Anyone been placed on hold yet?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=2476

Randyspawn

29-10-2004 13:30:29

I'd like to use my own brother as well as my girlfriend's brother as referrals but I don't want to get stuck with the hassle of an account on hold. Of course, our last names are the same on our respective sides of the family, so it's definitely gonna look suspicious. We all live at seperate addresses and we all have seperate credit cards, but this is only as of a few years ago. If they were to be as thorough as to run a credit check on any of us, then would eventually see that I had lived in the same house as my brother and such and I don't know if this would matter. Does anybody have any info on how far they take this kind of stuff?

Blurrz

29-10-2004 14:08:08

[quote1e14caad66="Randyspawn"]I'd like to use my own brother as well as my girlfriend's brother as referrals but I don't want to get stuck with the hassle of an account on hold. Of course, our last names are the same on our respective sides of the family, so it's definitely gonna look suspicious. We all live at seperate addresses and we all have seperate credit cards, but this is only as of a few years ago. If they were to be as thorough as to run a credit check on any of us, then would eventually see that I had lived in the same house as my brother and such and I don't know if this would matter. Does anybody have any info on how far they take this kind of stuff?[/quote1e14caad66]

They will not do a credit check - that would take days. Same last names are not a problem, as long as the shipping addresses and credit cards are different. Think about it this way there are thousands of people with "Smith" as the last name, so if John Smith signes up and refers Steve Smith, these sites can't assume that they are automatically family; that would be ridiculous. Instead, they will look at the shipping address, credit card #, and any phone #'s entered.

Randyspawn

29-10-2004 15:53:19

Alright, that's 2 more referrals for all of my links. I suppose getting place on hold for my an iRiver or pvp isn't that bad either, as long as I can eventually explain my way out of it, and as long as my iPod finally gets here.

zainali

29-10-2004 18:50:52

i think the way of checking is if ur referrals are active i.e. they are getting referrals too.

Randyspawn

29-10-2004 23:01:13

[quotefad5a5be22="zainali"]i think the way of checking is if ur referrals are active i.e. they are getting referrals too.[/quotefad5a5be22]

That's a good point.

hacktek

30-10-2004 00:48:13

[quote0dbe8b8ea6="zainali"]i think the way of checking is if ur referrals are active i.e. they are getting referrals too.[/quote0dbe8b8ea6]

That would be kind of unfair...for example 3 of my ipod referrals just did it to help me out(they have no interest in actually completing the program). Same with the 6 referrals i have right now for freeflatscreens. If Gratis did this, then i would have never gotten my ipod and it would have been completely unfair because i did everything the way it should be done. So that's why i really don't think they check for that, and if they do, they shouldn't.

mwg3c

02-11-2004 09:09:22

so is anyone on hold? if so, why are you on hold?

ackack

02-11-2004 10:26:01

i was yesterday because my friends go to the same school as i do, so we were behind the same ip address, but i emailed them and they said it was a mistake and approved me D

JuniorPhatFarm

02-11-2004 11:46:44

I am, and not sure why. I emailed them with information regarding all my refs, and where they signed up. So, hopefully that clears up anything that may have had a question on.

Ace

02-11-2004 11:58:23

i am on hold because someone signed up twice for me, i have to email them and explain because the person signed up under two different households and that is allowed by their terms of agreement, its one per household not person

JuniorPhatFarm

02-11-2004 12:04:11

[quotefa18d49735="Ace"]i am on hold because someone signed up twice for me, i have to email them and explain because the person signed up under two different households and that is allowed by their terms of agreement, its one per household not person[/quotefa18d49735]

Don't think that's legit man, "Multiple accounts"...

Ace

02-11-2004 12:07:44

oh yea

alexvega

02-11-2004 12:51:45

heres what they sent me
"Hello Alexander,

Our fraud detection system showed that three of your
referrals were accounts created from the same computer.
It seemed strange to us that you referred three accounts
that were all from the same person.

Best Regards
OfferCentric Member Services

now.... i refered several people here at the office, and i'm sure that their 'system' has detected the same network and not the same computer. So hopefuly this will get cleared up. Anyone know if there is a forum similar the the one that they have here for gratis sites?

alexvega

02-11-2004 12:52:33

ace, did you complete multiple offers? That is, if you had two accounts, did you complete offers on both?

Ace

02-11-2004 18:04:35

no