Min TR needed?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=74879

manOFice

26-03-2008 19:15:13

All in favor? Minimum TR of say 3 or even 4 TR before you can do a cash for ref trade?

Fenominal Freebies

26-03-2008 19:37:28

I say 10

pqdrummer

26-03-2008 19:38:51

I would be in favor except that I was on A4F long before I can here. By the time I found the place, I had greened all of the sites that I reasonably could. So I say if you're going to do that, have other forum's TR count.

J4320

26-03-2008 19:45:55

Don't you think this'll just drive noobs to other forums? By the way, +5 karma for making use of this sub-forum. lol

I wasn't expecting anyone to post an actual thread in here but now that I think about it, I don't see anything wrong with it. P

TravMan162

26-03-2008 20:16:06

J4, I have to just give you another way of looking at this. I know you're a mod and you want as much traffic here as possible, I understand how it works, but.............

You said "wouldn't this drive newbies to other forums" so I'm going to respond just to that.

The reason ManOFice says this is most likely because of one of two things His trade thread keeps falling in the depths of the forum at an alarming rate, or newbies are stealing greens from him.

I've noticed that the problem seems to be that most newbies that come in want to immediately pay for greens and that is making the problem worse. You invoke this rule, they leave, and we are left with the newbies that want to green for everyone else. Thus the newbies that are flooding the market are gone, your veterans are happy, and your newbies are all people that want to do this the right way and will become veterans themselves, and they cycle will continue.

Right now, no one is getting anywhere.

I know it's not as easy as that, but a lot of us are thinking it, and I'll admit, it would be nice to see. The only argument someone has brought up is the fact that they are veterans from other forums, in which case, maybe if they can prove it to you, they can be exempt somehow?

I know you guys know what you're doing, and there's probably several damn good reasons you haven't done this yet, but I think it would be sweet haha D D D

sandra habina

26-03-2008 23:01:21

[quote81cc17aa23="TravMan162"]J4, I have to just give you another way of looking at this. I know you're a mod and you want as much traffic here as possible, I understand how it works, but.............

You said "wouldn't this drive newbies to other forums" so I'm going to respond just to that.

The reason ManOFice says this is most likely because of one of two things His trade thread keeps falling in the depths of the forum at an alarming rate, or newbies are stealing greens from him.

I've noticed that the problem seems to be that most newbies that come in want to immediately pay for greens and that is making the problem worse. You invoke this rule, they leave, and we are left with the newbies that want to green for everyone else. Thus the newbies that are flooding the market are gone, your veterans are happy, and your newbies are all people that want to do this the right way and will become veterans themselves, and they cycle will continue.

Right now, no one is getting anywhere.

I know it's not as easy as that, but a lot of us are thinking it, and I'll admit, it would be nice to see. The only argument someone has brought up is the fact that they are veterans from other forums, in which case, maybe if they can prove it to you, they can be exempt somehow?

I know you guys know what you're doing, and there's probably several damn good reasons you haven't done this yet, but I think it would be sweet haha D D D[/quote81cc17aa23]

NICELY PUT TRAV. I AGREE 100%

If it does drive some away - more will come and work the sites the way we did. I think it is a great idea. But I like +5 or better. I personally did not work a site until I had TR+14 and it worked for me. I think it will also give the new traders a chance to learn from other experienced traders and not be so easily scammed. They need to slow down and take their time, read and re-read the rules and guidelines so they can make this work for themselves as well as others.
wink

C Barry Smith

27-03-2008 03:57:36

I remember when I first came to this forum. I had to bust my butt to get to 4TR so people would trade with me. Now the newbs are coming in wanting to pay their way to 4TR. So lets set the bar at 10 TR before they can but their way in. That might help the economy of FIPG!
Another perspective would be! Factual......When I first came to this forum. One of the first people to bombard me with offers to do was a person called 'chasecash'. They had joined the forum on 3/5/2007, being stupid, and mu ego liking all this newfound attention, I signed up to do a site for them. ordercash. I completed the credit. Their last logon was 3/13/2007. Needless to say I was never paid my $10.00. Their inexperience in this activity created less than desirable taste in my mouth. This could have 1] turned into a report of another scammer/trader, 2] Run off another trader, etc, etc, etc.!

