Not Proven Legitimate Free Sites

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=29746

ch3d

04-01-2006 07:39:44

Can you move OC to the 'Not Proven Legitimate Free Sites' section. They are a total rip off. I've tried off and on for over a year with these people. They don't belong in the legitimate section at all!!!

I say if you dont have any sort of customer service to speak of you are anything but legitimate.

Berky34

04-01-2006 07:57:22

I don't thinkso I mean they still send out gifts right? and they are legit right?

ch3d

04-01-2006 08:56:41

But no customer service support. That's the thing. If you don't have customer service your illegitimate. IMO

Iloveipods2

04-01-2006 17:12:49

i've never had a problem w/ OC, then again i haven't completed any of their sites. plus OC has given over $1,000,000.00 in gifts but i don't know if that includes paypal(prob does). i'm 1 green away from finishin mp3players and 2 greens away from psps4free, soo i'll see. but putting OC in not legitimate is almost as stupid as saying freepay is even slightly bad. IMO

ilanbg

04-01-2006 17:47:47

[quote11f9b98312]i've never had a problem w/ OC, then again i haven't completed any of their sites.[/quote11f9b98312]
That sounds rather foolish.

tylerc

04-01-2006 18:07:17

Yeah, you might have a problem if they randomly DQ you.

compuguru

04-01-2006 18:21:36

I completed one OC site about a year ago...

Skunk

04-01-2006 19:04:59

How are they with 360's?

JUNIOR6886

04-01-2006 19:30:25

most OC haters are just mad because they cant screw over OC like they do with freepay..... OC has NEVER screwed me out of a gift but they did DQ a few of my refs. I got my refund from each though so all is well. D

ch3d

05-01-2006 07:06:20

[quote5a773310aa="JUNIOR6886"]most OC haters are just mad because they cant screw over OC like they do with freepay..... OC has NEVER screwed me out of a gift but they did DQ a few of my refs. I got my refund from each though so all is well. D[/quote5a773310aa]

This oc hater hates them because the have no FKN cust. service!!!!

johnjimjones

05-01-2006 08:38:32

For me they're just rediculously expensive to complete. I did mp3players and I only made about $175 of the $275 because of OOD.

Airkat

05-01-2006 10:52:14

Well here's the deal. In my opinion people hate OC for 3 reasons

#1 its expensive for those who pay for referrals. That's not what they designed their site (and business model for).

#2 No "support". The "freebie communities" like this one, usually hurts sites (except for the big ones) with all the talk of cancelling offers, the easiest offers to do, conga lines, paying for referrals. Again, something they don't really support. So I really wouldnt be surprised if you asked them a question typical of someone from a freebie community asking and they ignore you. I've personally gotten questions answered...

#3 Random DQ. Well, I'll have to argue how "random" it is. Most posts I've seen say "Well it was my uncle, he only CHECKED his account from here" or "He did an offer then I logged into my account to see that it credited". Well umm.. what do you expect them to think? Everyone here has a system to get their prize, and don't be surprised that that "system" gets you screwed.

So don't be bitter about it and suggest they're not legit when they are. Maybe someone needs a dictionary, because holding your hand through the process is not the definition of legit.

my 2¢

lieditli BTW, until coming here and trading referrals I've never had a red (I never even knew what the heck it was). Not saying the community is bad, I'm just saying when people complete their sites the way it was meant to be done then there's usually no problems.

Tholek

05-01-2006 16:09:12

[quote9dd7a9bece="Airkat"]#3 Random DQ. Well, I'll have to argue how "random" it is. Most posts I've seen say "Well it was my uncle, he only CHECKED his account from here" or "He did an offer then I logged into my account to see that it credited". Well umm.. what do you expect them to think? Everyone here has a system to get their prize, and don't be surprised that that "system" gets you screwed.

So don't be bitter about it and suggest they're not legit when they are. Maybe someone needs a dictionary, because holding your hand through the process is not the definition of legit.[/quote9dd7a9bece]

Well, I've been at this longer than you, and while I won't say they're not legit, I do believe that they are "extremely conservative" in their approval process, if not actually "skimming" greens.

