Tom Martino

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=32311

ch3d

06-02-2006 09:24:16

Has anybody ever heard of him?

http//troubleshooter.com/[]http//troubleshooter.com/

He is syndicated nationaly on his radio shows where he confronts people/companies that commit fraud.

Any way I called his show today just for kicks. I asked him to look in to Offer Centric. They said this company is in no way a legit business. There is absolutely no way to contact them. They have a very unsatisfactory rating at the better business bureau.

Don't you have to be registered somewhere to be considered a business? have a tax Id or something?

So I wonder with such a record for fraud, why do so many people continue to use them and how do they stay in business? What is it that protects them from being shut down? why are they considered legit?

How many users in this forum have received multiple gifts from them?

How many have received gifts without referring thousands of people to the site?

just curioisity.

CL

ajrock2000

06-02-2006 09:30:48

I've completed 3 of their sites. Along with xbox3604free's generous $475 payment.

cyberpunk243

06-02-2006 09:31:06

hmm. that is interesting. I never finished an OC site, mainly because of the OOD. I have started them for trades but have no intentions of finishing them. Did you ask about any other free stuff companies?

kevxross

06-02-2006 10:39:48

I've gotten $1300 from them for 2 sites. Had to get 2 extra greens on notebooks for a total of 20 instead of 18, but other than that the OODs are the only problem I had with them.

KeithA

06-02-2006 11:04:22

Tom Martino started in Denver, CO. He is the man at getting stuff done on consumers' behalf.

ajrock2000

06-02-2006 11:06:21

Well he seems to be right on the money with this one... lol

johnjimjones

06-02-2006 11:21:25

I don't see the point in going after OC. For me they've just been an ass with those OOD. Other than that, no problem.

damac

06-02-2006 11:45:47

i have completed every oc site and recieved my gifts with no holds on my accounts, except for camcorders4free, cell phone site and plasma.

thats before and after the offers of doom hit.

i also know a handfull of people in real life that have got all their gifts, no holds on their accounts either.

so at this point i dont get the hate since we KNOW about the offers of doom, you can choose to do the offers at this point.

even right now, there is nothing wrong with their nano and video ipod site, no offers of doom on those )

bruman

06-02-2006 11:52:00

i've gotten over $1500 from them no probs.. I think only 1 DQ total on all thier sites.. and the dude did violate the TOS I contacted him and he admitted to multiple accounts. They don't DQ people for no reason.. they have the best support. a lot batter then freepay. Without the OOD they would be the best

ch3d

06-02-2006 12:05:08

[quote4e6c9496c8]I don't see the point in going after OC.[/quote4e6c9496c8]

I'm not really going after them. I just was having an issue of my own and it just seemed pretty cut a dried that I was right and they were wrong. But I had no means of communicating that to them.

I was just checking them out just out of curiousity. I found it interesting that they get by with so many unresolved fraud complaints and don't even get scathed or checked on.

I figured you at least had to have contact info for god's sake to be a legitimate business. Evidently all you need is an auto-reply email address and your good to go.

I was also just curious about their success. I wonder if they create just enough success stories to keep them "legit" and don't get too concerned with the rest.

I'm glad a few of you have had luck....i've never had the patience and/or Know how to complete an OC site.

[quote4e6c9496c8]Tom Martino started in Denver, CO. He is the man at getting stuff done on consumers' behalf.[/quote4e6c9496c8]

yeah tom's the shit. I've listened to him for years. He didn't even want to waste his time with this one.

Basically In his opinion your stupid to even try to deal with OC. 2 minutes worth of research and any idiot should know that.

I was hoping he would have some resources to find out how to contact them directly....he don't. You gotta be in the FBI to find OC's contact info

chrismic

06-02-2006 12:59:55

My account with the OC’s Ipods just got DQ’d, after six months of trying to get people to sign up for OC’s OOD I finally got 5 people to go green and I got DQ’d. I have completed numerous sites with Freepay and have never been DQ’d.

Chrismic

johnjimjones

06-02-2006 14:22:49

I finished mp3players4free, no holds, no DQ's. I'll still never do OC again.

Rodney

06-02-2006 15:50:21

I've finished notebooks4free and psps4free at offercentric.

Tom Martino is a good guy (I've listened to his show a few times), but I doubt he is very net saavy when it comes to incentive based marketing companies like offercentric/freepay/trainn, etc.

I wouldn't call him the authority on this ) Real estate, car problems, yeah, but internet marketing, probably not.

That being said, the OOD at offercentric are definitely one of their flaws, but I don't think that they are an overall "fraudulent" company.