Again, let the newbies pay their dues! I say 10TR first.
Just a thought!
Barry

Margot530

27-03-2008 09:19:30

You have all covered many valid points, so I will keep this short. 5 is doable for anyone new to this...10 may be discouraging. Importing? I'd say possibly give some credit, perhaps 2 or 3, as you have the ability to post that you have X amount of TR on another forum, and can direct anyone there to take a look for themselves. I'd have to add that if any importing were allowed that strict rules would need to be applied.

Just my 2 cents,

Margot wink

manOFice

27-03-2008 11:26:16

Lots of great input, i wasn't expecting that. I don't think it will drive noobs away, instead give them an incentive to work harder.

Plus enforcing this at say a TR of 5 can help increase sites profits...It would help the industry here people.

J4320

27-03-2008 13:04:33

Laissez-faire anyone? Then again I can't say I'm surprised that the people with more TR want this.

[quote8f3a42e4d6="TravMan162"]I've noticed that the problem seems to be that most newbies that come in want to immediately pay for greens and that is making the problem worse. You invoke this rule, they leave, and we are left with the newbies that want to green for everyone else. Thus the newbies that are flooding the market are gone, your veterans are happy, and your newbies are all people that want to do this the right way and will become veterans themselves, and they cycle will continue. [/quote8f3a42e4d6]

The activity here has already fallen far enough; I've had numerous members ask me why it hasn't been very active. I don't want to discriminate and cause even more new people to leave. It's simple --- if you impose a rule forcing noobs to do this, they'll simply go to another forum that doesn't have such a dumb rule. Trust me, making a new rule like this is not going to suddenly make this place perfect. If someone wants to pay for referrals, that's what they're gonna do - whether it be on this forum or another one. And also --- trading rather than paying ≠ a soon to be trading veteran. You're a trading veteran when you know how the system works and you are successful with high TR. People can do whatever they want to achieve that.

[quote8f3a42e4d6="TravMan162"]I know it's not as easy as that, but a lot of us are thinking it, and I'll admit, it would be nice to see. The only argument someone has brought up is the fact that they are veterans from other forums, in which case, maybe if they can prove it to you, they can be exempt somehow?[/quote8f3a42e4d6]

We already have rules here stating that you aren't supposed to reference your TR on other forums. TR ratings on other forums mean nothing to us.

[quote8f3a42e4d6="Travman162"]I know you guys know what you're doing, and there's probably several damn good reasons you haven't done this yet, but I think it would be sweet haha[/quote8f3a42e4d6]

Of course it would be sweet for you guys - more easy meat. Unfortunately, all of you higher traders are just going to have to be creative and deal with the competition in the market. ;)

[quote8f3a42e4d6="C Barry Smith"]I remember when I first came to this forum. I had to bust my butt to get to 4TR so people would trade with me. Now the newbs are coming in wanting to pay their way to 4TR. So lets set the bar at 10 TR before they can but their way in. That might help the economy of FIPG!
Another perspective would be! Factual......When I first came to this forum. One of the first people to bombard me with offers to do was a person called 'chasecash'. They had joined the forum on 3/5/2007, being stupid, and mu ego liking all this newfound attention, I signed up to do a site for them. ordercash. I completed the credit. Their last logon was 3/13/2007. Needless to say I was never paid my $10.00. Their inexperience in this activity created less than desirable taste in my mouth. This could have 1] turned into a report of another scammer/trader, 2] Run off another trader, etc, etc, etc.![/quote8f3a42e4d6]

First of all, 10 TR is pretty extreme. Second, what was this person's TR? Anyway, I don't really know what to say. There are scammers who trade and there are also scammers who do paypal. Looks like it was just an unfortunate experience for you. I've been scammed before as well and I know how it feels. However, I don't really think this anecdote should serve much toward revamping our rules that would hinder the activity here.

[quote8f3a42e4d6="Margot530"]You have all covered many valid points, so I will keep this short. 5 is doable for anyone new to this...10 may be discouraging. Importing? I'd say possibly give some credit, perhaps 2 or 3, as you have the ability to post that you have X amount of TR on another forum, and can direct anyone there to take a look for themselves. I'd have to add that if any importing were allowed that strict rules would need to be applied.