It's a fact that you'll have less people complete via an OC site, than a Gratis one. In the beginning, I thought that was due in part to their poor site design/layout, and those @#$%&li! completion buttons. (Which surely [i9dd7a9bece]do[/i9dd7a9bece] have a negative impact on completion)

However, the continuous reports of yellows and reds from people who [i9dd7a9bece]know[/i9dd7a9bece] the person completed for them are too much to ignore. OC is certainly getting more referral fees per account than Gratis is per every Freepay account, and we [i9dd7a9bece]are[/i9dd7a9bece] getting screwed. (

ch3d

16-01-2006 10:19:39

I would consider them legit if there was some sort of system to keep record of credit requests like most other Legit sites.

Airkat, could you list 3 reasons people love OC ?

Airkat

16-01-2006 10:29:44

This is a thread about users hating OC, and I gave you what I felt were the main reasons people hate OC and why I think it's a bit unecessary/misguided.

There's always going to be more people yapping off their gums when they're unhappy than happy.

Instead of trying to flip it around, can you dispute what I said above?

Daggoth

16-01-2006 11:34:41

Someone on A4F got DQ'd on Plasmas4Free for having the same password as one of his refs who did not even complete an offer.

doylnea

16-01-2006 11:52:13

[quotef382bfe83e="Daggoth"]Someone on A4F got DQ'd on Plasmas4Free for having the same password as one of his refs who did not even complete an offer.[/quotef382bfe83e]

What are the chances that the referral and the DQd person would have the same password? 1,000,0001, if not eveb greater odds? if I was running a site and someone requesting approval and one of their referrals had the same password, I'd DQ the referral for sure, and spend a lot more time checking on their other referrals.

Tholek

16-01-2006 11:58:36

[quote6cbbb0fe35="Daggoth"]Someone on A4F got DQ'd on Plasmas4Free for having the same password as one of his refs who did not even complete an offer.[/quote6cbbb0fe35]

Passwords?! That makes it sound like they're going through it all with a fine tooth comb. shock

I once ate some grapes while still in the supermarket. Do you think they'll DQ me over that????

I may not sleep tonight....

doylnea

16-01-2006 12:18:31

[quote7f8d776521="Tholek"][quote7f8d776521="Daggoth"]Someone on A4F got DQ'd on Plasmas4Free for having the same password as one of his refs who did not even complete an offer.[/quote7f8d776521]

Passwords?! That makes it sound like they're going through it all with a fine tooth comb. shock

I once ate some grapes while still in the supermarket. Do you think they'll DQ me over that????

I may not sleep tonight....[/quote7f8d776521]

I would guess they have a script that checks the password MD5 hashes to see if any of them match. If any of the hashes match, then they investigate.

ch3d

16-01-2006 13:21:21

[quoted92175ba67="Airkat"]This is a thread about users hating OC, and I gave you what I felt were the main reasons people hate OC and why I think it's a bit unecessary/misguided.

There's always going to be more people yapping off their gums when they're unhappy than happy.

Instead of trying to flip it around, can you dispute what I said above?[/quoted92175ba67]

this thread is mainly about your reason#2. In my opinion it goes farther than just not having a rep on this site. There is no way to track credit requests/status. They're just difficult to deal with. I'll leave it at that.

johnjimjones

16-01-2006 13:25:31

Except for the OOD, I really haven't had any problems with OC. Not even DQs. I just got credit after 2 days for an offer, which is not bad.

Airkat

16-01-2006 15:07:11

[quotec0adac83e9="ch3d"][quotec0adac83e9="Airkat"]This is a thread about users hating OC, and I gave you what I felt were the main reasons people hate OC and why I think it's a bit unecessary/misguided.

Instead of trying to flip it around, can you dispute what I said above?[/quotec0adac83e9]

this thread is mainly about your reason#2. In my opinion it goes farther than just not having a rep on this site. There is no way to track credit requests/status. They're just difficult to deal with. I'll leave it at that.[/quotec0adac83e9]

I'll grant you that. I can't comment on that too much, but like I said, if its someone asking the typical questions u say people asking Jake in the freepay forum, they may choose to give it a lower priority.

not saying its right or the best method, but I can see where they're coming from. I've still never had an issue with support.

