Yes, the OfferCentric rep is legit. No, do not PM him.

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=34483

Admin

04-03-2006 12:16:09

[be295f495d3]OfferCentric[/be295f495d3] is the username of an OfferCentric rep who has chosen to take the time to post here.

He has requested that any personal/account questions be sent via the normal support channels. I'm going to be watching this, and anyone found sending account questions to him via PM will have all of their PM privleges revoked.

Iloveipods2

04-03-2006 14:25:02

HALLLLLLELUAH!!!!! OC you are officially my #1 site!!!! un velcome! wink

+ karma

Tholek

04-03-2006 17:51:30

Two things...

A. If it's possible to block PM privileges, then why not block his ability to receive, if it's his wish not to receive any?

B. You specify "personal/account". Does that mean others, let's say regarding product suggestions, are permissible? Or, are you assuming all PMs would be about accounts, and all PMs are really off limit?

Just curious...

justinag06

04-03-2006 20:12:05

wouldnt want to have to answer about the random DQs

Iloveipods2

05-03-2006 20:38:06

can we send him requests? because you state "account specific" hmmm I just want an OC t-shirt! oops

sooo please OfferCentric, send out t-shirts with the freebies!

ilanbg

05-03-2006 20:55:42

How often will he post? He has two posts; we can't PM him; that ain't much support. ?

Tholek

05-03-2006 21:03:29

How about sending out free laptops with the t-shirts? I'd go for that. ;)

OfferCentric

08-03-2006 00:28:32

We're not asking people not to PM us at all just not personal account questions that are better handled by our support through the normal support channels. We’d just end up passing on the account questions to the regular support and since we don’t get into the forums every day it would end up taking longer for us to get back to you, plus it takes up time we’d rather dedicate towards participating in the forums.

As for random DQs; I'd be happy to respond to those allegations although it's been stated by us over and over in interviews and other forums that there is nothing random about it. We tell people why their account/referral was disqualified but most people don't accept it or think they should be exempt or given a 2nd chance and when we don't give in they say we did it for no reason or wouldn't tell them why.

Thanks for letting us take part in the FIG forums.

Tholek

08-03-2006 01:15:22

Can you address whether or not so-called "offers of doom" are the only choices available to those additional referrals beyond the initial 18 required on Notebooks4free?

I would genuinely like to know.

OfferCentric

08-03-2006 02:08:48

Due to our method of filtering offers it's possible for your final referrals to end up with only the "harder" offers depending on what offers your other referrals do.

On the sites requiring more referrals, this tends to be the case more often. However the way the offers are filtered takes into account the number of referrals required by each site and each product group (for sites with multiple groups).

This means that whether you go for the cheaper or more expensive notebooks for example, your referrals will end up with the same selection of offers. You won't end up doing more "OOD" offers for the more expensive notebooks.

Tholek

08-03-2006 03:31:57

It's a matter of record, that prior to the addition of "Tier 2" and "Tier 3" models, the last 2-3 prospective referrals would only be presented with a lesser number of these more "harder" offers. That seems to be the rule, not the exception.

With the addition of the new tiers, I simply wonder if those "harder" offers will be all the new prospective referrals will see once you pass 18 referrals accrued.

Is that, [iaba0a10fa6]specifically[/iaba0a10fa6], the case?

On a separate note, at which point do the additional tier gifts appear to a user on the select gift page? I had assumed it might be when the individual reaches 19 referrals, but I'd like to know for certain. Additionally, once an individual passes the required referral milestone for a specific tier, can they still choose a gift from a lesser tier? (With, or without forfeiting the extra referrals)

Lastly, you've allowed people to re-sign on some of your sites. Will you allow this for Notebooks4Free?

I've always wanted to know. )

Thanks for listening.

hrdfarkr

08-03-2006 08:51:15

First, thanks for answering questions here.

Second, what is your name so we don't have to call you offercentric.

Third, will current notebooks4free members be able to upgrade to higher tiers at some point? (this seems to be similar to the previous question asked by another user)

OfferCentric

08-03-2006 18:41:39

[quoteb1a3de2fcd]It's a matter of record, that prior to the addition of "Tier 2" and "Tier 3" models, the last 2-3 prospective referrals would only be presented with a lesser number of these more "harder" offers. That seems to be the rule, not the exception. [/quoteb1a3de2fcd]

Well the number of referrals is different of different sites, some sites don't have the "OOD" offers at all but yes, it's more the rule than exception.

[quoteb1a3de2fcd]With the addition of the new tiers, I simply wonder if those "harder" offers will be all the new prospective referrals will see once you pass 18 referrals accrued.

Is that, specifically, the case? [/quoteb1a3de2fcd]

Like I mentioned before, on the more expensive tiers (we call them gift groups or just groups) you won't be faced with having more "OOD" offers than the cheaper items by rule but it is possible depending on what offers the previous 18 referrals do. So to put it in a more clear way If you did the group for 18 referrals and ended up with 4 "OOD" offers, this doesn't mean if you had done the group for 24 referrals you would have ended up with 10 "OODs", you’d probably end up with 4 depending on what offers were already done.