Just my 2 cents,

Margot wink[/quote8f3a42e4d6]

Like I mentioned before, you're forgetting the fact that our rules say that TR on other forums means nothing here. Anyway, I definitely agree with you about 10 being discouraging. o

[quote8f3a42e4d6="manOFice"]Lots of great input, i wasn't expecting that. I don't think it will drive noobs away, instead give them an incentive to work harder.[/quote8f3a42e4d6]

Noobs don't want an incentive to work harder. Think about it, if you were to pick between job A or job B that both offered the same pay and same work and etc --

A) Extra Benefits
B) No Benefits

It's obvious as to what you'd pick. You'd be stupid not to pick A. The same kind of idea works here when noobs have a choice of different forums. Do they want to join a forum that forces them to trade when they first start or do they want to join a forum that doesn't have restrictions? People operate on rational self interest they won't be overjoyed with this new rule because "it gives them an incentive to work harder."

[quote8f3a42e4d6="manOFice"]Plus enforcing this at say a TR of 5 can help increase sites profits...It would help the industry here people.[/quote8f3a42e4d6]

Explain how it would help. The only way I would see it marginally helping would be if there were 2 people doing offers (actually trading) instead of 1 doing an offer and one just paying the paypal. However, even if this new rule were put in place, they can still receive TR for doing an offer under a vet and getting paypal for it which wouldn't be any different than before. It really wouldn't make much of a difference on the industry.

Anyway, thanks for your posts guys, discussions like this are always welcome. I just can't see such a rule like this actually helping. We don't want to favor the vets over the noobs or vice versa. ;)

TravMan162

27-03-2008 13:50:31

This thread reminded me of Kill Bill when she fought that whole room full of ninjas and killed them off one at a time.

J4 is the best Uma Thurman I've ever seen. D D D

I think your best point in that whole thing was to get creative. I mean, you look through the Trading Post and there is a lot of....... How do I say this........ Crap? No one post really stands out from any other for the most part, and if I was a newbie coming in, all of these would look exactly the same to me. A little creativity will probably go a long way.

I'm going to start trading again, I'm sick of just posting and getting harassed for posting, so I'll let you know how the creativity goes D

manOFice

27-03-2008 14:22:06

Well J4, this forum has the worst trading success so it couldn't hurt to try something different you got pretty defensive on this issue I see...

Yeah people with more TR are agreeing here but I also see Fenominal Freebies with 0 TR agreeing with us... You'll mainly only see higher TR people giving input because we're the ones that really care unlike the 0TR folks that just come here and use the trading system and flood the cash section.

I agree, stating what TR you have on other forums in a trade topic is LAME.

And with the whole A and B scenario... screw em. Better to have quality traders than crumby traders

And I see this as encouraging ref for ref trading to help the industry but if a vet pays a newbie so be it, it was just a comment.

J4320

27-03-2008 14:31:58

I wasn't meaning to get defensive on the issue, I was just stating my 2 cents just like you were. Anyway, it's not really up to me. It's up to the higher up mods who make administrative decisions. Maybe they'll post what they think. As a trader with 49 TR, it sounds nice but I just don't think it's the right thing to do for the forum.

ForceBucks

27-03-2008 14:41:30

People seem to say this a lot. "I have done EVERY SINGLE offer." It is never true. New offers come up and old ones die every single day. I added 5 new offers this week. No one has done those yet. Also, all sites use different publishers and most publishers have a few "Exclusive" offers that no one else will let you put on your freebie site. This means more offers than not even 10% of folks have completed. Just something to think about/me ranting. Sorry! P

[quote8879362a48="pqdrummer"]I would be in favor except that I was on A4F long before I can here. By the time I found the place, I had greened all of the sites that I reasonably could. So I say if you're going to do that, have other forum's TR count.[/quote8879362a48]

Margot530

27-03-2008 16:48:26

Perhaps posting your other TR from another forum is against the rules...I have never worried about it here, as this is home to me. On FLR, it seems okay as there are many from here that do it. It may seem lame, but many get a lot of action from it.

I have heard that since Project Payday no longer sends an influx of people here, that that is one very big reason we don't get many new folks anymore. FLR has the market on that I believe... Is this true? If so, is it possible to start our own similar advertising? That's what got me here.