I think what scares most is how meticulous they are. Trainn and Freepay are a bit lax in comparison. I'd have to agree with Doylnea too, unless they got walked through, how likely is it to have the same PW?

darkscout

16-01-2006 15:45:45

[quote5bbeda8129="doylnea"]
What are the chances that the referral and the DQd person would have the same password? 1,000,0001, if not eveb greater odds? if I was running a site and someone requesting approval and one of their referrals had the same password, I'd DQ the referral for sure, and spend a lot more time checking on their other referrals.[/quote5bbeda8129]

I run a registration for a major job fair through school. We get the Dumb HR types that have no clue about security. You would be pretty suprised at how many passwords match. You get the 5-6 that have "password" but then we also get
Name of our school.
"HR"
"recruitment"
the list goes on.

I wouldn't say 1,000,0001. After all. I'm talking about a registration for a job fair that only has 300 companies. No 2 companies have the same HR department, but they STILL manage to get the same passwords.

I wonder if their passwords were "4free" or the name of the website, etc

ch3d

20-01-2006 08:30:07

I did Tickle me IQ on the 17th. An "instant offer". No credit...big surprise. Submitted a MCR two days later.

If I get no response and/or no credit in the next 10 days with no response from OC. My point will be proven....again.

Rodney

20-01-2006 13:57:50

I was recently sent to Vendor at notebooks4free, so I don't think your point is exactly "proven"

ch3d

20-01-2006 14:40:00

no trouble what so ever? That's good to hear....only 1700 yellows? that's great. They must have done the same "instant" offer that I did.

Pros-Pear-Eh-T

27-01-2006 00:01:53

[quote20b327bc24="JUNIOR6886"]most OC haters are just mad because they cant screw over OC like they do with freepay.....[/quote20b327bc24]

lol LOL. That's interesting.

Pros-Pear-Eh-T

ch3d

27-01-2006 07:27:42

[quote5905881b54]I did Tickle me IQ on the 17th. An "instant offer". No credit...big surprise. [/quote5905881b54]

waited 10 days and submitted another MCR. i immediately got a reply!(so FAST!) said wait another 10 days....now that's award winning customer service D

thewanda

27-01-2006 09:59:59

[quotec7454efc61="ch3d"][quotec7454efc61]I did Tickle me IQ on the 17th. An "instant offer". No credit...big surprise. [/quotec7454efc61]

waited 10 days and submitted another MCR. i immediately got a reply!(so FAST!) said wait another 10 days....now that's award winning customer service D[/quotec7454efc61]

same here.. they just keep asking you to wait.....

ch3d

31-01-2006 10:03:18

[quote782d2ffc0e]Hello,

Your confirmation email will be sent to our advertiser for review. If you
do not receive credit within 10 business days after submitting your
confirmation email, this is an indication that the advertiser did not
approve the transaction and you will not receive credit. Please understand
that we only receive commission when your transaction is approved.

Best Regards,
OfferCentric Member Services[/quote782d2ffc0e]

This is reassuring

ch3d

01-02-2006 07:50:02

So I did it this way.

[quotedecf843f5c]"Hello,

Your confirmation email will be sent to our advertiser for review. If you
do not receive credit within 10 business days after submitting your
confirmation email, this is an indication that the advertiser did not
approve the transaction and you will not receive credit. Please understand
that we only receive commission when your transaction is approved.

Best Regards,
OfferCentric Member Services"[/quotedecf843f5c]

I contacted the advertiser MYSELF and they replied back and said

[quotedecf843f5c]" Chad,

Do you have an email address from OfferCentric? I will forward them a copy
of your IQ test results as proof of payment.

Best regards,

Mathew Wakefield
Customer Care"[/quotedecf843f5c]

I put in another technical problem ticket in and said

"what email address would youlike me to give them so they can send this to you? It was that easy.

Thanks
Chad"

maybe this will work aye?

OC replied!!

[quotedecf843f5c]We will check with our advertiser in regards to this.[/quotedecf843f5c]

edit MArk this day on the calendaR!!! I have established communications with oc CS.... It is possible. We are actully replying back and forth in an email fashion reguarding my issue!! This is wonderful...I was all wrong.

