Account Disqualified --- WTF?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=13410

no0ne2k

04-05-2005 06:45:59

Logged into find this today

[quoteaf8c3bc462]We're sorry but your account was found to be in violation of one or more of our terms & conditions.

If you believe you have been disqualified in error, please enter your questions in the form below and a member services representative will contact you shortly.[/quoteaf8c3bc462]

Since my account is 100% legit, I submitted for a response. I did have a few FIPG trades as refs, so I can't vouch for them, but why would they disqualify my account rather than just DQing the refs?

This is my first OC completion and it's not turning out to be a very positive experience. I have done several Gratis programs without a single DQ or issue.

How long does it usually take to get a response & resolution on this?

Thanks!

Phbs83

04-05-2005 07:24:42

Same here yesterday - disquallified my mp3players4free account (which had 6 referrals done), for a "we allow only 1 account per household" and an explanation that i have an @aol account with them, which is completely false. Tried to explain this, but no reply yet.

Not a single problem with Gratis so far....

chrisluu

04-05-2005 08:31:24

My Notebooks4Free account was disqualified today after a week of "Reviewing Account." Again, I was completely legit and did nothing to violate the TOS. They haven't responded to my query about the disqualification yet.

Phbs83

04-05-2005 08:49:00

My account was reinstated... it is in review again(

no0ne2k

04-05-2005 10:01:15

I am sending corespondence and trying my best to be nice about it. I do understand their policies and concerns, but my account is 100% legit... so I don't care for their "Account closed, no details provided" policy. I just hope they at least give me more information so I can address. My main "junk email" is a Yahoo address, but there's nothing in the TOS that says I can't use a Yahoo address when I sign up.

Here is the conversation so far
[quoteb30df340bd="OC Customer Support"]Hello,

We're sorry but we allow one account per household. Our system
indicates
that you have signed up under multiple accounts. Due to increasing
amounts
of fraudulant accounts and violation of our terms and conditions, we
cannot make any exceptions to this policy. This account is closed.

Best Regards,
OfferCentric Member Services[/quoteb30df340bd]

My response
[quoteb30df340bd="no0ne2k"]I understand your policy and your concerns. However, I do not understand how it was determined that I have signed up for more than one account. I am the only person in my (single-family) household who completes the free offer programs. All of my current referrals were generated from friends and family members -- and through my Free Program informational web site [Link removed].

I can assure you that my account was created and utilized within the guidelines of your terms of service. If you believe that this is not the case, I would appreciate any information which indicates such so that I can address it appropriately.

I can assure you that I have not signed up for multiple accounts and would appreciate the opportunity to resolve this matter accordingly.

Thank you for your cooperation![/quoteb30df340bd]

Hopefully I can get mine reinstated too. Phbs83, can you post the details around what they told you and what response cleared things up?

Thanks!

Phbs83

04-05-2005 10:23:08

[quote13dc0f089c]Hello,

We're sorry but we allow one account per household. Our system
indicates
that you have signed up under multiple accounts. Due to increasing
amounts
of fraudulant accounts and violation of our terms and conditions, we
cannot make any exceptions to this policy. This account is closed.

Best Regards,
OfferCentric Member Services

[/quote13dc0f089c]

I then kindly asked them what's wrong with my household, and I got this

[quote13dc0f089c] Hello,

Your account was disqualified because our records indicate you have an
additional account under email==XXXXXXXXX@aol.comXXXXXXXXX@aol.com=XXXXXXXXX@aol.comXXXXXXXXX@aol.com/email. We do allow only one
account per household.

Best Regards,
[/quote13dc0f089c]

I don't have my reply - forgot to save it, but it was something like an explanation that I have never been an AOL user which they claimed to be me, and I provided them with my PayPal verified link, together with my info - emails I use and name. I also told them there is no way I can assure that noone else in my college joins the site (can't monitor 5000 people, can I?) The answer I got was

[quote13dc0f089c]
Hello,

Your account has been reinstated.
Please allow 3 business days. Your account is in line for review.

Best Regards,
[/quote13dc0f089c]

I hope it really clears, as $275 is not a small amount of $$$ roll

no0ne2k

04-05-2005 10:48:56

This is crap! They are not budging on mine. They claim that my sister (who is in a completely different state), signed up from my computer.

They are taking no steps to clarify how they came to this invalid conclusion, nor are they doing anything to remove my account from hold.

This is really frustrating as I have followed everything "by the books." And I provided 5 legitimate referrals in addition to the 2 offers that I completed myself --- since the first took 60 days to credit.

For my first experience with OC programs, I have to say that they completely BLOW compared to Gratis.

Phbs83

04-05-2005 11:21:30

That is almost same as my situation. I got credit for doing a ds4free offer...5 months after doing the offer, and after a lot of emails I sent them. And it went through the first time...Next day they approved my psps4free, and disquallified mp3players4free, and now i'm in review again...

No problems (except freehandbags) with Gratis so far(

no0ne2k

04-05-2005 11:32:42

I'm wondering if the DQ on my MP3Players4Free account will affect my approval on any of the other programs. I have not completed any others yet, but will not take any action to do so if it's a waste of my time.

Good luck on your 2nd attempt at review!

Phbs83

04-05-2005 11:42:13

Thanks
The strange thing is they approved my psps4free [b3ec2c36ea0]and 30 min. later[/b3ec2c36ea0] disquallified my mp3players4free.

I hope they fix that, and clear the 2nd round...

I'm not doing anything else on OC if they really do disquallify this again

no0ne2k

04-05-2005 18:05:24

I'm tempted to give up on OC too. But, this was the first OC completion that I had and a few others are pretty close. I'm gonna try one more round and if that falls through... I'm done with their non-sense.

