DISQUALIFIED?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=2707

cravingipod

04-11-2004 08:46:11

My account was disqualified...I have no idea what this means but it can't be good, and all my referrals were legit...WTH!!!!!!

alexvega

04-11-2004 11:15:52

i'm in the same boat, i emailed customer service, two days ago, still no response.... i'll just wait it out, i'm sure its a misunderstanding

mwg3c

04-11-2004 11:25:20

what is the email for customer service?

and did they send you an email saying you're disqualified when they were doing the approval stage?

thanks guys.

JuniorPhatFarm

05-11-2004 09:13:57

When you login, go to the help or customer service, I forget and email them there. They don't send you a letter saying you've be disqualified, or at least they didn't with me. Tell them all your refs and where they signed up from and that should clear it up. Good luck.

Ace

06-11-2004 13:17:07

i emailed and still havent recived a reply

calicorpsgirl

06-11-2004 16:58:00

I have seen a bunch of people having this problem with the OfferCentric sites....what is up with that? Why do they disqualify people who did everything right?

ftd

06-11-2004 19:15:55

maybe they find out you canceled offers?

yellow_bee84

06-11-2004 20:10:17

i got disqualified on my account and i am 100% sure i didn't violate the TandC at all nor did i cancel my completed offer. It is almost like they just want to make money or sumthing because when i emailed their support they emailed me back the second day after and they acted like they didn't care at all saying that they wouldn't change my status and my account was no longer up for discussion. they claimed i have multiple accounts which is total crap considering the day i found out about 4free sites i signed up and still use that account to this day. if thats how they wanna be, i guess whatever but it makes me kinda mad because i worked very hard for them.

mwg3c

08-11-2004 22:05:36

hey disqualified guys,

did y'all get an email saying you were disqualified? also, about how many days did you wait to get approved before it said you'd been disqualified.

thanks and good luck getting back in it.

mwg3c

09-11-2004 13:30:09

anyone?

alexvega

09-11-2004 16:39:01

no email, just logged in and found out

LedFloyd

09-11-2004 21:38:45

So four people here have said that they've been disqualified. This concerns me... I guess I have to chose my poison

1. Go with freeipods and risk not even getting my ipod and waiting for three or more months.
2. Go with mp3players4free and risk getting spontaneously disqualified and becoming extremely pissed off.... but they DO ship within four days which is very tempting... and they offer the iRiver.

What do you guys think I should do?

alexvega

10-11-2004 11:38:58

btw, when they put you on suspension, they ignore you (

calicorpsgirl

10-11-2004 12:39:58

Okay, so this "disqualification" happened when you were waiting for approval? Once you are approved and have ordered, they are no longer going to "disqualify" you? Because I have been approved and ordered my camera on cameras4free, and I want to make sure that I am not going to be randomly disqualified even after I have made an order.

kingjester33

10-11-2004 14:21:17

I've been hearing reports of more than just a few people this has happened to. It's rather suspect.

w0rf

26-11-2004 08:51:28

Anyone have an updated status of the whole ordeal? I was disqualified today also, not sure why...anyone get approved again?

xXx My Story xXx

01-12-2004 15:35:36

You guys are fools...Instead of complaining, why dont you spend your time time pleading your case to them? I was disqualified as well, but I cleared it up with a nice detailed letter(over the net) explaining why I am in the right and why I should be allowed to recieve a free gift.... Some tips to help u.....

1) DONT EMAIL them.....Youll never ever get a response. Instead go under faqs, customer service and question, and ask them there!!!MUch more efficient!
2) Dont be an asshole in pleading ur case.Too any idiots have done right but lose it in the end cuz they were angry.Remember, the representatives are people too and under no law do they have to give u a prize... And too many loopholes to bother suing them. ;) Im not saying be a brown noser, but use neutral words.

