Xbox Customer Service Inquiries

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=9551

Tib

24-03-2005 03:34:45

I submitted a inquire today to see where the xbox's are since this is day 16 since mine went "shipped" and as we all know we have not recieved them yet.

Anyone else that put in a inquire please post here so we can see if we all get canned responses or if we actually get a few different responses.

I'll post what they respond to mine as soon as I hear something from them.

Tib

24-03-2005 05:11:46

Canned response #1

>Due to the high volume of customer inquiries, we cannot provide each person with a time frame of when they will each receive their order.

We ask that you be patient during the order fulfillment process as it is not an "instantaneous" process. Orders are grouped together in the time period that they are initially placed by the customer and then sent to the product's vendor for the orders to be fulfilled.

Once your order is placed with the product vendor it is processed and then shipped to you.

When your order ships you will be notified and will receive tracking information (tracking number not applicable to freehandbags.com) to follow your order's shipment. Please be patient and your account will be updated when your order ships.
Again, we cannot provide individual order updates; your account will update itself as soon as any change to your order status occurs.

I think we need CG to contact them and see what the hold up is. I'd just like a update that's all...which i'm sure most of us would like.

PodTopia

24-03-2005 07:49:26

It's an "inquiry" btw, and I'd like to tell you that if you respond to the canned response, you usually get something a bit more humanlike.

CollidgeGraduit

24-03-2005 08:25:13

I'm waiting to hear back from them regarding a question I asked them yesterday. Once I hear back, I'll ask about the Xboxes.

mapStuart

24-03-2005 09:05:01

I put in an enquiry (yes, you can use either inquiry or enquiry) yesterday. Immediate canned response. Immediate reply by me. Still waiting for human response...

Tib

24-03-2005 10:06:30

I did the same thing and replied to the INQUIRY so that I may get a real persons response )

willietanner

24-03-2005 13:53:38

So far i had filled out a Cust Serv inquiry about 10 days ago, just wondering if they could tell me any info regarding the apparantly false change to 'shipped' status. I got no response and no response to my follow up.

Then on Tuesday night I posted another inquiry under the i'ts been 15 days since shipped and still no products. I did an immediate follow up to the automated response, and followed up again this afternoon.

So my grand total is two inquiries, three follow ups, two automated responses and absolutely no relevant information from gratis. What i find interesting is that their customer service was quite responsive and helpful when my freepsp and mini mac encountered problems with referral approval, but has been non existant with this issue. Very strange and frustrating, hope someone is able to get a response from these people soon.

Tib

24-03-2005 13:59:10

Willietanner experienced the same thing I have...on the other gratis sites great customer service but on this site about the xbox it has been lacking. When I finished freeipods.com I asked a question and in 2 hours I got a real persons response. Seems like someone on FGS is dodging a bullet or something.

mapStuart

24-03-2005 16:23:59

I think it probably further indicates that they did screw up, but that they also don't really have much they can tell us. I think they're just waiting till they get the issue resolved and they'll reply to us all, "Sorry, there was a problem initially fulfilling your order and it was accidentally marked as shipped. The issue has been resolved and your XBOX is now on its way to you..." Rather than replying now saying they simply screwed up and are working towards fixing it but with no definite idea of when (even though I think we'd all prefer the latter course of action so we'd at least know SOMETHING).

cdmanproductions

24-03-2005 21:33:50

i have the same issue going for me, but its with the ps2.

it sucks, i really want it.

ive been waiting alittle over a week since it went shipped and nothing.

Dooper

25-03-2005 16:11:27

someone call gratis c'mon

MSX

26-03-2005 02:01:57

I couldn't find their number anywhere...not on their free sites, their network site, or their internet site.

411 didn't have them listed either.

willietanner

28-03-2005 12:04:07

I posted a third customer service inquiry today, since it has now been 20 days since my xbox changed to "shipped" status. I now have three Customer Service Issues listed as "open" and have received nothing but automated responses. I will post all, if any, updates.

Tib

28-03-2005 12:53:22

i'm with you willietanner I have 3 that are displaying open also. They respond to them with generic machine responses so I replied to them asking the question again and havn't heard anything back...that's been 4 days since those were posted.

adam254

29-03-2005 07:13:26

Ha, that's like 15-20min from my house. I wonder if it'd be worth it to go down there personally??

