Someone signed up w/ similar email...

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=3061

alphaex32

10-11-2004 15:58:12

I have been sending out email=s to people I know with my referral link, and I'm a little bit concerned about something. Somebody signed up with my link, but for some reason used an email address almost exactly the same as mine. I don't know who it is yet, but Im guessing he/she just created the address to use for the offer. Maybe hes trying to sabotage me or something and get the mods suspicious. The email address he used was "alphaex3fd2@comcast.net." My email address, of course, is email=alphaex32@comcast.netalphaex32@comcast.nets to people I know with my referral link, and I'm a little bit concerned about something. Somebody signed up with my link, but for some reason used an email address almost exactly the same as mine. I don't know who it is yet, but Im guessing he/she just created the address to use for the offer. Maybe hes trying to sabotage me or something and get the mods suspicious. The email address he used was "alphaex3fd2@comcast.net." My email address, of course, is email=alphaex32@comcast.netalphaex32@comcast.net/email. I already sent him an email telling him to change the email address to prevent confusion.

edit I just got a mailer-daemon email which says the email address doesnt even exist. So it seems whoever this was faked a signup and is probably trying to get my account put on hold. This really pisses me off. Is there anything I can do to make sure that offercentric knows what's going on?

chillywilly

10-11-2004 16:43:16

[quotec49a1f633f="alphaex32"]edit I just got a mailer-daemon email which says the email address doesnt even exist. So it seems whoever this was faked a signup and is probably trying to get my account put on hold. This really pisses me off. Is there anything I can do to make sure that offercentric knows what's going on?[/quotec49a1f633f]
I had someone use an email= address of email=jackmehoff@fuckripoff.comjackmehoff@fuckripoff.com address of email=jackmehoff@fuckripoff.comjackmehoff@fuckripoff.com/email on my freepalms.com account.

While that won't hurt me, I doubt your's will either. So long as that other address doesn't show any offers being completed under it.

I think it's a bunch of immature punks who have way too much free time on their hands.

zed2004

10-11-2004 22:46:04

people usually just use fake email addresses to get into the actual site and see what it is all about.

i do.