If time = money... was it actually worth it?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=9639

jennie084

24-03-2005 21:09:44

I'm just curious.. let's say you could have been getting paid for all of the time it took you to get your ipod. Getting referrals, checking on the site, waiting.. etc. Do you think you would have been better off just buying it from the store, or getting it through Gratis?

(if this is inappropriate, I will delete -- just let me know)

Collateral

24-03-2005 21:10:44

Store. I probably would have made a huge huge profit from the time I spend on these free sites.

hovigga

24-03-2005 21:38:07

If I were old enough to have a job, I would be a millionaire right now with all the work I put into this, and still nothing. I've tried everything. Even invested money into a website.

Lance

25-03-2005 06:25:02

Umm...at this point, if I had gotten paid for all the time I put into getting this thing, it'd be about a toss-up. Add in the time I spend reading and posting here, and I could've bought one, a fruity tropical drink and an order of nachos to snack upon as I waited for the free one to arrive. And then another drink to cope with not having gotten the damn thing yet! ;-)

dmorris68

25-03-2005 06:48:53

I look at it like this -- I spend much of my day in front of a PC, both at work and at home. I code all day long, and check in on several sites & forums throughout the day. I go home and either code or game all evening (or as much as my wife & kids let me...) and check in several sites & forums. I've been doing this for years, long before any of these free sites ever existed. My point is that if it weren't for THESE sites, I'd be spending my time at some other site or otherwise in front of the PC anyway. So for me it's no extra time wasted than before...

stoavio

25-03-2005 07:50:46

I'm with dmorris on this. I work full time as a web designer so I spent a majority of my time infront of the computer anyway. We are getting paid for our time. We're getting paid in the form of an iPod.

EatChex89

25-03-2005 07:58:10

i like free stuff D

Bultaco

25-03-2005 08:10:50

[quote7e0fe49310="stoavio"]I'm with dmorris on this. I work full time as a web designer so I spent a majority of my time infront of the computer anyway. We are getting paid for our time. We're getting paid in the form of an iPod.[/quote7e0fe49310]

I am in the same boat as you. I am also a web designer and am in front of a computer all day. So for me, getting a free ipod for surfing the internet isn't really any extra work. And if I get an ipod out of the deal, its like I am getting paid twice!!

moonfairy_2002

25-03-2005 13:22:53

well, compared to other people's stories, it took me a short amount of time to get all of my referals. It took me 2 weeks to get referals, 1 week to get approved, and now I'm processing. If I recieve my ipod in a resonable amount of time then it'll all be worth it.

CoMpFrEaK

25-03-2005 22:14:07

Im underaged so even if i had a job it can only be part time, and i get to sit at my computer, do the sites as i wish while enjoying music and make just as much if not more online, i think its worth doing this over having a part time job. D

Collateral

25-03-2005 22:21:54

[quote973195717a="CoMpFrEaK"]Im underaged so even if i had a job it can only be part time, and i get to sit at my computer, do the sites as i wish while enjoying music and make just as much if not more online, i think its worth doing this over having a part time job. D[/quote973195717a]

Heck yah man. I can work full time here though since I'm 16 D Gonna go looking in early May for a summer job. Need to get outta the house instead of laying on my ass all summer.

CoMpFrEaK

25-03-2005 22:25:36

[quoteb6593b7dba="Collateral"][quoteb6593b7dba="CoMpFrEaK"]Im underaged so even if i had a job it can only be part time, and i get to sit at my computer, do the sites as i wish while enjoying music and make just as much if not more online, i think its worth doing this over having a part time job. D[/quoteb6593b7dba]

Heck yah man. I can work full time here though since I'm 16 D Gonna go looking in early May for a summer job. Need to get outta the house instead of laying on my ass all summer.[/quoteb6593b7dba]

haha whats wrong with laying around, i mean unless your GF is nearby i find nothing wrong with lying around lol

mr0x

27-03-2005 10:49:38

You should add the option, "obsessing about free websites and checking status and everything is the only joy in my life. freeipods.com gives me something to live for."

Seriously though, I'm such a loser spending so much time on this stuff when I could be learning something or doing something productive.

Cyburn

28-03-2005 16:25:24

Well it depends, If you are a poor 6th from student like me, then doing it the Gratis Way is better.

Doh004

28-03-2005 17:58:56

Bleh I don't spend much time anymore on these sites, I'm just waiting for freepsps than I'm done for good unless something good comes out. Well worth the time and effort (and little money ;))