So they still refuse to credit me. after i contacted ticlkle me and they verified and sent confirmation to OC. I still get canned responses.

OC? ... def not legit.

ch3d

15-02-2006 13:58:29

I feel it neccessary to add that I worked out my issue with TickleMe and OC. I received credit for my offer even though OC may not receive credit for my offer.

Thanks OC rep! It took a couple months, but thanks. The end result was achieved.

OfferCentric

04-03-2006 01:32:35

Wow, looks like I've jumped into a hornets nest here. Oh well, let's get these misconceptions, rumors and second hand stories set straight.

Do we randomly DQ accounts? No, never did, never will. Each account goes through a fine tooth comb review and if we feel the person is doing wrong, they are DQ'd and when the user writes to us to find out why, we always tell them. Many of them jump straight into the forums and post stuff like "Just got DQ'd by OC for no reason". Then everyone else says, "see what they did to that guy, they must really be DQing people for no reason".

Do we ignore peoples emails? No, we respond to every email we get. Yes many of these emails get canned responses but this isn't because we don't care it's because we get asked the same questions hundreds of times a week. It makes no sense to type the saem response by hand over and over. If you get a canned response and it doesn't cover your question(s) then write back asking for details on what was left out. We respond to emails 7 days a week, we aren't ignoring anyone.

I filed a MCR and got no response. This is because we don't respond to these until the ad network/advertiser gets back to us with some information which we can reply to you with. Until we hear from them there's nothing more we can do. It's not that we are ignoring you, we just don't have anything to reply to you with yet.

As for the person who got DQ'd on Plasmas for "only having one referral with the same password as his" was actually DQ'd for other evidence we had that proved that he had other accounts on the same site and at least one was used to be a referral for himself.

And anyone claming that we are making money off of users who don't get credit for their offers is just making that up as he goes. If you don't get credit, we don't get paid and that's all there is to it. And having to click a button after you do the offer has absolutely nothing to do with you not getting credit. I know some people think this magical button has something to do with picking who gets credit or not and it's just not the case at all. That button provides us with real-time statistical data used for reporting purposes.

Did I miss anything?

Tholek

04-03-2006 05:29:37

Um, I'm fairly certain I have had at least a few refs that completed offers, but never went green, whatever the reason....

9mmbullitt

04-03-2006 09:57:20

I don't understand why it is so difficult to get credit. I did my part of the agreement, which is complete an offer. Then OC wants me to verify it with a copy of the email I get from the advertiser. Then that isn't enough, I have to do the leg work to get the advertiser to communicate with OC and prove I did the offer. I've never had this problem at Trainn or Freepay. I've got offers I've done, one at notebooks and one for minimacs. These were in February. To date, no credit. I've played the email game with OC. Still nothing. I was very interested in completing the sites, but at this point I am losing faith and don't think I should risk it unless OC can show me something.

OfferCentric

08-03-2006 00:46:28

[quotea74c2cb2d6]I don't understand why it is so difficult to get credit. I did my part of the agreement, which is complete an offer. Then OC wants me to verify it with a copy of the email I get from the advertiser. Then that isn't enough, I have to do the leg work to get the advertiser to communicate with OC and prove I did the offer. I've never had this problem at Trainn or Freepay. I've got offers I've done, one at notebooks and one for minimacs. These were in February. To date, no credit. I've played the email game with OC. Still nothing. I was very interested in completing the sites, but at this point I am losing faith and don't think I should risk it unless OC can show me something.[/quotea74c2cb2d6]

We understand your frustration with not getting credit, we're frustrated by it as well.

Unfortunately the channels of communication between affiliates like us and the advertisers is somewhat limited. We are forced to go through the ad networks that host the offers and in many cases these ad networks are just affiliates themselves, running the offers through another network. This makes it hard to get answers about non credit in a timely manner if at all.

We've been asking all of the networks we deal with since shortly after we first launched to implement some sort of two way communication system so that if you don't get credit we at least know why and can tell you. So far, every ad network has either told us it's too difficult to do or have simply ignored us.

