Sending Back For 3 Reasons [this thread will explain them]

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=9981

Anonymous

28-03-2005 17:44:28

I received a duplicate shuffle and will send it back for three reasons

1. My parents still are shaky about this whole business and think I am doing something totally illegal. If I ever got taken to court or anything along the lines of me breaking the law, I would be grounded for eternity from the Internet and from life in general.

2. I am so pumped for the PSP in which I have 4/5 greens with one along the way. I think that returning something worth $150 to get something worth $250 is a good idea. (Considering they would put my accounts on hold).

3. I think it's the right thing to do. I lost my cell phone recently, and after finding it, I sort of imagined what they were going through (my situation was not even close to as bad, however). I found it 2.5 weeks later, and I was so happy to have found it. I believe what goes around comes around, and Gratis has been pretty good to me thus far. I'm happy to return the favor for once.

For those of you who are keeping them, good luck getting away with it. I would love to hear your stories if you get into a verbal fight with them. But as for me, I am going to miss the mess.

chillywilly

28-03-2005 18:28:31

Kudos nate....

Reason #2 is good enough for anyone, although ethically, reason #3 is the option I would have picked.

And glad you got your cell phone back. Hate to lose things like that... but when you do, it's always nice to get it back.

Anonymous

28-03-2005 19:41:41

[quote9c574a7937="chillywilly"]Kudos nate....

Reason #2 is good enough for anyone, although ethically, reason #3 is the option I would have picked.

And glad you got your cell phone back. Hate to lose things like that... but when you do, it's always nice to get it back.[/quote9c574a7937]

Yeah I was just hoping it wasn't stolen! So glad it was found hidden under a desk.

Still, I have no clue how it got there. roll

no0ne2k

28-03-2005 20:17:46

As someone who is scheduled to receive one in the next STV batch, I appreciate the fact that some people are being honest. My delivery date will most likely be dependent upon them getting some of these Shuffles back.

Debates can be made from both sides of the fence for legality and ethics... but when it all comes down to it, Gratis provides us consumers with a very valuable service. The get paid, and we get good stuff too.

You are doing the right thing no matter what the reasons. Give your parents a pat on the back for a job well done.

D

Rebeljt

29-03-2005 05:00:41

[quote99c89e435b="nate08"]I received a duplicate shuffle and will send it back for three reasons

1. My parents still are shaky about this whole business and think I am doing something totally illegal. If I ever got taken to court or anything along the lines of me breaking the law, I would be grounded for eternity from the Internet and from life in general.

2. I am so pumped for the PSP in which I have 4/5 greens with one along the way. I think that returning something worth $150 to get something worth $250 is a good idea. (Considering they would put my accounts on hold).

3. I think it's the right thing to do. I lost my cell phone recently, and after finding it, I sort of imagined what they were going through (my situation was not even close to as bad, however). I found it 2.5 weeks later, and I was so happy to have found it. I believe what goes around comes around, and Gratis has been pretty good to me thus far. I'm happy to return the favor for once.

For those of you who are keeping them, good luck getting away with it. I would love to hear your stories if you get into a verbal fight with them. But as for me, I am going to miss the mess.[/quote99c89e435b]

Congrats Nate on making the right decision. I sent my second shuffle back last night when I received the packaging material from Gratis. I do think they could have handled things better however. It was the right thing to do though and I hope more people will follow by example.

JT

LTSmash

29-03-2005 05:56:22

Sent mine back this morning

chillywilly

29-03-2005 06:02:52

[quote862340f44a="nate08"]Yeah I was just hoping it wasn't stolen! So glad it was found hidden under a desk.

Still, I have no clue how it got there. roll[/quote862340f44a]
My daughter-in-law's boyfriend left their cell phone on top of the car last Sat. night at the mall. We called it several times with no answer trying to reach them. Finally they called us back and told us that the phone was still on top of the car when they left the mall.

Seems like cell phones are so ubiquitous that people just leave them there unless it's a cool model like a Treo or camera phone... or Paris Hilton's... lol

Anonymous

29-03-2005 06:31:08

[quote164c40dfae="Rebeljt"][quote164c40dfae="nate08"]I received a duplicate shuffle and will send it back for three reasons

For those of you who are keeping them, good luck getting away with it. I would love to hear your stories if you get into a verbal fight with them. But as for me, I am going to miss the mess.[/quote164c40dfae]

Congrats Nate on making the right decision. I sent my second shuffle back last night when I received the packaging material from Gratis. I do think they could have handled things better however. It was the right thing to do though and I hope more people will follow by example.

JT[/quote164c40dfae]

I'm still waiting on my box! lol

wood

29-03-2005 07:10:55

My reason for not sending it back

I didn't get one P

chillywilly

29-03-2005 08:05:56

^^^ LOL @ wood

AequitasBG

29-03-2005 16:14:57

I emailed Gratis with some legal information I found here http//public.findlaw.com/securities/newcontent/consumerbook/dgtchp5_a.html

And they replied with

"Rather than make this a “legal” issue, and have lawyers get involved… we are simply counting on the ethical nature and integrity of our users to help us correct this mistake. This iPod Shuffle is meant for another user, and we respectfully request that you return the shuffle to us so we can resolve the matter. Thank you and I hope that you can understand our situation, and we are simply trying to correct a simple mistake, and hope you choose to do the right thing."

So basically it isn't illegal to keep it. It's just a bit not exactly ethical.

coregis

29-03-2005 16:44:28

I'm sending mine back, but it's going to be in processing for about 6 weeks.

chillywilly

29-03-2005 18:33:19

^^^ LOL

Too damn funny.

josiah296

30-03-2005 06:46:43

I think I'm gonna send mine back. Basically, 'cause I already gave away my 2nd one, I'm gonna wait till my OC shuffle gets here, then I'll send them that.

wood

30-03-2005 06:59:13

[quoteaeb572fd0f="Gratis A-Hole"]we are simply trying to correct a simple mistake[/quoteaeb572fd0f]

Wow, these idiots working for Gratis are simply simpletons.

Rebeljt

30-03-2005 08:13:46

If you like that you'll love this.

[quote49c670f194]I must apologize on the company's behalf. Whoever wrote the email/letter was probably under the assumption that fraud had occurred and had to be dealt with severely. I will relay your message to the appropriate people and we will deal with this matter immediately. We appreciate your honesty and understanding in this situation and we hope that this incident does not prevent us from doing business together in the future. Sincerely,

Jake
Customer Service Gratis Internet[/quote49c670f194]

That's the reply I received when I told them I didn't appreciate their letter treating those of us who received second shuffle like criminals. Hey it isn't my fault.

JT

lovestoshop

30-03-2005 12:33:24

I can't believe Gratis isn't using delivery confirmation or insurance on these return packages... there is nothing to stop people from saying they shipped it back, and just keeping it. That said, I'm sending mine back this afternoon, and I'm insuring it myself- I'm not going to be held responsible if their package (so cleverly labeled FreeIpodShuffle.. duh) gets stolen. p