Margot wink

pqdrummer

27-03-2008 20:16:33

[quoted07d4e83ae="ForceBucks"]People seem to say this a lot. "I have done EVERY SINGLE offer." It is never true. New offers come up and old ones die every single day. I added 5 new offers this week. No one has done those yet. Also, all sites use different publishers and most publishers have a few "Exclusive" offers that no one else will let you put on your freebie site. This means more offers than not even 10% of folks have completed. Just something to think about/me ranting. Sorry! P

[quoted07d4e83ae="pqdrummer"]I would be in favor except that I was on A4F long before I can here. By the time I found the place, I had greened all of the sites that I reasonably could. So I say if you're going to do that, have other forum's TR count.[/quoted07d4e83ae][/quoted07d4e83ae]

I never said that I had "done EVERY SINGLE offer". However, there does come a point where it is quite cost-prohibitive to green any more site. If I have like +75 on another forum with say at least 10 of those being from greening, and I think I want to come over here and see what it's like, I'm gonna say "screw it" if I have to green ANOTHER 5 or whatever sites just to buy greens here.

sandra habina

28-03-2008 00:01:42

Good point Margot, I too joined thru Project Payday. Why do they not send refs here now? Is there a contract with them and FLR? Can FIPG use a similar advertising website or partner????

How do people find out about FIPG now? I do not even know. But curious to know if we could gather more of the flow of new traders here.
That would be great. And I still think that having new traders learn thru more experienced traders and have to wait to work a site until TR+5 IS A GOOD IDEA. Even TR 2 - I just think it is bad for people to try and do this with no experience themselves and try to work it out with other inexperienced traders. Someone should guide them!!
If they just jump into this blindly then mistakes and scams are made.

But it is common sense that a new trader come here and look around - would work with someone with TR30 before they would TR 0 but sometimes the scammers make it so appealing to others, and some people just lack common sense.

These are just my opinions.

pqdrummer

28-03-2008 05:14:52

[quote95fa18d1ae="Margot530"]I have heard that since Project Payday no longer sends an influx of people here, that that is one very big reason we don't get many new folks anymore. FLR has the market on that I believe... Is this true? If so, is it possible to start our own similar advertising? That's what got me here. [/quote95fa18d1ae]

I could be wrong, but it was my understanding that the people that run PPD run FLR too.

Margot530

28-03-2008 07:29:05

[quote46ef30a5a3="pqdrummer"][quote46ef30a5a3="Margot530"]I have heard that since Project Payday no longer sends an influx of people here, that that is one very big reason we don't get many new folks anymore. FLR has the market on that I believe... Is this true? If so, is it possible to start our own similar advertising? That's what got me here. [/quote46ef30a5a3]

I could be wrong, but it was my understanding that the people that run PPD run FLR too.[/quote46ef30a5a3]

I honestly don't believe you are wrong at all...far too many posts about PPD over there and PPD Mentors etc... to not have the market on it. While they enjoy many sign ups per day, we seem to be dwindling in that area, and of those that do sign up here most seem to just disappear. (

So it does seem to me that we (meaning the forum Administers) might consider a new advertising strategy.

Margot ;)

bugs53666

28-03-2008 08:01:29

Go for it we need some kind of strategy. I mean you can be as creative as you can be and still be overlooked by the overflow of newbies running sites. I think 5 tr would be great also but as J4 said its up to our adm. I really liked the comment about where are all the comments from the lower tr members. How do they give back to the forum and shouldnt they have some kind of tr to be running sites. We definatley need more flow on Fipg.

manOFice

28-03-2008 12:18:07

11 people right now on the front page of the cash thread have a 0 tr... usually it's more

Margot530

29-03-2008 20:05:08

I really hate to say this, but since the switch over on FLR that does not allow new traders to post, due to the spam issue, many are coming here for more action. Several of them of course have plenty of trades over there, but naturally will show as zero here. They aren't interested in the least about going green for another.

Margot wink

sandra habina

02-04-2008 06:06:45

[quote563a44d1a8="J4320"]Laissez-faire anyone? Then again I can't say I'm surprised that the people with more TR want this.