We, as with any freebie site, don't get paid if you don't get credit so we do look into these matters. Our current method of dealing with non credits is to batch submit complaints from our follow-up form on a weekly basis to the various networks so they can check and respond to us on what when wrong. This is a slow, tedious process but it's the only one made available to us at the moment. Some of the ad networks don't like to do this because they know that a large number of these complaints are from scammers. One ad network told us that around 30% of the no credit complaints they get are fraudulent and most of the rest are from people who cancel the offer and the advertiser doesn't want to pay for the lead.

If you do contact the advertiser about not getting credit and they do say your purchase was valid, please ask them if they can send you an email stating this. That way we can send this email with the reps email/name to the ad network and it makes it a lot easier to find out what the problem is. In some cases the advertiser simply doesn't report it to us even though you did everything correctly but we have no way to know you did the offer if they don't tell us.

PM me your user ID/email for the sites you didn’t get credit on as well as the offers. If you still have the confirmation emails we’ll need those. If you already submitted them through our “no credit” form we’ll be able to look them up from your ID.

9mmbullitt

09-03-2006 20:07:19

Thanks for the help. Karma for you!

Iloveipods2

09-03-2006 21:16:38

give the OC rep mod status(should have been done a while back)

and close this dam thread, or change the subject to "OC is amazing and I got my problem solved or something of that sort" dance2 dance cheer ! toast woot

OfferCentric

09-03-2006 21:18:41

I also wanted to say that we do have a system in place to handle and track credit requests, you don't see it because it's a back end system.

We are working to make this system visible to users, showing them the details of their request and the status.

The problem isn't a lack of system or support on our end it's that not a single ad network provides a system on their end to handle these things. Referral based freebie sites are relatively new and these networks haven't gotten to the point where they feel they need to create a system to streamline the process of dealing with no credits.

As for instant credit offers, if you don't get credit right away that means either the advertiser didn't approve you or there is a glitch (which is very rare). Either way I don't think it's fair to constantly put 100% of the blame on us considering we have no control over their systems or decision making process.

Every freebie site of any real size has been accused more than once of not crediting offers on purpose yet some people act like we are the only sites where people have credit issues. The reason every site has these issues is because the system we all rely on has flaws and is unfortunately taken advantage of on a regular basis by scammers which makes things worse for everyone.

We are always looking for ways to improve our support and process of dealing with offer credit issues and we have projects underway to create a proper customer support ticketing system which should help a lot.

CoMpFrEaK

09-03-2006 23:11:02

[quote18d108019d="OfferCentric"]I also wanted to say that we do have a system in place to handle and track credit requests, you don't see it because it's a back end system.

We are working to make this system visible to users, showing them the details of their request and the status.

The problem isn't a lack of system or support on our end it's that not a single ad network provides a system on their end to handle these things. Referral based freebie sites are relatively new and these networks haven't gotten to the point where they feel they need to create a system to streamline the process of dealing with no credits.

As for instant credit offers, if you don't get credit right away that means either the advertiser didn't approve you or there is a glitch (which is very rare). Either way I don't think it's fair to constantly put 100% of the blame on us considering we have no control over their systems or decision making process.

Every freebie site of any real size has been accused more than once of not crediting offers on purpose yet some people act like we are the only sites where people have credit issues. The reason every site has these issues is because the system we all rely on has flaws and is unfortunately taken advantage of on a regular basis by scammers which makes things worse for everyone.

We are always looking for ways to improve our support and process of dealing with offer credit issues and we have projects underway to create a proper customer support ticketing system which should help a lot.[/quote18d108019d]

Though OC used to be truely amazing, then it took a turn for the worse, though now its somewhat stable. I just find it interesting how much OC has gone through.

fgr_admin

09-03-2006 23:13:36

I just had to throw my 2 cents in about something.

I keep seeing people say "I don't have non crediting issues with Traiin or Freepay".

Thats because you are wearing blinders.

Go to any site thread. You will see tons of posts about people not EVER getting credit. It happens, deal with it, move on.

You people act like your doing $100 offers. You cry when you spend $5 and don't get credit towards a $300 gift.

The reason these sites are popular is because you get shit FREE, or even if you pay for referrals its damn CHEAP.

So stop bitching and do another offer.

