rediculous behavior by OC

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=15216

vdubgirl

26-05-2005 11:20:32

the first OC site i did was cameras4free.com. that was months ago, perhaps january.

i got all my referrals and was up for review when OC contacted me and said that my site was invalid because i had multiple accounts. i explained the situation that i had sent my referral link to my coworkers....i did not know at the time that 2 different email addresses using the same IP address would be against the rules.

i know this now.

after explaining this to OC, they validated my account and i received my camera and flash card.

a few weeks ago, my email address went red on someone's OC site and it said "multiple accounts". since learning my lesson with cameras4free.com, i've been careful to trade referrals only on here, not share them with people i know or at least people who could possibly use the same IP address.

this second time, i emailed OC, and they validated my red to green the same day.

now, it's happened a third time on yet a 3rd OC site. i went red on someone's account. again, i have NOT signed up multiple times on one OC site. i know the rules, i just want my free shit and i'm outta here.

i've been emailing back and forth with OC, trying to get them to hear my case. the last email i received claimed that i had "3 multiple accounts on cameras4free.com therefore they could not validate my mp3players4free.com account"

wtf?????

my cameras4free.com account is done and stagnant. i no longer access the page, i no longer request referrals. i RECEIVED my camera AND flash card. finito.

why are they calling up a past account and invalidating a current account based on the past account's invalidation-gone-valid?????

i keep answering the emails i'm getting, explaining the situation over and over and over again.

i dont know if anyone would have any advice.....i'm venting, warning, explaining, and crying for help all at the same time.

hunterr83

26-05-2005 11:24:40

Because the more they pay out, the less profit they make. Also, to give them the benefit of the doubt, I'm guessing 3 different people reviewed your account in each one of those situations, hence, there was apparently a lack of communication throughout their organization.

vdubgirl

26-05-2005 11:31:36

[quotea594e3b791="hunterr83"]I'm guessing 3 different people reviewed your account in each one of those situations, hence, there was apparently a lack of communication throughout their organization.[/quotea594e3b791]
yeah i guessed that, but each time an email comes to me, it's the same "from" address.....it must go into a general bank and someone just chooses it out of a hat to answer.

another question.
the person that i went red for, if he gets another green to make up for mine, will they validate his account and let him get the gift?
or will they say screw you?

vdubgirl

27-05-2005 05:25:33

I keep getting emails that say "you created multiple accounts on cameras4free.com"

and i answer with "the account in question is mp3players4free.com, not cameras4free.com i already received my camera and flash card. i explained the situation with my coworkers. please rectify the situation."

i will keep bugging them with the same story until they give me an un-retarded answer.

this is rediculous.

good2speed

27-05-2005 10:53:57

ridiculous

Lunarpancake

30-05-2005 10:44:03

SILLY!

XBOX360

30-05-2005 11:01:20

Are you sure they aren't automated messages? If not, OfferCentric's support system truely sucks! Recently, Gratis's support system has been good for me. They've been more helpful and more quicker in resplying to messages than usual. )

vdubgirl

30-05-2005 18:36:50

they weren't automated.....they were different each time they came to me. and they were specific.

new news!!!!!!!
i just got an email that says "your account has been validated"

flick yeah!!!!!
now my three greens haven't gone to waste and my trader hasn't been screwed too!!!!!!

OC was wro-ong!!!!!!

vdubgirl

02-06-2005 05:29:51

my fellow trader has come back to me today and said that his account was under review in order to process his mp3players4free order.

and my email turned red again.

wtf is up with these flicking people?

What do you guys think I should do? I have 3 greens on mp3players4free.com and i need 4 more. i say forget it and will quit working on the site because this same "problem" seems to be happening constantly. I already did freeipods.com for my fiancee and i want another damn ipod for myself!!! maybe i'll try phreeipods.com since i already signed up for it.

DAMNIT!!!!!!

mr0x

02-06-2005 06:12:39

[quotec73bebdbe1="vdubgirl"]my fellow trader has come back to me today and said that his account was under review in order to process his mp3players4free order.

and my email turned red again.

wtf is up with these flicking people?

What do you guys think I should do? I have 3 greens on mp3players4free.com and i need 4 more. i say forget it and will quit working on the site because this same "problem" seems to be happening constantly. I already did freeipods.com for my fiancee and i want another damn ipod for myself!!! maybe i'll try phreeipods.com since i already signed up for it.