Azrail

29-03-2005 07:28:17

[quote53b0c92266="adam254"]Ha, that's like 15-20min from my house. I wonder if it'd be worth it to go down there personally??[/quote53b0c92266]

Are you waiting on the xbox (your sig doesn't say so). If you are, it might be worth it. Otherwise, I'd expect them to blow you off since you don't have an issue.

willietanner

29-03-2005 13:00:16

I read on gearlive that someone who had ordered a handbag through Gratis received a check for $250 in the mail from Gratis, along with a note saying that they were unable to fill the order, and that the check should be adequate to purchase the bag on your own. Has anyone else heard of this as a resolution for products which are out of stock for a long time? I wonder if posting a note saying that you would accept a check in exchange for an xbox would prove fruitful.

oh5srt4

29-03-2005 19:30:05

[quoteb8a355f3e2="willietanner"]I read on gearlive that someone who had ordered a handbag through Gratis received a check for $250 in the mail from Gratis, along with a note saying that they were unable to fill the order, and that the check should be adequate to purchase the bag on your own. Has anyone else heard of this as a resolution for products which are out of stock for a long time? I wonder if posting a note saying that you would accept a check in exchange for an xbox would prove fruitful.[/quoteb8a355f3e2]

that'd be awesome...

looser loop

29-03-2005 19:54:04

I give up on the Xbox. I can't believe i just completed all their sites excpet for handbags and freemacminis. what a mistake, i should have went with OC.

Azrail

30-03-2005 13:31:05

3/30/2005 41416 PM
customer service wrote

In looking into this matter, it was discovered that the latest lot of XBoxes which were updated in our database as Shipped on 3/8/05 were incorrect. In talking with our distributor, we learned that XBoxes are currently backordered and 3/8/05 was the day they learned of this, NOT when the XBoxes were shipped. At this juncture, we can not give a definite time frame. However, we will keep you updated on the progress of the order. Thank you for your patience.

willietanner

30-03-2005 13:51:07

I received the same reply on my account, and they closed two of my three open CS tickets

3/30/2005 42118 PM
customer service wrote

In looking into this matter, it was discovered that the latest lot of XBoxes which were updated in our database as Shipped on 3/8/05 were incorrect. In talking with our distributor, we learned that XBoxes are currently backordered and 3/8/05 was the day they learned of this, NOT when the XBoxes were shipped. At this juncture, we can not give a definite time frame. However, we will keep you updated on the progress of the order. Thank you for your patience.

Azrail

30-03-2005 14:27:53

I posted a response asking if I could get some money or some kinda compensation since places its apparently been confirmed by retailers that they aren't producing anymore

CronoDekar

30-03-2005 14:35:55

Nice that we've got some info now, though it's a little bit odd for us 3/16ers and those who have had problems with PS2 shipments. I guess I'd suppose then that on 3/16 they got re-contacted with info and they made the same booboo (sounds like they only recently discovered the problem). And I guess PS2s are also on backorder. Wish they'd change us back to STV until the true ship date.

doylnea

30-03-2005 16:09:55

[quote1d891ab27b="CronoDekar"]Nice that we've got some info now, though it's a little bit odd for us 3/16ers and those who have had problems with PS2 shipments. I guess I'd suppose then that on 3/16 they got re-contacted with info and they made the same booboo (sounds like they only recently discovered the problem). And I guess PS2s are also on backorder. Wish they'd change us back to STV until the true ship date.[/quote1d891ab27b]

thankfully PS2s are not on backorder...

[quote1d891ab27b]3/30/2005 43013 PM
customer service wrote
Our database indicates that your PS2 was shipped on 3/16/05 via UPS. It should come in any day now. If not, please let us know. Thank you for your patience[/quote1d891ab27b]

CronoDekar

30-03-2005 17:18:42

UPS, eh? Well at least we know the method of delivery now!

doylnea

30-03-2005 19:22:43

[quote1eea8586af="CronoDekar"]UPS, eh? Well at least we know the method of delivery now![/quote1eea8586af]

Did we ever figure out a way to track UPS shipments without the Tracking Number, like we did for DHL?

Azrail

30-03-2005 19:43:16

doylnea, your avatar is mesmerizing.

CronoDekar

30-03-2005 19:48:18

If there is a way, I don't know it.