Firefox Not Allowed To Be Used On This Site

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=77797

Jobstane

12-11-2008 18:19:54

For now on FIREFOX is not allowed to be used on moneybonanzas. Through plenty of research we have found that to be a huge problem with the credit issues. Members have not been able to see the requirements and have completed wrong itmes. Until further notice firefox is not allowed to be used on the site.

dmorris68

12-11-2008 19:34:05

I realize you're trying to look out for your customers, but I hope this isn't something you're throwing your hands up and giving up on.

I'm highly skeptical that Firefox is actually doing anything "wrong" here. I would be more apt to point fingers at a script, either yours or the affiliates, being coded poorly or in some non-standard fashion. Firefox adheres far better to industry standards than IE does, and there is simply no excuse for something as simple as cookie or pixel tracking to not work on Firefox, or any other modern browser for that matter. I've used Firefox on virtually every freebie site I've ever completed, save for the very first Gratis sites I did, and have never had a problem with either DIY or referral sites, across a number of offer publishers/affiliates/advertisers.

Personally, if I can't access a freebie site with FF, then I won't be interested at all. And I think you'll find a sizable percentage of people here and elsewhere share that sentiment. So you'd be hurting yourself to exclude FF any longer than absolutely necessary.

Just my $0.02...

Jobstane

12-11-2008 19:49:24

Well I am not trying to lose any members. I am trying to avoid members not getting credit. I never said that FireFox is doing anything wrong but I will be a bad owner if I knew there was a problem and said nothing while I work on it. If you notice in my message it said until further notice, meaning that I am trying to fix the problem. If people use firefox on my site I can't stop them. Although if they use firefox and don't get credit I at least gave them a heads up.

[quote9415818e9d="dmorris68"]I realize you're trying to look out for your customers, but I hope this isn't something you're throwing your hands up and giving up on.

I'm highly skeptical that Firefox is actually doing anything "wrong" here. I would be more apt to point fingers at a script, either yours or the affiliates, being coded poorly or in some non-standard fashion. Firefox adheres far better to industry standards than IE does, and there is simply no excuse for something as simple as cookie or pixel tracking to not work on Firefox, or any other modern browser for that matter. I've used Firefox on virtually every freebie site I've ever completed, save for the very first Gratis sites I did, and have never had a problem with either DIY or referral sites, across a number of offer publishers/affiliates/advertisers.

Personally, if I can't access a freebie site with FF, then I won't be interested at all. And I think you'll find a sizable percentage of people here and elsewhere share that sentiment. So you'd be hurting yourself to exclude FF any longer than absolutely necessary.

Just my $0.02...[/quote9415818e9d]

TravMan162

12-11-2008 20:26:31

[quotec4d4307e54="Jobstane"]For now on [bc4d4307e54][uc4d4307e54]FIREFOX is not allowed to be used on moneybonanzas.[/bc4d4307e54][/uc4d4307e54] Through plenty of research we have found that to be a huge problem with the credit issues. Members have not been able to see the requirements and have completed wrong itmes. Until further notice [bc4d4307e54][uc4d4307e54]firefox is not allowed to be used on the site.[/bc4d4307e54][/uc4d4307e54]
__________________[/quotec4d4307e54]

[quotec4d4307e54="Jobstane"]Well I am not trying to lose any members. I am trying to avoid members not getting credit. I never said that FireFox is doing anything wrong but I will be a bad owner if I knew there was a problem and said nothing while I work on it. If you notice in my message it said until further notice, meaning that I am trying to fix the problem. [bc4d4307e54][uc4d4307e54]If people use firefox on my site I can't stop them[/bc4d4307e54][/uc4d4307e54]. Although if they use firefox and don't get credit I at least gave them a heads up.[/quotec4d4307e54]

Two things

Your first statement comes off like this -- "Firefox will not be allowed to be used to complete sites in our network. If you use Firefox and have problems crediting, we will not be responsible and you will not be entitled to an MCR request"

I'm not saying that's bad, I'm just saying that's how it comes off in that context.

Second, DMo is a skilled in the arts of programming and coding and what he is telling you is that the problem is not in Firefox, it is something with your script and that the Firefox deduction you've made is a coincidence and nothing more. The problem is most likely in your script and banning Firefox is not going to solve any of your problems.

I'm not being a dick, I just like to elaborate )

Jobstane

12-11-2008 21:48:20

In a way I am saying that. For being that I know right now my site and firefox are not working together. Again I state that I am not blaming firefox but I must let users know not to use it on my site until its fixed.

[quote7e48bda7aa="TravMan162"][quote7e48bda7aa="Jobstane"]For now on [b7e48bda7aa][u7e48bda7aa]FIREFOX is not allowed to be used on moneybonanzas.[/b7e48bda7aa][/u7e48bda7aa] Through plenty of research we have found that to be a huge problem with the credit issues. Members have not been able to see the requirements and have completed wrong itmes. Until further notice [b7e48bda7aa][u7e48bda7aa]firefox is not allowed to be used on the site.[/b7e48bda7aa][/u7e48bda7aa]
__________________[/quote7e48bda7aa]

[quote7e48bda7aa="Jobstane"]Well I am not trying to lose any members. I am trying to avoid members not getting credit. I never said that FireFox is doing anything wrong but I will be a bad owner if I knew there was a problem and said nothing while I work on it. If you notice in my message it said until further notice, meaning that I am trying to fix the problem. [b7e48bda7aa][u7e48bda7aa]If people use firefox on my site I can't stop them[/b7e48bda7aa][/u7e48bda7aa]. Although if they use firefox and don't get credit I at least gave them a heads up.[/quote7e48bda7aa]

Two things

Your first statement comes off like this -- "Firefox will not be allowed to be used to complete sites in our network. If you use Firefox and have problems crediting, we will not be responsible and you will not be entitled to an MCR request"

I'm not saying that's bad, I'm just saying that's how it comes off in that context.

Second, DMo is a skilled in the arts of programming and coding and what he is telling you is that the problem is not in Firefox, it is something with your script and that the Firefox deduction you've made is a coincidence and nothing more. The problem is most likely in your script and banning Firefox is not going to solve any of your problems.

I'm not being a dick, I just like to elaborate )[/quote7e48bda7aa]