problem cancelling stamps.com offer

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=994

thrillseekers

01-10-2004 10:14:06

i can never get through to speak to someone....i always get put on hold for a long time (20/30 mins).......... what is this horeshit!!!!

what do i do?

PaulAnthonyGerdes@yahoo

01-10-2004 10:23:19

i was afraid somethin like that would happen when i signed up for an offer, so i signed up for infone b/c you dont have to cancel. that sucks dude, hopefully somebody has an answer, cuz thats bullshit. hit you on a technicality (sure you can cancel, just call this number and wait on the line for 2 hours)

xyclonez

01-10-2004 10:26:18

[quote9b76c3296d="PaulAnthonyGerdes@yahoo"]i was afraid somethin like that would happen when i signed up for an offer, so i signed up for infone b/c you dont have to cancel. that sucks dude, hopefully somebody has an answer, cuz thats bullshit. hit you on a technicality (sure you can cancel, just call this number and wait on the line for 2 hours)[/quote9b76c3296d]

just like aol... they use to have the longest wait time.

thrillseekers

01-10-2004 10:26:33

[quote43541ae271="PaulAnthonyGerdes@yahoo"]i was afraid somethin like that would happen when i signed up for an offer, so i signed up for infone b/c you dont have to cancel. that sucks dude, hopefully somebody has an answer, cuz thats bullshit. hit you on a technicality (sure you can cancel, just call this number and wait on the line for 2 hours)[/quote43541ae271]

yea this is dog shit. i've been on the line for 33mins and no answer yet..and i don't have a land line, so i'm calling from my cell....aaargh..

did anyone have this problem?

OK I JUST CANCELLED....FINALLY...

Rush

01-10-2004 12:07:19

Yeah, I had the same problem cancelling my stamps.com account. I waited until morning when they just opened up (9AM EST I think) and I was put on hold for only about 10 minutes.

amaivs

01-10-2004 12:32:10

why are you guys doing the most hardest offers ever?

as for me, i only did the acenstry. do they not have it anymore? i don't really know if it's easiest offer to do or not because i couldn't find information on my family thats why they agreed with the cancelation. hmm..

talk to them, who cares.. if they put u on hold, WAIT if u want to get it canceled. alot of people are doing the offers and they probably chosed acenstry as the #1 offer to do so u know why theyre backed up with calls and u on hold.

PaulAnthonyGerdes@yahoo

01-10-2004 14:23:25

the easiest is infone, w/o a doubt.

next IMO is netscape, you get a whole month to cancel, and if you forget to cancel its 9.95 (as apposed to ancestry that is 2 weeks, and if you forgot, its in the $100-$150 range)

ThisSunAlsoRises

01-10-2004 16:50:35

$195.95... for a site where you can't find anything. my friend cancelled the next day because he found nothing. even with the email they sent. and the woman he called was like "i'll search for you" and he was like "i'll just go to my local hall of records. ugh"

EatChex89

01-10-2004 17:28:13

haha i just canceled my offer today -P

i was on the phone for about 30mins.. they didn't give me any shit about canceling either...

so alls well lol