PSP4Free Question

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=11608

Diggety

14-04-2005 05:27:22

Hi Everyone,

I am one green away from being done with PSPs4free. I am torn between getting the $250 cash or the PSP. If I get the $250 cash I am going to use it to get a PSP, but I have been hearing that they are sold out everywhere. Would I be better off ordering it from OC? Are these things really that tough to get at retail stores? Anyones opinions or experiances would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Diggety

Phbs83

14-04-2005 06:21:08

Hm, from personal experience go for the PayPal, and buy it in store. There are some retail shops, which still have PSPs in stock. I got mine the first day it was offered, without any pre-orders, just went in FYE, and bought one. AND they had several left, because when I got there the next day to exchange it (left trigger (L-button) didn't work) they gave me a new one. I've also read several treads that there are plenty in WalMart left, so frankly - you'll have to walk around a bit, but you'll get one in store. Just don't go to the fancy, big-name shops - your best bet is a smaller game shop, or retail store.

Diggety

14-04-2005 06:28:53

Thanks Phbs83, I was thinking along the same lines. I know that the wait for the $250 Paypal will be far shorter than getting the actual PSP, but I have been reading horor stories about people who have been trying to get their hands on one of these things with little or no sucess. The price for these on Ebay is a bit insane as well. I have an FYE near me and I will check to see what they have in stock. Ill also check Target and Walmart, and any smalled videogame spots around the area. Anyone else have an opinion or experiance?

chillywilly

14-04-2005 06:53:46

They are not sold out everywhere. I just took mine to Wal-Mart yesterday to exchange it for the one with the Spiderman 2 movie (the one I got from OC didn't have it in the box - something about it being from the second shipment)

Lots of stores still have stock... Target I know has a few, Circuit City was sold out at 3 of their stores here in Salt Lake. Best Buy still had some as well, but I would rather give my business to Target and Circuit City before Best Buy. Their return policies and other things about their stores are not consumer friendly.

Arthur Khachikyan

14-04-2005 08:32:28

ChillyWilly eventhough you got your psp does it show you still STV?

chillywilly

14-04-2005 08:51:45

Still shows STV on my account.

Phbs83

14-04-2005 10:12:31

[quotec02bdbeecb="Diggety"]Thanks Phbs83, I was thinking along the same lines. I know that the wait for the $250 Paypal will be far shorter than getting the actual PSP, but I have been reading horor stories about people who have been trying to get their hands on one of these things with little or no sucess. The price for these on Ebay is a bit insane as well. I have an FYE near me and I will check to see what they have in stock. Ill also check Target and Walmart, and any smalled videogame spots around the area. Anyone else have an opinion or experiance?[/quotec02bdbeecb]

Side note Be careful with FYE) Their return policy sux! Plus they might make you buy a game with it, but that depends on the sales person you get - they should sell them with a game, but it's not always the case)

I don't mind the high eBay prices right now;) Sold my PSP for $400 with 3 games - and it was open box, not the regular NIB sales;)
I'm selling my freepsps' PSP, getting as much PayPal from OC as possible and saving for a nice good notebook pc;)

pSeuDo

14-04-2005 13:43:07

psps on ebay arent that bad as prices go... 240ish+30 shipping is the norm

Diggety

15-04-2005 08:10:38

Well, I gave in, My last ref has not gone green yet, but I went to Target yesterday and got a PSP, Didnt come with the Spiderman 2 UMD, but oh well. This thing is absolutely incredible. Graphics and sound are the best I have seen for portable gaming. I am going to play around with it some more this weekend.

chillywilly

15-04-2005 10:09:19

Did you get any games?

I'm waiting for the ATV game, but will most likely get Wipeout Pure this next week.

no0ne2k

15-04-2005 10:59:33

Chilly, definitely get Wipeout! Even if you're not a typical race fan (like me), this game is well worth the price.

Plus there is always a decent turn out on XLink Kai if you're interested in online races --- VERY cool!!!!

8)

chillywilly

15-04-2005 11:13:17

Thanks for the good word on Wipeout.

I really liked the Playstion and PS2 versions of the game. And playing online could be a hoot.

Phbs83

15-04-2005 12:01:17

Wipeout is fun! ) Plus it comes with a secret browser lol)

And you're missing on the movie) It is amazing - video quality is DVD-like! Plus the screen is very nice, so it's well worth watching