Missing Credit response

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=11025

wood

07-04-2005 08:19:25

Bah...Here's the response I got from a service request on my cameras4free account.

[quote4fd0531426]Hello,

Your confirmation email will be sent to our advertiser for review. If you
do not receive credit within 10 business days after submitting your
confirmation email, this is an indication that the advertiser did not
approve the transaction and you will not receive credit. Please understand
that we only receive commission when your transaction is approved.

Best Regards,
OfferCentric Member Services[/quote4fd0531426]

Stupid miracle burn. ?

mr0x

07-04-2005 08:33:38

[quote60514e2903="wood"]Bah...Here's the response I got from a service request on my cameras4free account.

[quote60514e2903]Hello,

Your confirmation email will be sent to our advertiser for review. If you
do not receive credit within 10 business days after submitting your
confirmation email, this is an indication that the advertiser did not
approve the transaction and you will not receive credit. Please understand
that we only receive commission when your transaction is approved.

Best Regards,
OfferCentric Member Services[/quote60514e2903]

Stupid miracle burn. ?[/quote60514e2903]

Hmm, maybe I should not even bother to submit MiracleBurn missing credit to Gratis.

I feel advertisers will start doing this a lot more. Just ignoring sending out confirmations by inventing their own rules of why they didn't send it out. It's like mail in rebates.

chillywilly

07-04-2005 08:55:06

[quotebe6ef67081="mr0x"]I feel advertisers will start doing this a lot more. Just ignoring sending out confirmations by inventing their own rules of why they didn't send it out. It's like mail in rebates.[/quotebe6ef67081]
If they do start following the examples of how ppl have been treated with their rebates, then they may end up like CompUSA did with the FTC;

http//www.ftc.gov/opa/2005/03/compusa.htm

mr0x

07-04-2005 11:37:58

[quote03e0f12465="chillywilly"][quote03e0f12465="mr0x"]I feel advertisers will start doing this a lot more. Just ignoring sending out confirmations by inventing their own rules of why they didn't send it out. It's like mail in rebates.[/quote03e0f12465]
If they do start following the examples of how ppl have been treated with their rebates, then they may end up like CompUSA did with the FTC;

http//www.ftc.gov/opa/2005/03/compusa.htm[/quote03e0f12465]

Wait! CompUSA didn't pay rebates. They got sued and were the first ones ever to get sued and in the end had to pay rebates. Nothing else.

What incentive is there to pay rebates then? You might get sued and have to pay rebates but there's no fines or anything.

So, if advertiser stopped sending confirmation e-mails then they get sued, they would have to send out all the confirmation e-mails. So someone might just say, what the heck maybe we can get away with it. Even if we are caught, all we have to do is send the confirmation e-mails. And, how likely is it that they are going to get sued?

chillywilly

07-04-2005 15:07:47

[quote42a69b4fa6="mr0x"]Wait! CompUSA didn't pay rebates. They got sued and were the first ones ever to get sued and in the end had to pay rebates. Nothing else.

What incentive is there to pay rebates then? You might get sued and have to pay rebates but there's no fines or anything.

So, if advertiser stopped sending confirmation e-mails then they get sued, they would have to send out all the confirmation e-mails. So someone might just say, what the heck maybe we can get away with it. Even if we are caught, all we have to do is send the confirmation e-mails. And, how likely is it that they are going to get sued?[/quote42a69b4fa6]
I don't advocate sueing at the drop of a hat or if something doesn't go the way you thought, but I can see the trend. That's why I posted the link in my post. If ppl were pissed they didn't get their rebates, they'll be pissed they don't get conf. emails.

Companies like CompUSA hate to pay out rebates because that's a major source of income for them... a friend worked there and the rebate incentive brings ppl in, but less than 20% of the ppl ever get their rebates... and I'm sure a good deal of the ppl that buy products get lazy and don't send for the rebate in time.

Same with advertisers and giving ppl a chance to discontinue an offer. They don't have an incentive to let ppl know if they've signed up for something or not. The more ppl they can get to forget to cancel - however - is more money for them.

pSeuDo

07-04-2005 15:50:56

i got the same email

oh5srt4

07-04-2005 19:33:38

Yeah I never got credit for miracleburn either...when I get referrals I always tell them to try and stay away from urban nutrition if possible...they've been pretty on and off with credit lately...

abrock124

07-04-2005 20:34:29

i did miracle burn on 3/7/05 and never got credit. I got the same canned response from OC too. Its not the only offer OC never credited me on either. It just doesnt seem right. Now im stuck with all this stupid stuff that i paid for but will never use and I have no credit to show for it...

dcrainmaker

08-04-2005 07:35:10

as far as I'm concerned, OC is becoming quite sketchy when it comes to giving credit in general. they claim that they can't give credit when the advertiser doesn't pay them--well, if that's happening as often as they suggest, they should find some new advertisers.

oh5srt4

08-04-2005 14:28:22

[quote88b091e314="dcrainmaker"]as far as I'm concerned, OC is becoming quite sketchy when it comes to giving credit in general. they claim that they can't give credit when the advertiser doesn't pay them--well, if that's happening as often as they suggest, they should find some new advertisers.[/quote88b091e314]

agreed...ive been getting alot of people not getting credit as of late, its driving me crazy. an offer i did 3 weeks ago(ultraslim patch) and got credit next day...guy did it for my psps4free 4-5 days ago, NOTHIN

mr0x

08-04-2005 14:38:55

[quote1cf787bb4f="chillywilly"][quote1cf787bb4f="mr0x"]Wait! CompUSA didn't pay rebates. They got sued and were the first ones ever to get sued and in the end had to pay rebates. Nothing else.