Anyways, talked to them about my case at night and got reply of verification later the next afternoon....PRAISE BE TO OFFERCENTRIC!!! If u want to wait and get put on hold, choose freeipods.com. Otherwise, for people who will listen and are quick, GO Offercentric.... Also, they offer 275 dollars instead of an mp3 player, Unlike those stingy folks at freeipods.com (250 dollars). if you are still on hold, you were either really cheating, or are just plain stupid. Gl to the rest of you!!!!!

jfried

01-12-2004 15:40:16

exactly what he said above me, freeipods.com has gotten more strict, and is at least 2 times as slow then offercentric, it took about a month and a half after approval to get my ipod with freeipods.com and less then 3 weeks to get my ipod with offercentric. Plus their costumer support is 100 times better then gratis and freeipods.com

bols24

03-12-2004 10:15:11

just great,

We're sorry but our records indicate you have signed up under multiple
accounts. Please review our terms and conditions.

I have only used one account, i got 5 unique referrals that i know personally, did my own offer, my account went "under review" and last night i log in to see that i have been disqualified. So i contacted them via the website and i got that as a reply. What a joke, Does multiple accounts mean they imply i have used different email addys on their site...? I have no clue on what premises they have came to this conclusion. Used one email got all my referrals, and about 4 days after going under review, i got the shaft

good luck, i really think they are throwing darts at a board to select those to get the ipods. evil

alexvega

03-12-2004 11:13:51

i have been taken off hold, they dq'd three of my referals tho.

I emailed them three times at first, then emailed them two weeks later and got a response.

Good luck!

xXx My Story xXx

03-12-2004 13:20:28

.....they arent random as Gratis. Just ask them what the problem is. From my perspective, you either

A) really cheated and need some sympathy.
B) signed up at school/office and because of IP, turned some heads towards suspicion.
C) Forgot u made 2 accs.
D) Similiar Email/password

Doesnt matter which one, but if ur in the right, you should talk to them again and again about your case. If it holds water, I promise they will accept. However, if u are bsing and you know it......Just put ur head down, dont complain and dont mess it up for the rest of us. I mean, just look at Gratis. ( sighsli

bols24

03-12-2004 20:42:01

thanks for the reply XXX if directed at me, I have sent and received about 3 emails with them just today. they gave me the email address that was suspected to be mine, it was one of my g/f's email addresses, i don't recall signing up for my acct at my g/f's place and i told them that. they made it clear that simply accessing my account there would not trigger a correlation between accounts. so yea , not sure if i have made any leeway but i have been very polite and thankful for their time spent in this matter. I hope to hear back again on Monday and just hopefully clear this up. i am very upset at this point(

bols24

03-12-2004 21:15:15

these companies are still using your supplied email and information to sell. along with im sure they still get paid for any completed offer no matter if your on hold or not. its a fking joke. i signed up at my g'fs place and not remembering i did so since it was at like 2am. i had her sign up for my 5th referral. well it went to verification and that was flagged as me having mulitiple accounts, its such a joke, credit card info can verify i dont live at that location that were different people etc. so they get away with 6 referalls which they will received probably a good 450 bux off my hard work, bc they tracked that a referral used the same computer. its such a crock. all different people with different CC's and addresses my bad for over looking the fact i used the same computer to initiate my account but come on , what does that prove nothing, look at my dang address

r2d2_unit

04-12-2004 00:34:30

[quote402b049a34="LedFloyd"]So four people here have said that they've been disqualified. This concerns me... I guess I have to chose my poison

1. Go with freeipods and risk not even getting my ipod and waiting for three or more months.
2. Go with mp3players4free and risk getting spontaneously disqualified and becoming extremely pissed off.... but they DO ship within four days which is very tempting... and they offer the iRiver.

What do you guys think I should do?[/quote402b049a34]

no one has waited that long to get their ipod from gratis...

xXx My Story xXx

04-12-2004 19:12:06

bols24.......Well......email them again (proabably forgot all about u by now) and tell them about ur "network issue". Or give them ur gf first name and maybe address, and urs. I mean....these are people who will appeal to reason...i got 3 emails saying no, but I kept at it,and finally got my IPOD approved....Dont give up until u see

"Your account has been closed for fraudulence. There will be no further review."

