SO DISAPPOINTING, LUCASARTS NOT RELEASING 4 PC

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=76155

tucker1003

17-06-2008 09:25:13

I was always able to get my starwars fix on my PC, First Xwing VS TIE fighter, the the Jedi knights, and finally both Battlefronts. They got better and better.

NOW THE NEW ONE COMING OUT IS ONLY FOR THE 3 CONSOLES AND NOT PC!!!?????? WTF! TO REALLY FINISH ME OFF A NEW INDIANA JONES GAME IS COMING SOON AS WELL, ONLY FOR THE 3 CONSOLES. SELL OUTS!!!

unless the change their minds.

box86rowh

23-06-2008 07:59:54

They will after reading this....

TFOAF

23-06-2008 08:46:20

I have a feeling that developers are going to be releasing their games exclusively for consoles within the near future.

dmorris68

23-06-2008 09:49:51

Their excuse for doing so is pretty pathetic, too. LucasArts continues to disappoint me, despite the fact I love the SW franchise, and their Jedi Knight series was pretty well done.

http//www.forceunleashed.net

[quote54b1a43798]Why Force Unleashed is not on PC
Posted by Jeff on May 12th, 2008

Finally we have a confirmed reason for why The Force Unleashed will not be released for PC. The producer of Force Unleashed, Cameron Suey, in an interview with Videogamer.com, stated that it would be too hard to develop a game which could satisfy both killer gaming rigs and outdated ones.

“The PC being the gaming platform that it is, someone with a $4,000 high-end system would definitely be able to play the Euphoria, the DMM and really technical elements of the game. But someone with a low-end PC would have a watered down experience, they would have to turn all the settings down and it wouldn’t be the same game,” Suey said.

One might ask why not give the PC version a more scaled down version of the game so that it would reach a wider install base, well Suey says that would not be taking advantage of what the $4,000 rigs can do, so “it’s going to be not as good or only for a select few people.”

However don’t get too down as Suey did have some good things to say about the PC in LucasArt’s future. “That said we’re definitely not out of the PC market. It’s just with our choice for this game, with the known quantity for the consoles, and every console is the same with the same processing power, it made sense for us to develop for those consoles.”[/quote54b1a43798]

The 360 is really not much more than a run-of-the-mill PC by today's standards 3.2Ghz tri-core Xenon, 512MB RAM, and an ATI GPU, all technology from 2-3 years ago. You don't need a "$4,000 PC" to compare, hell an entry level $800 PC today could outperform the 360. Six months ago I built a quad-core gaming rig with 4GB RAM, 1.5TB of disk and an 8800GTS-512 for about $1600. By September when TFU is released, that same rig could be built for probably <$1000.

So to suggest that they couldn't deliver a good enough gaming experience on the PC without requiring $4000 PC's is rubbish. Crysis did okay for themselves, as did Bioshock and Assassin's Creed and any number of other "high horsepower" games.

Oh, but they're releasing TFU on PS2, PSP, and DS? What about the "gaming experience" on those antiquated and/or anemic platforms? Please. The only reason the Wii version would be attractive is for sabre dualing with the remotes, surely not from a graphics or processing power perspective.

All that said, the game itself is shaping up to be impressive, and I'll probably buy it for 360 or PS3. I just hate FPS games on consoles, they can't touch the PC experience.

tucker1003

23-06-2008 12:00:58

On that Note all I can say to Dmo. is AMEN!

KeithA

23-06-2008 12:19:34

It still blows my mind that nobody has come up with a convincing keyboard/mouse control scheme for consoles. My skillz decrease by 70% when I have to play with a damned joystick...

TryinToGetPaid

23-06-2008 12:28:18

Then what reason would you use when you are getting pwnt?