So, if advertiser stopped sending confirmation e-mails then they get sued, they would have to send out all the confirmation e-mails. So someone might just say, what the heck maybe we can get away with it. Even if we are caught, all we have to do is send the confirmation e-mails. And, how likely is it that they are going to get sued?[/quote1cf787bb4f]
I don't advocate suing at the drop of a hat or if something doesn't go the way you thought, but I can see the trend. That's why I posted the link in my post. If ppl were pissed they didn't get their rebates, they'll be pissed they don't get conf. emails.

Companies like CompUSA hate to pay out rebates because that's a major source of income for them... a friend worked there and the rebate incentive brings ppl in, but less than 20% of the ppl ever get their rebates... and I'm sure a good deal of the ppl that buy products get lazy and don't send for the rebate in time.

Same with advertisers and giving ppl a chance to discontinue an offer. They don't have an incentive to let ppl know if they've signed up for something or not. The more ppl they can get to forget to cancel - however - is more money for them.[/quote1cf787bb4f]

My point was that CompUSA should have been fined a few millions as a warning that stores who don't send out rebates will be dealt with severely..

Instead some guy sued them, spent thousands on lawyers and time and then in the end all that happened was CompUSA has to send the rebates. What incentive does CompUSA has to now send out rebates? The worst that could happen is that would have to send it out.

mr0x

08-04-2005 14:43:02

[quote14e8a3ee29="oh5srt4"][quote14e8a3ee29="dcrainmaker"]as far as I'm concerned, OC is becoming quite sketchy when it comes to giving credit in general. they claim that they can't give credit when the advertiser doesn't pay them--well, if that's happening as often as they suggest, they should find some new advertisers.[/quote14e8a3ee29]

agreed...ive been getting alot of people not getting credit as of late, its driving me crazy. an offer i did 3 weeks ago(ultraslim patch) and got credit next day...guy did it for my psps4free 4-5 days ago, NOTHIN[/quote14e8a3ee29]

All the offers I have done in Offercentric, I've gotten credit for. I did Petchews on Offercentric that's from Urban Nutrition and I got credit for it. The only one I didn't get credit for was BMG but that turned out to be my fault as I had screwed up and BMG didn't approve my account.

But, on Gratis, both Urban Nutrition MiracleBurn and HappyPill have failed to give me credit.

I just think Urban Nutrtion should be avoided - though they have some nice stuff.

dcrainmaker

08-04-2005 15:04:47

I guess it just varies person to person. My experiences with Gratis with regard to crediting have been nothing but positive. Conversely, on OC I've had at least 4-5 offers that haven't credited, and I've done enough of these sites to know that I followed everything properly (e.g. cookies, etc.). I mean, how do you sign up for blockbuster online, send OC the confirmation email, keep the service well past the first month, and still not get credit?

Maybe I've just had crappy luck for some reason, or maybe OC has just gotten more difficult lately (all this has been fairly recent).

chillywilly

08-04-2005 15:08:46

[quote114114f404="mr0x"]My point was that CompUSA should have been fined a few millions as a warning that stores who don't send out rebates will be dealt with severely..

Instead some guy sued them, spent thousands on lawyers and time and then in the end all that happened was CompUSA has to send the rebates. What incentive does CompUSA has to now send out rebates? The worst that could happen is that would have to send it out.[/quote114114f404]
I agree with your point. Thanks for the clarification.

wood

08-04-2005 15:51:16

[quote78c4065206="dcrainmaker"]I guess it just varies person to person. My experiences with Gratis with regard to crediting have been nothing but positive. Conversely, on OC I've had at least 4-5 offers that haven't credited, and I've done enough of these sites to know that I followed everything properly (e.g. cookies, etc.). I mean, how do you sign up for blockbuster online, send OC the confirmation email, keep the service well past the first month, and still not get credit?

Maybe I've just had crappy luck for some reason, or maybe OC has just gotten more difficult lately (all this has been fairly recent).[/quote78c4065206]

No way...OC is terrible in those regards

dug1200

08-04-2005 21:56:26

i just got credit for 2 Urban Nutrition sites today...i had to email UN and ask them for a confirmation that i did indeed complete their offers...and then i fowarded that email to OC...i think that UN did as well...but dont give up....i contacted UN through their contact us link on the website and the support at email for OC