[quoteb1a3de2fcd]On a separate note, at which point do the additional tier gifts appear to a user on the select gift page? I had assumed it might be when the individual reaches 19 referrals, but I'd like to know for certain. Additionally, once an individual passes the required referral milestone for a specific tier, can they still choose a gift from a lesser tier? (With, or without forfeiting the extra referrals) [/quoteb1a3de2fcd]

Once you choose an item you are stuck with changing your selection to another item in the same group. This is why you won't see other groups. We are looking at letting people change their offer after they sign up but currently we don't allow it. If you earn say 19 referrals then want an item that requires 15 we could do it on a special case basis but we don't have any way to carry the referrals over to another site or towards another item.

[quoteb1a3de2fcd]Lastly, you've allowed people to re-sign on some of your sites. Will you allow this for Notebooks4Free?

I've always wanted to know.[/quoteb1a3de2fcd]

Sites with more expensive items probably won't have the ability to come back another time although it is possible. We are running this feature as a test at the moment to see how it affects our business model and if people actually want to do the same site again. Depending on our results we may do this on all sites or remove it from all sites. If we do remove this feature it won't affect those already on their additional attempt.

johnjimjones

08-03-2006 19:18:56

Wow....an OC rep....I've only dreamed of this day.

OfferCentric

08-03-2006 19:41:42

[quote82a62d43b8]First, thanks for answering questions here. [/quote82a62d43b8]

No problem

[quote82a62d43b8]Second, what is your name so we don't have to call you offercentric. [/quote82a62d43b8]

Steven. We set this account up a long time ago, it just never got used so it was never personalized. I'll ask to get the name changed.

[quote82a62d43b8]Third, will current notebooks4free members be able to upgrade to higher tiers at some point? (this seems to be similar to the previous question asked by another user)[/quote82a62d43b8]

We are looking at letting people change the item to that of another group but this isn't solid and there's no ETA. We will however let those who already had an account before we added the new groups (2/6/2006) to upgrade by special request. Email our support to request this.

fgr_admin

08-03-2006 19:58:16

Yes thanx for coming here I am a huge fan of OC.

Tholek

08-03-2006 20:21:56

[quoteea75644fba="OfferCentric"]We are looking at letting people change the item to that of another group but this isn't solid and there's no ETA. We will however let those who already had an account before we added the new groups (2/6/2006) to upgrade by special request. Email our support to request this.[/quoteea75644fba]

liwhewli D (Thanks)

I've had an account almost since the site went online, so I'm relieved.

[quoteea75644fba="OfferCentric"][quoteea75644fba]Lastly, you've allowed people to re-sign on some of your sites. Will you allow this for Notebooks4Free?

I've always wanted to know.[/quoteea75644fba]

Sites with more expensive items probably won't have the ability to come back another time although it is possible. We are running this feature as a test at the moment to see how it affects our business model and if people actually want to do the same site again. Depending on our results we may do this on all sites or remove it from all sites. If we do remove this feature it won't affect those already on their additional attempt.[/quoteea75644fba]

I'd like to have the option of retaining the account, and getting more referrals for a future model. I assume your site will be online for the forseeable future, and will eventually be upgraded with more contemporary models in time. I see no drawback in allowing an individual to complete the site again. You'd only increase revenue.

hrdfarkr

09-03-2006 13:42:17

Thanks Steve,

Answers are much appreciated!

Where do I email to be upgraded on laptops?

p.s. I gave you your first karma points here, feel free to give me a few free referrals on notebooks4free

Tholek

09-03-2006 13:57:41

[quotec4bce46351="hrdfarkr"]p.s. I gave you your first karma points here, feel free to give me a few free referrals on notebooks4free[/quotec4bce46351]

Hey, I've given blood sweat and tears. If anyone deserves some free greens, it's me. ;)

Seriously though, I suspect some of my yellows [ic4bce46351]should've[/ic4bce46351] gone green...

Tholek

20-03-2006 12:30:24

I know I can't just PM Steven out of the blue, but I sure wish I could.

ilanbg

20-03-2006 12:34:05

Who is Steven?

hrdfarkr

20-03-2006 12:40:17

The OC rep.

targetman39

31-05-2007 03:18:43

OK.. Offer Centric How come you guys haven't been giving anybody credit for completing offers, and its not just my account

i should be done but you guys havent given 6 people credit

is it one of those scemes to make your pockets bigger?

or you could just respect the fact that were out there trying to get out share to and help us by giving those greens to those completed offers

nah, that would be to easy right!

phunkstar

29-10-2007 16:13:27

Fuck that criminal motherfucker.

Rangerbob86

20-06-2008 11:06:30

I have put in several support tickets for a site that I've put years into completing, and OC has started to ignore me. They don't even give me a reply anymore. What do I do now if I can't PM the rep?