Anyway, thanks for your posts guys, discussions like this are always welcome. I just can't see such a rule like this actually helping. We don't want to favor the vets over the noobs or vice versa. ;)[/quote563a44d1a8]

I am not sure if it is favoring the vets or noobs. It just makes some sense that noobs should work and get TR 2-4 before they can post for refs. I mean we already have the no TR rule for two traders with less than TR4 - which is to discourage it. But it makes it easy for scammers to find prey.

I came here with 0 TR and I traded with experienced traders to learn how this can work. I just feel that it is a privilege that they learn correctly by gaining some TR and then working sites. Like most of the vets have before them. It is not a matter of fresh meat - for vets any more than it is for noobs, there just should be some proticol on how to do it right.

Earn it !

lucky777

16-04-2008 19:27:43

well i am brand new to this forum and I am planning on trying to use it to obtain reffs...i need to play around a little more first and find my way around in here...it is much different the FLR...but i have a TR of almost 200 over there...so if this rule does come into play...then I probably woundt bother learning this forum to trade...why would I?

angylleyes

23-04-2008 23:26:56

Hiya Lucky!!! Ditto what you said!! My tr is 100 and I have tried to get started over here a few times and got nothing but scammed!!! I have done over 100 offers so there are very few that are available to me so greening for someone here would be very difficult if not impossible!!

BogJuan

29-07-2008 16:39:14

Hello everybody! I am relatively new to FreeiPodGuide, about one month now. Let me tell you about myself and why this is relevant. I payed PPD ($100 I think, can't find my record) so they could tell me about Greens and FLR two months ago. Since they are partnered with FLR they HIGHLY recommend it above other sites and they train you on FLR. I am a noob, but I have greened on just about every site for quite a few offers, even a few of the expensive ones that I really wanted. Most of these were for other friends that really took off with this. Well, I found this site due to another friend of mine and really quickly posted a paying for green account. I skimmed the rules and missed the need for 4TR's so I got frustrated really fast that nobody was hitting me up and took off for a bit. Recently I realised that the 4TR rule was there so I came back and paid for some really expensive offers that I wouldn't normally do just so I could get my 4TR's (They are in process now)

Anyway I just wanted to tell ya'll that so you would see where I was coming from. I think that the 4TR is a good limit and could even stand to go up to 5, although 10 does seem quite daunting. I like the 4TR min. just because scammers have to work a lot harder then other sites so I know I will feel much more comfortable here. The big problem with raising it is that it benefits the veterans and the new people feel like they have to work harder (as previously stated).

My question is this
Is the purpose in raising the TR needed to initiate a trade to reduce scammers or is it just to create less competition? I mean, are there still a lot of scammers hitting this site up even though there is a 4TR min?

TravMan162

29-07-2008 19:01:46

um dude?

unless something drastic changed in the bowels of the site, you don't need a minimum TR of 4 to start a trade. You seem cool though, so I'll explain it the way I still think it is.

I could be mistaken, but the 4TR thing you're talking about is more of a guideline than a rule. The mods have determined that most of the scamming comes from two people with less than 4TR trading with each other and not knowing how it works. So in effect, they decided that two members with TR less than 4 Would NOT receive a TR credit for a completed trade.

You can still set up a trade, you can still pursue a trade and you can still complete a trade, but if you are working with someone who also has less than 4TR, you just won't get a credit.

It's too bad you didn't know that before, because frankly, the site could use more good n00bs like you. I mean, you obviously took time to read the rules, misinterpreted or not, you make an effort to make sure you're doing things the right way AND you participate in the forums. YOu're going to do fine here, now that you got your first 4TR out of the way haha.

BogJuan

29-07-2008 22:42:40

Thank you. I figured that such was the case, but I still feel it is hard for somebody to sell a green to me if I have no trades verified. Thanks again that is very nice of you.

wandaswebstore

08-08-2008 17:02:31

I went to A4F back in June 2007 and you have to have a TR of 4 to do anything well I have a TR of 5 there now and still no trades were I pay. So it is like 6 of one and half a dozen of another. You can't tell what is going to happen. I had decent TR on both here and FLR and couldn't find anyone to do sites and so I went there thinking maybe I could find some people but no things are bad all over.