How strict is OfferCentric concerning work computers?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=10933

megacoupe

06-04-2005 05:55:40

I ask because I just found out that my coworker is working on notebooks4free.com, which I happen to be working on as well.

I haven't logged into my notebooks4free account in over a week, while he has been logging in frequently recently. I'm wondering if it will make a difference if I make sure not to login from work again.

I happen to know that even though the internal IP of each computer in the office is different, our external IP shows up the same everywhere.

If I need to explain this to OfferCentric one day, are they going to understand or have I already voided my coworker's account as well as my own?

Mr Sofa Sets

06-04-2005 06:17:15

[quotede0c980f6e="megacoupe"]I ask because I just found out that my coworker is working on notebooks4free.com, which I happen to be working on as well.

I haven't logged into my notebooks4free account in over a week, while he has been logging in frequently recently. I'm wondering if it will make a difference if I make sure not to login from work again.

I happen to know that even though the internal IP of each computer in the office is different, our external IP shows up the same everywhere.

If I need to explain this to OfferCentric one day, are they going to understand or have I already voided my coworker's account as well as my own?[/quotede0c980f6e]

I doubt that OfferCentric will be very understanding since it is in their Terms and Conditions that you're only supposed to use your home computer to do the offers.

[458113]http//www.importfurnituredirect.com/auctions/freeoffers/TC.png[" alt=""/imgde0c980f6e]

megacoupe

06-04-2005 19:00:11

Should I bother emailing them and explaining the situation?

I just want to tell them that my coworker signed up after me and didn't know I had an account. In addition to this, I will no longer login from work. As a sign of good will, they'll see that my coworker and I have not traded referrals for anything.

Would I just be wasting my time?

Emenresu

06-04-2005 19:16:49

No, you're def. not. Be VERY polite, and very INNOCENT. Make sure you mention its your fault, and ask them to please understand.

Godrockdj

06-04-2005 20:02:38

Actually, you would be. Every instance I have heard ended up in a dq. My fiance had a similar situation with a coworker, and his account was now marked "invalid" for my referral (

megacoupe

06-04-2005 22:29:53

Damn. Wish I had read that last post before I submitted my ticket. Anyhoo, here's what I wrote

[quoteacbd6f9496]To whom it may concern

I have a question about a difficult situation and I hope you can help me out.

In the past 2-3 weeks, I've signed up for notebooks4free and several other sites from OfferCentric. I just found out today that a coworker of mine has also signed up at several OfferCentric sites (the only one I'm aware of is notebooks4free). He told me that he has logged in to his accounts frequently from work, while I have only logged into my mp3players4free account from work. As far as I know, even though my coworker and I have personal, dedicated computers, the entire office shares one IP address that the world sees.

I'm now worried that all of my accounts and my coworkers accounts will be disabled because of this. We are both very upset about it; he did not know that I had been signing up for OfferCentric sites and vice versa. Otherwise, he would have signed up from a different location. As soon as I found out that he was logging into some OfferCentric sites, I stopped logging in from work.

Can you please tell me if there is anything my coworker and I can do to prevent the disabling of our accounts? We've both worked hard to get referrals for your sites and we absolutely have NOT done referrals for each other or multiple signups at the same site. We have different names, addresses and used different credit cards to sign up for your offers.

I will make sure not to login from the same location as my coworker if my accounts stay open and the same goes for him. The main thing is that we would like to continue to be members of the OfferCentric sites and continue to participate in your programs.

I have not included my coworker's contact information because I don't know it. We agreed that I would send a customer support ticket and see if anything positive could be worked out, so he is waiting on this response as well.

Any help you can offer in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your consideration.[/quoteacbd6f9496]

Hopefully they'll be understanding about it.

megacoupe

06-04-2005 22:31:23

Oh yeah, if they decide to void my notebooks4free account, does that mean they will also void my mp3players4free account?

I'm pretty sure my coworker never signed up for that one, but OC check all of their sites, don't they?

iusa

07-04-2005 00:36:24

from what ive heard if they DQ one of your accounts they DQ all of them

speaking of DQ, now i want ice cream

megacoupe

07-04-2005 08:46:59

Haha!@$#%^

Here's the response I got

[quote57d0590abc]
Hello,

your account is fine.

Best Regards,
OfferCentric Member Services[/quote57d0590abc]

Now to go about doing all the offers [i57d0590abc]carefully[/i57d0590abc]...

chillywilly

07-04-2005 09:03:00

Congrats... looks like you are good to go.

justinfreestuff

12-04-2005 13:55:15

nice job

they fucked over my notebooks4free.com account ebcause i had the exact thing happen to me

ive corresponded with them at least 5 times being polite about it, and they don't give a crap

you're lucky

jackknife2ooo

12-04-2005 19:33:00

bastards, they made one of my ref's red b/c of a n invalid location thing..
i hate you

Smittytech

19-04-2005 20:25:49

I was just wondering, would it cause a problem if multiple college students are using the same server to get accounts and referals. I know businesses aren't supposed to, but college dorms can be considered home to most college kids. Also would I be in void if I had my brother do a referal for me, while he's away in college. I know the whole household rules, but I know he was planning on signing up for the blockbuster online deal anyways. Thanks for any help you may have.

afro_wolff

20-04-2005 07:50:33

Hey. So basically i signed up for all accounts at home but have checked the status of greens from the computer lab here at school. Do you think i hsould go ahead and send them an email explaining the same thing or do u think im alright. Wondering if i should send now or risk them DQ'n me and then ask them.

Cephiros

22-04-2005 12:39:56

I really hope they do not DQ because of checking on account status at work or at school. I've been doing that. None that I know have anyone else working on these sites. I probably should get the cash and just buy me an ipod somewhere lol.

Cephiros