I have done more trades on this board then any 3 people put together. I have not been credited numerous times, my friends have not been credited on numerous times.

Shit Happens.

Everything on the internet has hiccups, slow modem speeds, webpages not loading, forums loading slow, pictures not showing up, etc, etc.

Its part of life, sometimes stuff happens.

OC is legit.

I've received over $1800 from them, with only one small glitch which was worked out within 3 days. They answered all my emails with 2 days. Etc etc.

learn to be patient or try again.

KeithA

10-03-2006 06:37:18

^^^

Fair enough, but my issue with them was never about missing credit, per se--it was with their response to a missing credit request, which suggested that I am somehow responsible for ensuring that they are compensated when I have successfully completed an offer. I agree that patience is a virtue, but I maintain that it is unfair to penalize users that successfully completed offers for things beyond the users' control.

Full argument here

http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=27636[]http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=27636

fgr_admin

10-03-2006 08:34:37

[quote379299c46b="KeithA"]^^^

Fair enough, but my issue with them was never about missing credit, per se--it was with their response to a missing credit request, which suggested that I am somehow responsible for ensuring that they are compensated when I have successfully completed an offer. I agree that patience is a virtue, but I maintain that it is unfair to penalize users that successfully completed offers for things beyond the users' control.

Full argument here

http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=27636[]http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=27636[/quote379299c46b]

So after reading your argument on the other thread you believe all freebie sites should pay regardless if they get paid.

Yet the TOS of OC says

[quote379299c46b]2. Failure to receive credit for an offer

(a). OfferCentric does not guarantee that you will receive credit for completing an offer. We reserve the right to refuse crediting you for the completion of an offer for a variety of reasons, including, but not limited to, lack of appropriate information, improper sign-up method, improper browser settings, and/or history of manual credits. Manual credits are offers that are credited by OfferCentric as a result of filing an "Offer Completion Follow-up Request".

[/quote379299c46b]

Now I am really not an advocate of sites who hide behind or use the TOS to hurt customers at there own financial gain.

That being said I also don't think it fair for a customer to demand restitution when neither them or the freebie site was paid.

I think you all forget that the freebie site isnt paid directly from the offer. They have a middle man, that is who is to blame.
Here is how it works

1) You join tickle iq
2) tickle iq pays affiliate company
3) affiliate company pays freebie site
4) freebie site gives you a green

So when people post saying that tickle iq sent them an email saying they completed the offer OC can not take this up directly with tickle IQ, they have to report it to the affiliate company.

In all honesty everyone is in the same boat when it comes to lost credits except for the affiliate company. OC gets an irrate customer, who wastes man power trying to get you your credit manually. You lose a green as well as the funds for completeing the offer.

Meanwhile the affiliate company got paid.

So it is all the affiliate companies fault. I think everyone here remembers what happened when one affiliate company refused to pay any site for the bingo offers people completed. They got richer, the customers got screwed, and a few sites had to close.

So in my view it is pretty much everyone getting screwed by the affiliate companies.
Which I think OC does the best job of trying to avoid by rotating offers, removing offers periodicly, etc. This is to prevent rampant fraud, and loss of total earnings.

Just my opinion though, lol.

KeithA

10-03-2006 10:49:22

I hadn't considered the role affiliate companies may have played in the crafting of OC's T&C, and I do see your point. I guess I just find it interesting to study how the major site operators' terms and conditions vary, and how much of the risk each site bears is shifted to the user by those terms.

OfferCentric

15-03-2006 20:56:30

fgr_admin - Thanks for helping to explain to others how getting credit works, you have it right.

I'd like to also point out that in many cases this is how it works

1) You join tickle iq
2) tickle iq pays affiliate/CPA network #1 which they have a direct deal with
3) network #1 pays network #2 who hosts the offer on their network, skimming commissions off the top
4) network #2 pays freebie site
5) freebie site gives you a green

In fact, sometimes there are more than two middle man networks, we've seen as many as 4! Now 98% of the time this doesn’t cause problems but when we have to ask the network we deal with to look into why a user didn't get credit, you can see how many other people have to do their part to help get us an answer. This is why looking into offer credits can take a good while. There are other reasons but I don't want to go on a rant.