OfferCentric scammed me

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=15783

R3N3G4D3

02-06-2005 16:54:13

Guys, I don't know how your experience has been with OfferCentric, but I don't ever want to deal with them anymore after what they have done.

Everyone knows that unlike the smooth offer completion mechanism of Gratis, OfferCentric requires you to go to the site, then after buying the product go back to OfferCentric and say that you completed it.

Well, that's exactly what I did, and received confirmation email and 4 days later received the VideProfessor discs I ordered. OfferCentric, however, did not approve the offer on the next day like they claim to for VideoProfessor. I emailed VideoProfessor about it, and they sent me another confirmation mail, I forwarded it to OfferCentric who claimed to have forwarded it back to VideoProfessor for confirmation. I wait 10 more days like they ask, and email them again, but get no reply. Yesterday I decided to scan all the stuff I got from VideoProfessor including the slip proving the purchase and send the pictures to OfferCentric as proof. At the end of the email I asked them why should their customers bother wasting money on them if they conduct business in such a way. Judging by their reply that last line really pissed them off
----------------------------------------------------
Hello,

We're sorry but if you have not received credit, we have not received any
indication you completed this offer. IN no way did you "waste" anything.
You received a product or service in return for your payment. Saying that
you wasted money is an indication that you were not legitimately
interested in the offer.

Best Regards,
OfferCentric Member Services

What do they expect me to do? I gave the offer a try, sure I would have not tried it if I knew that I would get nothing in return. No one would have, and they know that. I ordered VideoProfessor for Access, a product I'm not too familiar with, and would have kept VideoProfessor had it really been useful. But I found out after trying it that the guy spends more time explaining what the red cross in top-right corner does than how to use the actual program, and for me it's much more convenient to learn through online tutorials where they go straight to the point. No where in the offer does it say I have to keep the product, just that I have to choose a product that I think I might keep and give it a try. I followed the rules, OfferCentric didn't. I'm never doing anything for OfferCentric again, and I suggest you don't either, but the choice is yours.

mr0x

02-06-2005 18:15:33

[quoteb4f6657f40="R3N3G4D3"]Guys, I don't know how your experience has been with OfferCentric, but I don't ever want to deal with them anymore after what they have done.

Everyone knows that unlike the smooth offer completion mechanism of Gratis, OfferCentric requires you to go to the site, then after buying the product go back to OfferCentric and say that you completed it.

Well, that's exactly what I did, and received confirmation email and 4 days later received the VideProfessor discs I ordered. OfferCentric, however, did not approve the offer on the next day like they claim to for VideoProfessor. I emailed VideoProfessor about it, and they sent me another confirmation mail, I forwarded it to OfferCentric who claimed to have forwarded it back to VideoProfessor for confirmation. I wait 10 more days like they ask, and email them again, but get no reply. Yesterday I decided to scan all the stuff I got from VideoProfessor including the slip proving the purchase and send the pictures to OfferCentric as proof. At the end of the email I asked them why should their customers bother wasting money on them if they conduct business in such a way. Judging by their reply that last line really pissed them off
Hello,

We're sorry but if you have not received credit, we have not received any
indication you completed this offer. IN no way did you "waste" anything.
You received a product or service in return for your payment. Saying that
you wasted money is an indication that you were not legitimately
interested in the offer.

Best Regards,

What do they expect me to do? I gave the offer a try, sure I would have not tried it if I knew that I would get nothing in return. No one would have, and they know that. I ordered VideoProfessor for Access, a product I'm not too familiar with, and would have kept VideoProfessor had it really been useful. But I found out after trying it that the guy spends more time explaining what the red cross in top-right corner does than how to use the actual program, and for me it's much more convenient to learn through online tutorials where they go straight to the point. No where in the offer does it say I have to keep the product, just that I have to choose a product that I think I might keep and give it a try. I followed the rules, OfferCentric didn't. I'm never doing anything for OfferCentric again, and I suggest you don't either, but the choice is yours.[/quoteb4f6657f40]

Offer not crediting on OC is the least of the problems on OC.

Right now, customer service at OC must be the worst job ever; getting all this hate mail. No wonder they always seem to sound cranky to me when they reply.

theclownoftightness

02-06-2005 19:00:47

Two of my referals never recieved credit for completing that offer as well. Really pissed me and them off but its to late now. They sent them back cause they didnt get credit. Looks like video profesor is no longer a good offer to do through offer centric. Do it through gratis and you get credit in about 10 minutes.

ajrock2000

03-06-2005 10:59:36

be nice to OC in your emails, it helps. i know its hard and you wanna tell them off....but keep it in and praise them a lil bit, it'll go a long way..

AJ

R3N3G4D3

03-06-2005 15:32:25

This is hilarious, just found out that OfferCentric is ran by a bunch of amateurs. I sent them an email saying that I will not do business with them anymore and told them the same thing I told you guys on this website. No swearing, no yelling, just mentioned that they scammed me and if they treat their customers like dirt, they shouldn't be running a business at all. Also, let me add that I always use my own computer with my own personal non-shared ip address and since I haven't referred anyone to them I know that no one could possibly be using my machine for a different account even if they wanted to, in addition I have a 12-character alphanumeric (and several characters from #@&)(%&)@ used) password on my computer that nobody knows, so even if anyone wanted to use my computer, it would take them 2 years to bruteforce the password even if they had the program for it. In other words, there is no chance in hell anyone is using my computer or IP address with OfferCentric. Nevertheless, their reply to my email was

-------------------------------------------------
Hello,

Unfortunately our terms and conditions specificaly state the following

Users may not join an OfferCentric web site using a shared computer or
shared internet access such as a computer at work, school, public location
or other location where others may share the same computer/IP address as
this will be considered having duplicate accounts. We suggest that you use
your own personal computer and internet service provider.

You have failed to abide by these terms and therefore your account has
been disqualified.

Best Regards,

----------------------------------------

It's clear what happened here. They got pissed off at my email, and thought they would piss me off by disqualifying my account. Their plan would hold if I actually cared, but in this case it's a pathetic and desperate move because I told them clearly in my email "I will never do business with OfferCentric again", so I told them that I have no value in that account. Oh well, I actually thought all these services were run by grown ups.

bigboy106

03-06-2005 19:19:44

FUCK OC!

mark2kay

03-06-2005 22:23:49

uhh

i dont even wann trade for oc anymore

Phbs83

05-06-2005 14:47:54

I feel bad for you R3N3G4D3.

Ok, even if we assume they got pissed from your "you scammed me" email, that doesn't explain why anyone would send you the first email. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that is the dumbest reason I've ever heard for not giving proper credit to a person who did an offer.