepay, i've gotten some items from them as well. But where the fuck are the 360s, where is my iPod, when will someone answer all the fucking questions we asked about the new policy. Jake has been nice enough to come here and catch shit all this time, Steve is here trying to rep his company, if you don't like something he posts, have a reason to complain or fuck off. I'm tired of OC catching shit when they actually follow through.

bballp6699

16-03-2006 12:41:37

I'm not a fan of sites that say, well we're losing money, so let's make it almost impossible for people to finish it without warning. People are all up in arms about FreePay making a change to their TOS, however, if we all remember, OC made an even more drastic change without ANY warning.

I find it funny that OC sends a representative to rub in the negatives of FreePay after all the shit they did to us in the past. I know you just joined in September and don't know your ass from your ankle, but thanks for your post.

I'll let you know when I give a shit about your opinion, alright bud?

Iloveipods2

16-03-2006 12:45:52

geeez don't start crapping the thread guys. and yes, we all remember when OC pulled a fast one on us. cry sad day. Still now that freepay is going down, OC is my favorite.

hrdfarkr

16-03-2006 12:51:52

[quote78990c703c="bballp6699"]I'm not a fan of sites that say, well we're losing money, so let's make it almost impossible for people to finish it without warning. People are all up in arms about FreePay making a change to their TOS, however, if we all remember, OC made an even more drastic change without ANY warning. [/quote78990c703c]

The drastic change they made was changing the difficulty rating on offers, so...grin and bear it, 50 bucks for an iPod is still better then 90 days and cancelled.

[quote78990c703c="bballp6699"]I find it funny that OC sends a representative to rub in the negatives of FreePay after all the shit they did to us in the past.[/quote78990c703c]

I don't think he came in here to rub anyone's face in anything. Blanket statements are being made that freebie sites are selling personal info to third parties. He came in to point out that they will not sell our info...can't believe someone could be offended by this.

[quote78990c703c="bballp6699"]I know you just joined in September and don't know your ass from your ankle, but thanks for your post.[/quote78990c703c]

[quote78990c703c="bballp6699"]I'll let you know when I give a shit about your opinion, alright bud?[/quote78990c703c]

Thanks for your boilerplate flamefest trolls, but I don't give a shit whether you approve of how long i've been here or if you like my opinions, try sticking to the facts so people can have a conversation.

bballp6699

16-03-2006 15:09:52

So was you telling me to fuck off some what involved in your facts?

If you knew the type of melt down that site had with their shitty offer changes, then we wouldn't be having this argument. Instead you're misinformed and ignorant. It doesn't matter if at the end the price was still cheap for an ipod. Fact remains that rules should not be changed after a person has already agreed with past terms. With that, I am finished. I didn't post to get involved in a fight with someone who doesn't even know what they are talking about.

OfferCentric

16-03-2006 17:21:38

The point of that statement wasn't to accuse FreePay or rub it in anyone’s face. We've always promised to not share/sell personal information and when other sites who also make this promise are being accused of breaking it, it casts doubt on the legitimacy of our policy. This was just to remind everyone that with all the heat being put on freebie sites at the moment, we stand by our user privacy policy.

If you took it to mean anything else then you misunderstood it's intended meaning and we apologize for not being more clear.

As for pulling a fast one, it's not really worth it to add to this argument but we, like any business, has every right to change it's policies and business practices to combat new threats as long as those changes are legal. Like everyone else, we're not able to look into the future and see what will and won't become an issue. This is why our terms, like those of every other online service, states that we have the right to change them.

Just like we have the right to change them, you have the right to not like them or us, and we won't argue with that.

hrdfarkr

16-03-2006 20:37:53

[quote0d7c3b2a4a="bballp6699"]So was you telling me to fuck off some what involved in your facts? [/quote0d7c3b2a4a]

What I said was
[quote0d7c3b2a4a]have a reason to complain or fuck off[/quote0d7c3b2a4a]
There is a simple fact in that, you have no reason or backing for your complaint, just simply looking to bash OC for no reason.

[quote0d7c3b2a4a="bballp6699"]If you knew the type of melt down that site had with their shitty offer changes, then we wouldn't be having this argument. Instead you're misinformed and ignorant. It doesn't matter if at the end the price was still cheap for an iPod. Fact remains that rules should not be changed after a person has already agreed with past terms. With that, I am finished. I didn't post to get involved in a fight with someone who doesn't even know what they are talking about.[/quote0d7c3b2a4a]

See the funny thing is that you joined this forum 6 months before me, but you act like I walked in yesterday fresh off the turnip truck. Perhaps it would help clear up any misconceptions you had if you knew I joined Congablast on 11/04, or Gearlive before that, I was even an editor on gearlive for awhile. Is my resume impressive enough now?

The discussion isn't about when I joined, the discussion is about OC meeting their end of the deal. I have a Replay Tivo, ipod nano and a 20gb 4g iPod which says yes, some checks from psp and xbox360 that confirm it. So since i've now made it clear that I know what i'm talking about, perhaps you can move on and threaten someone else who joined this forum after you into thinking you have a clue. They didn't change any rules, or their TOS, they changed some of their offers. Sites change their offers all the time...learn to deal with it.