Iloveipods2

06-02-2006 16:45:54

are you kidding? obviously you weren't here half a year ago where people used to have sigs with "OC is sooo much better than gratis" and vice versa. search off topic for "offercentric or gratis better". or better yet, try completing an OC site.

i believe (strictly on my personal experience with both companies) OC and freepay are on the same level. they're also the only companies to have reached over a $1 million sold and have it offered to three countries(shipping).

ch3d

07-02-2006 06:44:56

If they would just provide customer service they would be on the same level as Freepay.

Sometimes you can actually get a valid response from freepay.

for example I did an instant offer. pay $13 for this shit and get instant credit.

I have the advertiser sending my credit validation to OC and copying me on it and they still refuse to do anything. nothing but auto replies for over 4 weeks.

I just don't get why that do that. Atleast send a note "we're not crediting you because we think you're an asshole" any thing but the auto reply.

drives me insane!!

Airkat

07-02-2006 09:30:28

[quote028cf0a657="ch3d"]I'm glad a few of you have had luck....i've never had the patience and/or Know how to complete an OC site.[/quote028cf0a657]

I said this to u in the last thread. Instead of trying to have the "know-how" why don't you just legitimately follow their terms to finish the site. You say you don't have the patience, yet you have the time to create vendetta threads here about them.

Iloveipods2

07-02-2006 20:48:43

[quote1a291f58d1="Airkat"][quote1a291f58d1="ch3d"]I'm glad a few of you have had luck....i've never had the patience and/or Know how to complete an OC site.[/quote1a291f58d1]

I said this to u in the last thread. Instead of trying to have the "know-how" why don't you just legitimately follow their terms to finish the site. You say you don't have the patience, yet you have the time to create vendetta threads here about them.[/quote1a291f58d1]

yeah, i'll go w/ Airkat on this one. I really don't like people who bash a company even though they haven't finished a site from that company. shrug

ch3d

08-02-2006 07:00:00

^^^^^^^^ [quote897c19efc5]I finished mp3players4free, no holds, no DQ's. I'll still never do OC again.[/quote897c19efc5]

I can't even complete one FKN "instant" offer. Why the hell would I go any further. I'm sure they're a great reputable site and I'm just not seeing it yet.

I was merely asking what keeps people going to OC. not a "vendetta"...

SO tell me how is it done? I'm not the only one that would like to know.

what's the secret?

How about chrismic....dq'd after 6 months of working on the site? You dont think he'll be dealing with auto replies for the next six months?

Airkat

08-02-2006 11:27:05

I can't even complete one FKN "instant" offer. Why the hell would I go any further.

So STOP TRYING! Why are you even bothering with them if they're such a huge scam? Why are you making threads about them? Why haven't you moved on?

ch3d

08-02-2006 14:57:43

I'm not attempting to complete anything. Im just doing one ref for someone. I mostly wanted a concensus of how most users felt about OC. I'll concede that they are legit. kina crappy but legit....sort of

I've only started 2 threads i think and I thought all the threads up in here were about oc. Sorry I bother you so much. This thread was interesting to me tho.

Peace!

chrismic

09-02-2006 11:32:19

[quotef5bddec65c="Airkat"][quotef5bddec65c="ch3d"]I'm glad a few of you have had luck....i've never had the patience and/or Know how to complete an OC site.[/quotef5bddec65c]

I said this to u in the last thread. Instead of trying to have the "know-how" why don't you just legitimately follow their terms to finish the site. You say you don't have the patience, yet you have the time to create vendetta threads here about them.[/quotef5bddec65c]

I did legitimately follow their terms and conditions and they DQ'd me after a lot of work and all I get out this company is auto-response after auto response.......... I do not see how this company is on the same playing field as Freepay, first the OC has OOD and second their customer support/service sucks. I am with CH3D on this one.....

phunkstar

10-02-2006 14:04:13

[quote6610e789d1="ch3d"]I asked him to look in to Offer Centric. They said this company is in no way a legit business.[/quote6610e789d1]

I'll bet you $100.00 he'd say the same thing about any incentive based marketing company (Freepay & Trainn included).

Oh, and OC is still the best as far as I'm concerned...

ch3d

14-02-2006 08:02:24

[quote2c14876752]Oh, and OC is still the best as far as I'm concerned...[/quote2c14876752]

wow you don't hear that every day!

fgr_admin

14-02-2006 09:12:46

[quote9168128d53="ch3d"][quote9168128d53]Oh, and OC is still the best as far as I'm concerned...[/quote9168128d53]

wow you don't hear that every day![/quote9168128d53]

I also think OC is one of the best sites available. Not because I like OOD or anything, but because they are not a pyramid scheme.

If a site makes less money then the gift they send you, eventually the pyramid will collapse. Sites like OC that actually break even or make a profit will last longer.

hrdfarkr

14-02-2006 10:12:38

I've received more from OC then Freepay, I like both...but i've had better luck with OC (prior to OODs) now with the OODs gone (temporarily?) i'm hoping to continue to do better with them.