Jake's PSP vs. Brian's DS... must read, lol

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=9853

scene9

27-03-2005 18:58:29

Jake's PSP vs. Brian's DS... must read, lol

http//www.xboxcore.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=767

Very funny stuff... LMAO... you guys need to jump in and gimme some support, lol... and by the way, the side-by-sides are incredible!

thehunter1320

27-03-2005 19:12:49

n00bs fighting about systems

PSP - 3
DS - 1
Me- 1000000000

glacier505

27-03-2005 21:15:57

lol haha that is awesome. Especially the hot girl holding PSP and this guy holding DS side-by-side.

DCJoeDog

28-03-2005 07:21:40

psp is winning on everything but price, but you do get alot more for that 250 you spend

CooLJoE

29-03-2005 16:09:04

As someone who owns both systems.....I say they are equal.

Sure the PSP has music, movies, and better graphics, but the DS has dual screen, touch pad, microphone, cheaper-games. And the DS comes at a cheaper price. Yes, the PSP has extras, but tell me if you really need them or use them. I don't use my Sony headphones, remote control, or carrying case. And the movie is rather blah since I own it on DVD already (and will rarely use the PSP for watching movies or listening to music).

I just think that they both have good points and bad points. One good point (which should be translated to that Xboxcore thread as a point for Brian) is that I've never heard of a DS having bad pixels right out of the box (if ever). However, the PSPs seem to be consistantly arriving with dead pixels.

Oh yeah, and backwards compatible with GBA games (hey, I find that a plus...there are some good GBA games out there).

So I say they are both good systems.

xyclonez

29-03-2005 17:47:34

[quoteb7f848c98f="CooLJoE"]As someone who owns both systems.....I say they are equal.

Sure the PSP has music, movies, and better graphics, but the DS has dual screen, touch pad, microphone, cheaper-games. And the DS comes at a cheaper price. Yes, the PSP has extras, but tell me if you really need them or use them. I don't use my Sony headphones, remote control, or carrying case. And the movie is rather blah since I own it on DVD already (and will rarely use the PSP for watching movies or listening to music).

I just think that they both have good points and bad points. One good point (which should be translated to that Xboxcore thread as a point for Brian) is that I've never heard of a DS having bad pixels right out of the box (if ever). However, the PSPs seem to be consistantly arriving with dead pixels.

Oh yeah, and backwards compatible with GBA games (hey, I find that a plus...there are some good GBA games out there).

So I say they are both good systems.[/quoteb7f848c98f]

The bigger the screen, the more dead pixels. Also DS did have some dead pixels.

oh5srt4

30-03-2005 08:26:33

ROFL...I didn't realize there was THAT much of a difference between the two...thats sad

CooLJoE

30-03-2005 09:08:36

[quote871d8d59c9="xyclonez"][quote871d8d59c9="CooLJoE"]As someone who owns both systems.....I say they are equal.

So I say they are both good systems.[/quote871d8d59c9]

The bigger the screen, the more dead pixels. Also DS did have some dead pixels.[/quote871d8d59c9]

Yes, but DS had 2 screens for possible dead pixels to occur. So it kind of evens out.

I'm sure some DS have pixel problems, but its quite rare. I mean you don't/didn't hear DS owners all over the world complaining about dead pixels. Sony got so many PSP owners up in arms that they had to issue a statement about it.

PoPoJiJo

30-03-2005 10:00:30

My DS had one dead pixel when I got it

xyclonez

30-03-2005 18:34:54

[quotec00a840744="CooLJoE"][quotec00a840744="xyclonez"][quotec00a840744="CooLJoE"]As someone who owns both systems.....I say they are equal.

So I say they are both good systems.[/quotec00a840744]

The bigger the screen, the more dead pixels. Also DS did have some dead pixels.[/quotec00a840744]

Yes, but DS had 2 screens for possible dead pixels to occur. So it kind of evens out.

I'm sure some DS have pixel problems, but its quite rare. I mean you don't/didn't hear DS owners all over the world complaining about dead pixels. Sony got so many PSP owners up in arms that they had to issue a statement about it.[/quotec00a840744]

buts its 2 small screens

CooLJoE

02-04-2005 20:46:37

And?

2 screens = double the chance for dead pixels.

kaymin

02-04-2005 21:55:33

well not really, its about 1/4 more the chance cuz you go by area not number of screens

CooLJoE

05-04-2005 08:50:20

well i see it as if every screen has the chance for like 1-2 dead pixels, the sony PSP only has one screen and DS has 2, so the DS has an extra chance for it to happen.

but I see the point about area.

refined

05-04-2005 13:53:35

I don't see why anyone would prefer a DS.

They are just plain crap.

CooLJoE

11-04-2005 00:10:18

Have a DS?

I do. I like my DS. And some good games are on the way (MarioKart DS, Metroid DS, Zelda DS, etc).