That's the death message....... )

bols24

06-12-2004 10:23:42

hey XXX,

yea i got that exact message in an email over the weekend and i decided this morning to email them and ask if they could just drop her as a referral of mine to make this easier. Just received an email back saying they reinstated my account but FOUR of my referrals are fraudulent!!!! I can't believe this crap, honestly. This is also comical in the case that they just keep baiting me to grad more referrals. I know those are all honest referrals as all of mine were in the first place. Not sure what to do as i don't think i can gather another 4 people and if its even worth it at this point the way they are messing with. i can just see me getting the other 4 and still being considered fraudulent on some level. What do you guys think...

thanks

PL4Y 1T L0UD

06-12-2004 11:21:03

nobody answered calicorpsgirl and i have the same question so i will ask again. at what time were you disqualified? has anyone been DQed after placing an order?

bols24

06-12-2004 12:46:23

ok good news, that could always change quickly after i submit a fifth referral. anyway continued on with my very appreciative and friendly emails and got those three referrals back

We have given you credit for those 3. Thanks for joining!

Kinda wierd getting a thanks for joining message after 10 emails back and forth. anyway im happy at this point but i have this bad feeling after i get another friend and it goes under review that somehow i will not be approved. Maybe its a ploy to just get another referral out of me, i sure hope not, i have regained faith in this company thanks to the customer service but will not be happy until i see that ipod on my doorstep. we shall see
good luck

xXx My Story xXx

06-12-2004 13:00:03

im not as worried about that as when im goiung stv......they said sometime this week!

macleod50

18-01-2005 14:39:43

Figured I'd bump this thread since I just received an e-mail telling me I've been disqualified after I sent an e-mail asking if I could still get the check instead of Paypal. I don't have two accounts, all the people I referred signed up from their own comps, anybody know what the problem could be?

[quotee7de5108bb]Hello,

We're sorry but your account has been disqualified. We have reviewed your account and your referrals are fraudulant. We allow one account per
household, and furthermore, signing up under multiple accounts from
different locations is a major violation of our terms and conditions. Your
account is closed.

Best Regards,
OfferCentric Member Services[/quotee7de5108bb]

generaltso89

18-01-2005 20:45:55

[quoteb49975122f="bols24"]ok good news, that could always change quickly after i submit a fifth referral. anyway continued on with my very appreciative and friendly emails and got those three referrals back

We have given you credit for those 3. Thanks for joining!

Kinda wierd getting a thanks for joining message after 10 emails back and forth. anyway im happy at this point but i have this bad feeling after i get another friend and it goes under review that somehow i will not be approved. Maybe its a ploy to just get another referral out of me, i sure hope not, i have regained faith in this company thanks to the customer service but will not be happy until i see that ipod on my doorstep. we shall see
good luck[/quoteb49975122f]

Definitely keep us up to date. If you get ur ipod, it would mean that theyre not a fraud, at least in your case.

hedwig_da_owl

20-01-2005 20:01:45

[quotedcb24fac49="xXx My Story xXx"]You guys are fools...Instead of complaining, why dont you spend your time time pleading your case to them? I was disqualified as well, but I cleared it up with a nice detailed letter(over the net) explaining why I am in the right and why I should be allowed to recieve a free gift.... Some tips to help u.....

1) DONT EMAIL them.....Youll never ever get a response. Instead go under faqs, customer service and question, and ask them there!!!MUch more efficient!
2) Dont be an asshole in pleading ur case.Too any idiots have done right but lose it in the end cuz they were angry.Remember, the representatives are people too and under no law do they have to give u a prize... And too many loopholes to bother suing them. ;) Im not saying be a brown noser, but use neutral words.

Anyways, talked to them about my case at night and got reply of verification later the next afternoon....PRAISE BE TO OFFERCENTRIC!!! If u want to wait and get put on hold, choose freeipods.com. Otherwise, for people who will listen and are quick, GO Offercentric.... Also, they offer 275 dollars instead of an mp3 player, Unlike those stingy folks at freeipods.com (250 dollars). if you are still on hold, you were either really cheating, or are just plain stupid. Gl to the rest of you!!!!![/quotedcb24fac49]

I prefer the 4free sites too.. I have stopped doing the freexx sites - for 0 customer support. not a single email replied. on the other hand the 4free guys reply within like a day and actually convinced me why one of the referrals was invalid - he was right. i confirmed and my friend had goofed up. PRAISE BE TO OFFERCENTRIC. keep up the good work guys.