DAMNIT!!!!!![/quotec73bebdbe1]

Good idea. Even if you turn green back again, there is no way it's going to be easy to get the last few referrals because of the new policy.

pistonz

05-06-2005 16:52:42

i am 1 referral away from getting my gifts, on TWO sites. this is really gay. after i get these items (if i ever do) i'm never doing OC again. Gratis pwns.

vdubgirl

06-06-2005 13:01:51

apparently my green-turned-red-turned-green went red again.
now i have to conjure up all the emails i saved and email them again, bitching my little heart out.

this is so flickin rediculous.

hehehhehe

06-06-2005 13:07:27

[quote0b4d9b70b8="good2speed"]ridiculous[/quote0b4d9b70b8]
Ditto.

These guys seem to be so blatantly scamming now. Are they listed on the ripoff-report yet?

vdubgirl

10-06-2005 08:06:39

Well, I sent them a VERY long email detailing everything they've done regarding connecting cameras4free.com and mp3players4free.com. I included their emails and mine.

This is the response I got.
"Hello,

Unfortunately a violation from one site carries over to the network when
it is this severe. Your accounts are invalid.

Best Regards,
OfferCentric Member Services"

I replied with "It was not a violation since my cameras4free.com account was validated."

I am going to bitch as much as I can.
This is rediculous.

vdubgirl

14-06-2005 07:10:14

I don't sense OC has a breaking point, as their emails are all saying the same thing now.
i guess i can quit bitching to them.

"Hello,

Yes and your account was overlooked. You should not have received
anything. Your accounts will remain on hold throughout this network.

Best Regards,
OfferCentric Member Services"

chillywilly

22-06-2005 13:43:33

Sorry to hear what happend, vdub.

So did they send the camera/PayPal from the account before they DQd your accounts?

vdubgirl

23-06-2005 06:00:24

[quote966a72a3f3="chillywilly"]
So did they send the camera/PayPal from the account before they DQd your accounts?[/quote966a72a3f3]

they DQ'd my camera account, i bitched, they validated it.
then i received my camera and flash card. that was probably 4 months before i started working on the mp3players4free account, which is the one they DQ'd because of my "invalid" camera account.

in the end they said "because of fraud this large, we will DQ your accounts across the board, no matter what site they are. you should not have received the camera, your account was overlooked." "fraud" is an overstatement....it's called SHARING YOUR REF LINK WITH COWORKERS.

well fck you, OC. i got $500 worth of shit from you and it's your loss.

The_Huffster

27-06-2005 07:59:21

Give me your mp3player account and lets see if I can vaildate it ;) And if I can I'll have it shipped to my house and I can drop it off at your house or give it to you at the next GTG.

vdubgirl

28-06-2005 05:35:33

lol nice try, but after all the nastygrams i received from OC about how "terrible" i am.....i dont think you'd have any luck.

i'm waiting on my 5th green on phreeipods.com and hoping they send the ipod. D

jmile86

29-06-2005 21:46:00

check this out..

Alright this is going to be a long post but I want to warn everyone about this network I realize many people in the past have had awesome luck with them. I want to believe they are a good network but my experience with there sites and there support staff has been horrible.

Alright to start off I (being a newbie at the time ) signed up on mp3playersfree and I think Notebooks4free it has been so long ago I cant really remember. Well I got Dqed because when I moved I thought that I had to sign up again. Yes I was stupid and didn’t read the TOS. Anyway I get DQed and I find out why. I understand that I have violated the TOS and am disappointed but I understand the consequences of my actions. So over on macminis4free I have completed a offer and have a couple of referrals. After being DQed I read the TOS and find that I will be DQed on all of their sites. I send the support team a email asking if it would be fine to pursue macminis4free. They email me back and I quote.
---------------------
Hello,

This account is in violation of our terms. You may signup for another site
but this account has been disqualified.

Best Regards,
OfferCentric Member Services
------------------------------

So of course I am like cool - I have violated the terms but they understand that I am stupid and are a cool company and have modified them for me. They are showing me some grace. Sweet.

Well time passes and I am finally in the verification stages. Well I get a email saying that I am Dqed for multiple accounts. I then begin a series of emails with them describing what happened and how they said that it was ok for me to pursue macminis4free. Turns out that they accused my mothers account of being the multiple account. Well I have my mother do another offer to prove to them that she is a unique user. They reinstate my account but they DQ my moms account as a referral for me.

