JUST ORDERED!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=9675

ipodguy89

25-03-2005 10:09:55

I finally ordered! All 5 of my refs went through with no trouble!

IM SO EXCITED ...

any clue how long this will take to ship out?

Thank! D D D

bruman

25-03-2005 10:13:18

you probably wont make the first shipment.. so you'll probably shipped in like 2 weeks

ipodguy89

25-03-2005 10:15:32

[quotece5da73f1b="bruman"]you probably wont make the first shipment.. so you'll probably shipped in like 2 weeks[/quotece5da73f1b]

Ok, ohh, and how do you get the cool things in your sig that show you are processing? You know, like from the actual site?

abrock124

25-03-2005 10:23:05

Good job man, i just got approved today too. I was hoping to be in the first shipment but I also doubt we will make it. I guess you never know though. I dont think anybodys has been shipped out as of yet so maybe we will get lucky!

willietanner

25-03-2005 10:23:13

anyone that thinks that someone who just ordered today will be shipped in two weeks is naive beyond belief. I would be beyond surprised if anyone who was told by gratis that they would be in the "preordered" bunch was even shipped by then, (that's actually shipped, with a tracking number, not "shipped" like my xbox was on March 8th).

This whole "we are preordering a huge amount of PSPs" has to be the latest insult in Gratis' long line of poor communication with customers. sure, you may have been told you would be in the Preorder group, but what does this mean? when will you get yours? who have they been preordered with? if they were actually Pre Ordered, how come nobodys order has been sent to the vendor even a day after they were released?

Gratis continues to deliver customer service that, (i know many of you consider this an invalid comparison) were it a normal merchant that you placed an order with and payed them, would be considered absolutely wretched. You can say "well it's free" all you want, but the bottom line is that the customer service is horrendous, failing to address the most basic concerns and questions of their customers on a semi personal basis. And the fact that it is not "free", you merely pay them in a different manner than a cash transfer, and the items have different "costs".

Sorry, I'm just frustrated by their unwillingness to answer customer service replies with any thing other than an autoresponse.

glacier505

25-03-2005 10:26:40

+1 karma for you P

kaymin

25-03-2005 10:27:54

but compare gratis to OC i mean OC is ontop of things! SO you can complain about Gratis even though it was free!

willietanner

25-03-2005 10:30:43

Indeed.

And I know what Gratis is capable of in terms of long waits for products etc. and you can always say that I didn't have to sign up, I knew what I was getting into. And you can always quote their terms of services saying that they're not obligated to blah blah blah.

But pretending like the fact that you do not pay them US dollars from your own bank account in exchange for an item warrants the terrible level of customer service that they provide is an excuse is just being naive, or silly, or something else.

Doh004

25-03-2005 11:48:58

[quotef5d24f2f40="willietanner"]Indeed.

And I know what Gratis is capable of in terms of long waits for products etc. and you can always say that I didn't have to sign up, I knew what I was getting into. And you can always quote their terms of services saying that they're not obligated to blah blah blah.

But pretending like the fact that you do not pay them US dollars from your own bank account in exchange for an item warrants the terrible level of customer service that they provide is an excuse is just being naive, or silly, or something else.[/quotef5d24f2f40]What do you expect from a company that doesn't recieve ANY money directly from it's customers? roll

kaymin

25-03-2005 11:56:49

that shouldn't matter, if I knew OC was sooo much better I woulda just went with them

willietanner

25-03-2005 12:01:54

did you not read the post above you? I wrote

"pretending like the fact that you do not pay them US dollars from your own bank account in exchange for an item warrants the terrible level of customer service that they provide is an excuse is just being naive, or silly, or something else."

it's like one of those carnivals where you pay for the rides with tickets. You're not paying directly with cash for a ride on the ferris wheel, but it costs three tickets. the better roller coaster may cost 6 tickets. you had to pay for those tickets, so that doesn't by any means mean that the guy operating the ferris wheel should just sit there while you wait in line and not tell you when he's going to start operating the ride.

Gratis' economy is similarly token based. They get paid for every referral you complete. I "Paid" them with my five refferals for the PSP and four for the xbox. Saying that I didn't pay them because I didn't send money from my bank account straight to theirs is ignorance. I most likely paid one of their sponsors, be it a dollar for travel advantage or 5.95 for pet chews, who in turn paid gratis a fee they agreed upon.

Those are the terms Gratis chose to operate their sites economy under. Amazon chose the more normal 'straight cash homey' business model. Both models, however, deal with some sort of exchange system, cash for goods or referrals for goods. To pretend that one warrants terrible, unprofessional, unresponsive customer service is ignorant.