Contrary to popular vote, I have actually had all positive experiences with Gratis. Today's event with OC was a shock.

emoemodude

04-05-2005 21:12:34

This is freakin gay... One of my referrals were DQ'd for having "signed up fron invalid location". WTF?!? I wrote them and they said they signed up from a shared computer. I think they are becoming worse and worse...

They didn't DQ my referral when I went into reviewing for the Mac Mini, but while in reviewing for the extra gift he got DQ'd. Doesn't make sense...

no0ne2k

04-05-2005 23:42:58

Yeah, and the thing that sucks the most of that they have last say about it regardless of what the "facts" are. I can undeniably prove that my referral was legitimate and signed up for her offer on her own --- she will attest to it.

But what good does that do? None! TOS are written so that they are the judge, jury, and executioner.

Guess we have to live with it and move on...

chrisluu

05-05-2005 08:09:06

My account was reinstated today, but 4 of my referrals were found to be invalid. Guess I get to find 4 more referrals.

MicroChris

05-05-2005 08:18:03

Seems like OC needs to make a certain DQ quota a month. That sucks guys.. Makes me think twice about going for DS4Free

mrwzk

05-05-2005 12:36:58

maybe they are dq'ing now so make up for all the people they didnt dq earlier who were borderline. my guess is their niceness has cost them some money. so now they are trying to make it back. gratis puts a lot of people on hold all the time so when someone says gratis put me on hold. it isnt anything new.

Phbs83

05-05-2005 13:00:33

Making up for earlier DQs?!? Why should I be punished for some stupid guy that broke the rules with his account and got away with it? I referred them 6 people, I don't have any other accounts for that site, and I'm sure I'm 100% legit!

no0ne2k

05-05-2005 14:47:31

It's only a matter of time for all of these companies. Without constantly refreshing their sponsors, there is NO way that the freebie companies can survive on "new" memberships forever. They will be forced to DQ more people as time goes on and interest will drop as a result.

My prediction... in the good ole' "law suit capital of the world" (U.S.), someone will file a class-action lawsuit one day and win. Gratis, OC, and everyone will be forced to close their doors because of DQ'ing people.

No, not me... I don't have the time OR the money to waste on that effort. But do remember --- this is the same place where a dumbass lady got $4 million because she didn't know her HOT COFFEE would be HOT. twisted

Phbs83

05-05-2005 14:55:44

I hope you're not right lol )
But it will be a bit tricky to win a lawsuit against them, as most of their T&C says - they are not obliged to send you anything, and that pretty much has them covered in most of the cases

no0ne2k

05-05-2005 18:59:17

Their T&C's are written so that the average joe thinks there is no leverage in sueing them, but....

You can't tell me that lawyers looking at a multi-million dollar payout can't put a spin on it. I've definitely seen worse.

Just look at the bright side. All of us who have experienced fraudulent DQs from them will get a nice, fat 25 cent check in the mail. roll

Phbs83

05-05-2005 19:43:33

Multi-million dollar payout lawsuit?) Come on, for $275?)

no0ne2k

05-05-2005 21:46:56

Millions of dollars for a $1.50 cup of coffee?!?!?
http//www.centerjd.org/free/mythbusters-free/MB_mcdonalds.htm

The key here is punitive damages. The sky is the limit!!!

It can be done.... Don't under-estimate manipulation of the U.S. legal system.

lol

Phbs83

06-05-2005 05:42:33

Lol,
I know that case ) But the U.S. legal system is kind of ... strange )

iusa

06-05-2005 10:52:08

i laugh at the idiots who are thinking about bring lawsuits against these companies, you dont think theyve had their T&C's reviewed by a lawyer before they open their doors?

even if someone did file suit against them, how much equity do you think they'd have left after a legal battle? they'd file bankruptcy before anyone would ever see a penny in settlement money from them, and once the company goes bankrupt, theres no money for debtors (their "customers"), and the owners i'm sure have created LLC's so that they would never have to pay a penny out of their own pockets if the company goes under, they just get to walk away

moral of the story no one will win a settlement against them and ever see any money

mrwzk

06-05-2005 12:49:56

the terms of service is reveiwed before they use it or others just copy oc or gratis;s terms. that one term will not hold up in court. you cant open a bussiness saying complete an offer and refer freinds who complete an offer. and than receive the prize and than say in terms we dont have to give it to you. thats like you going to buy something online and them not giving you the item. after you pay for it. you did what they said needed to be done to get product and now they wont give it to you. the legal fees alone wouldnt make it cost effective to do this. but it could be done. the person who did this would be hated by everyone because oc would probabaly shut down than noone would get their gifts

iusa

06-05-2005 13:45:46

[quote7cccb9557f="mrwzk"]the terms of service is reveiwed before they use it or others just copy oc or gratis;s terms. that one term will not hold up in court. you cant open a bussiness saying complete an offer and refer freinds who complete an offer. and than receive the prize and than say in terms we dont have to give it to you. thats like you going to buy something online and them not giving you the item. after you pay for it. you did what they said needed to be done to get product and now they wont give it to you. the legal fees alone wouldnt make it cost effective to do this. but it could be done. the person who did this would be hated by everyone because oc would probabaly shut down than noone would get their gifts[/quote7cccb9557f]

wrong.

all they have to do is show how thousands of people DID get their gifts, and show a reason why a particular person was put on hold or disqualified, and the case is over. its that simple.

you cant compare these freebie sites to online businesses where you pay for a product or service, because you arent paying for any product or services.