At this point I am pissed but at least we have made an agreement. So I have another person do another referral and they go green. Again I am back in the verification stages. My account is approved and I place an order. Well my mother gets a suspicious email from The OC and she forwards it to me. Basically it says that she should pursue finishing the site when we both know that they already have DQed on my account and will DQ her when she gets to the verification stages.

I, thinking that I am ok with the OC now that they approve me and I have placed a order, send an email to their support team simply asking what the email to my mother was about. I clearly stated that she forwarded it to me. Then the sh - it hits the fan again!!!

I get a quick response saying that my account has been DQed again for multiple accounts with my mother’s account being the one that they consider a multiple. So I am totally shocked because that is what they said before I proved that she was a unique user - also they didn’t allow her referral to count on my account. So how in the world can they say its a multiple account.

I have tried to contact them but their support staff is really rude and doesn’t really care what you say they simply reply with automated responses.

I have contacted the BBB and called the Secretary of States office in California. I hope that I can resolve this because I am totally legit - from the beginning though they have lied to me and made it as hard as possible to receive a minimac. I have documents all emails I have with them and have the date and times of when everything happened.

OC if you read this - please consider all the facts. I have proved to you that I am legit and that my mother is also. I have done offers on multiple OC sites. Seems to me like you are in it for the money and not for giving people gifts.

This is just a fair warning - I encourage everyone to consider this situation before they think about pursuing an offercentric site. Stay with gratis everyone.

I will keep this updated as the contact continues with the OC

chillywilly

04-07-2005 09:18:39

[quote3c4862b2f1="vdubgirl"][quote3c4862b2f1="chillywilly"]
So did they send the camera/PayPal from the account before they DQd your accounts?[/quote3c4862b2f1]

they DQ'd my camera account, i bitched, they validated it.
then i received my camera and flash card. that was probably 4 months before i started working on the mp3players4free account, which is the one they DQ'd because of my "invalid" camera account.[/quote3c4862b2f1]
Cool that you got your camera... but not cool that they went back 4 months and decided that you "shouldn't have" got your camera.

My daughter is having a hell of a time getting credit for an offer. A ref that I owe a very patient member on this board is becoming a nightmare. Still no credit and I've done 3 offers.

I'm beginning to wonder about OC and how they are really screwing themselves and their other offer partners they advertise on their site. I mean, if someone new is signing up and it happens to be one of the last referrals for someone else, there's not a great chance they'll want to spend $45-80 on an offer. This takes away from offer partners like Blockbuster, which most people will keep (my daughter did) because it offers a good service.... vs. paying up front $75 for a year's worth of US Weekly or People.

I've got only 2 more to get for mp3players4free, and I know in trades, I'm going to have to offer something to make it worth it. And if my daughter's birthday weren't coming up in late Sept (which the iPod is for her), I would just walk away from OC. But it's hard to do that with only a couple greens left

I take it Gratis is not doing this same thing.

vdubgirl

05-07-2005 06:04:10

i had 3-5 greens on mp3players and ditched the whole effort because of the things i've gone through with OC and just the plain BS they were shooting out their asses at me.

Gratis is AWESOME.......definately do Gratis. and remember that even though you got an iPod from Gratis, you can also get the photo iPod, which holds a lot more songs and has a color screen......

Collateral

05-07-2005 09:29:54

[quotee909f4444b="vdubgirl"]i had 3-5 greens on mp3players and ditched the whole effort because of the things i've gone through with OC and just the plain BS they were shooting out their asses at me.

Gratis is AWESOME.......definately do Gratis. and remember that even though you got an iPod from Gratis, you can also get the photo iPod, which holds a lot more songs and has a color screen......[/quotee909f4444b]

the 20 gigs have color screens too!! WOO

chillywilly

05-07-2005 15:41:52

Thanks, Vdub...

Novuxan

15-08-2005 09:14:10

I have experienced similar problems with psps4free, and their responses to my emails have been dodgy at best, not to mention the fact they told me after I completed an offer that the offer was no longer valid and I will recieve no credit for it. At any rate, stay the heck away from these guys- they are either idiotic at running a business, or just plain malicious.

Tholek

16-08-2005 03:33:40

This thread is an argument for Gratis to do a laptop site.