It was my choice, however, to do business with them. But we should not be so accepting of this customer service because it is 'free'. it's merely a different way of paying. and potential customers should be made aware of Gratis' track record when deciding upon which site they choose to do business with, be it Gratis, OC or amazon.com

kaymin

25-03-2005 12:04:59

lol, not u willie i was talking to DOH004

willietanner

25-03-2005 12:08:59

kaymin, so was I, you must have posted while I was typing that long response. sorry if you misunderstood!

rxghost

25-03-2005 12:12:06

I have a feeling ill make first shipment even though i just went processing today.. u never know with gratis..

kaymin

25-03-2005 12:21:00

umm, how would that be possible? I don't think you can even preorder that many if the wanted to. I mean most big stores only got like 100-200 each, I don't think gratis got much more then that

abrock124

25-03-2005 12:22:53

yeah, but theres no harm in getting our hopes up that we'll make the first shipment, at least until we hear otherwise.

Narakukuku

25-03-2005 12:42:25

It's free. I don't care how long I have to wait as long as I get it by the time May arrives.

DCJoeDog

25-03-2005 14:41:33

So long as it comes with the spiderman 2 movie I dont care how long it takes

mapStuart

25-03-2005 15:00:07

[quotee5503d8f5a="DCJoeDog"]So long as it comes with the spiderman 2 movie I dont care how long it takes[/quotee5503d8f5a]
I rather doubt we'll get the free Spiderman 2 - it was only in the first 1 million I think. I would have likes it too, but when you think about it, its only a $15 or so bonus. Not too big a deal (still, I'd like to get it...).

ipodguy89

25-03-2005 16:50:01

Should I call ecost and try to find out a date for first shipment and second if possible, and then post here so no one has to guess the date?

I will let you know what they say if I can get them to give an answer.

abrock124

25-03-2005 19:25:56

[quote6d4c75b122="ipodguy89"]Should I call ecost and try to find out a date for first shipment and second if possible, and then post here so no one has to guess the date?

I will let you know what they say if I can get them to give an answer.[/quote6d4c75b122]

YES please do. I'm sure everybody would appreciate it!

ipodguy89

25-03-2005 19:43:35

I talked with the sales supervisor of eCost and he/she refuses to give away such information as to the date which shipments will be exported from their facilities to the customers of freepsps.com

I Tried!

abrock124

25-03-2005 20:13:10

oh well, yeah at least you tried. I guess the waiting and wondering will continue for all of us. thanks anyways

DCJoeDog

25-03-2005 21:40:21

I appriciate you at least trying fo rus.

Dais781

25-03-2005 22:03:29

Yeah i'm waiting on my last ref. My roommate got the PSP yesterday and it's hot to death.

The only downside to this is that I'm gonna have to deal with DHL again. BLAH!!

one question does this psp come with the spiderman 2 movie or no? if figure no, but it doesn't matter cause i can just borrow my roommate's copy.

zoolabus

25-03-2005 22:05:55

Also I was approved and went processing today! 3/25

[b72e3955798]Has OfferCentric shipped any psps?[/b72e3955798]

CooLJoE

25-03-2005 22:10:50

Its not going to include Spiderman2. Not unless they didn't already sell 1 million PSPs in the USA. Possible, but I wouldn't hold my breath about getting it.

Dais781

25-03-2005 22:16:25

Correction i just got my last ref...woot!

ipodguy89

26-03-2005 10:10:13

[quote5a3421bd82="CooLJoE"]Its not going to include Spiderman2. Not unless they didn't already sell 1 million PSPs in the USA. Possible, but I wouldn't hold my breath about getting it.[/quote5a3421bd82]

Yea, I think these things are the shit, and people are going to be killing to get one so I doubt that if gratis has a VERY well supplied supplier (eCOST) that we are going to even get a psp anytime soon let alone spidey. Japan doesn't even have any in stock at their stores according to my issue of Electronic Gaming that I received today, so I really dont think that gratis is prepared for the bombardment of order they just received by everyone completing, wanting to get their own psps for free.

Just my 2 cents. I hope its not true, but it looks like eBay is going to be the only way to get these bad boys, ( while paying like $100 more than what they are worth.)

I just really hope that Gratis ordered a nice number of them!

bruman

26-03-2005 10:30:36

[quote8e8a2a4adc="zoolabus"]Also I was approved and went processing today! 3/25

[b8e8a2a4adc]Has OfferCentric shipped any psps?[/b8e8a2a4adc][/quote8e8a2a4adc]

yep.. offercentric already shipped out thier first batch of psps today

kaymin

26-03-2005 11:00:32

well, got my psp at bestbuy with a 2 year warranty on everything ) omg its sooo cool!!! anyone want a slightly used japanese RR i'm already almost done with it! it rules!

DCJoeDog

26-03-2005 12:02:45

All OC orders will be delayed by several weeks since none were pre-ordered by them.

willietanner

26-03-2005 13:34:59

you're absolutely wrong about that. check the offercentric forums at gearlive, psps have shipped.