Returns?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=9428

kaymin

22-03-2005 21:38:12

If I buy a psp on thursday at bestbuy will I be able to return the free one i get at another time?

GrAfiX

22-03-2005 21:55:36

[quote34ee957e0c="kaymin"]If I buy a psp on thursday at bestbuy will I be able to return the free one i get at another time?[/quote34ee957e0c]

I'm going tomorrow at Midnight up to Walmart they said they will start selling them then. If not I hit Bestbuy at 8am. I gotta have one of these for the plane ride up to Nationals. ;)

I figure if nothing else I could sell the one from freepsps on E-bay and get my money back. It's like making myself a 0 intrest loan so to speak. D

Plus I want all the free stuff that's in the first 1 million psps and not get left high and dry when freepsps doesn't ship mine for another month LOL. (maybe if I don't get my hopes up it will come sooner. D)

kaymin

22-03-2005 22:02:51

exactly my plan, just one slight problem. the mother lol why you need to have it now? can't you just wait blah blah balh..... anyways i'll probably just order it from bestbuy.com and have it saved for instore pickup the second bestbuy allows you to order online! I hope its at midnight, if not i'll check in the morning before school muahaah my super plan lol

GrAfiX

22-03-2005 22:20:52

[quote72d27989c2="kaymin"]exactly my plan, just one slight problem. the mother lol why you need to have it now? can't you just wait blah blah balh..... anyways i'll probably just order it from bestbuy.com and have it saved for instore pickup the second bestbuy allows you to order online! I hope its at midnight, if not i'll check in the morning before school muahaah my super plan lol[/quote72d27989c2]

Ahhh great Idea... do you think they will actually hold one?

kaymin

22-03-2005 22:23:44

dunno, if they don't do instore then i'll just have it shipped lol watch me get 2 psps on one day, but probably 2 day shipping. Dude grafix you ever get on aim? I need to talk to u on there cuz ur cool lol, I got ur aim off ur site but I bet u never get on it, prolly cuz u'll get bombarded lol. If you use another aim account for privacy hit me up with a PM!

CooLJoE

23-03-2005 00:00:36

You won't be able to do the instore pickup through online ordering for BestBuy. All their PSPs are reserved for those that visit the store at 8am in the morning.

I didn't know about WalMart at midnight though. I'm going to call my local WalMart and see if they are doing that as well. If I miss there, I'll do like you said and hit BestBuy.

BTW, I'm going to say "no" on the ability to return the FreePSPs one. Remember, they have a serial number on them that gets tracked when you buy it at the store. I could be wrong though.

PS - Am I right in guessing GrAfiX = GrAfiX from One18th.com? If so, this is the same CooLJoE from One18th.com. Small world.

kaymin

23-03-2005 07:07:15

lol, i btrought both here

dcrainmaker

23-03-2005 07:38:46

I would imagine that it would be quite easy to return an unopened PSP to a local store, unless things have changed considerably in the past year or so. One would think that serial numbers are tracked by stores to keep track of what comes and goes out from their store, but apparently they don't (or didn't used to).

Wal-Mart has always had an extremely liberal return policy, so that would be your best bet, but I'd be willing to bet that Best Buy would work also, assuming it was completely unopened.

CooLJoE

23-03-2005 08:44:29

Well my local WalMart isn't going to open at midnight to sell them. Infact I don't think they are doing anything special regarding the PSP.

I did find out that my local Meijer (open 24 hours) will be selling them at 1201, and that most likely there will be a line. So I figure I'll attempt to get a good spot in line for that one. If I fail to get a PSP from Meijer, I'll just head over to BestBuy and get in line for their 801 opening.

PodTopia

23-03-2005 12:17:27

So do you think you can get cash or do you think they'll just give you a store credit? My $300 from OddTech4Free is coming tomorrow, and I was going to buy my PSP from my local EBGames, then try and return the other one later....

wood

23-03-2005 14:53:16

Will these things be worth buying two or three of the morning they are released, and reselling them on ebay?

thehunter1320

23-03-2005 15:29:32

[quoteb6c2ea2b01="wood"]Will these things be worth buying two or three of the morning they are released, and reselling them on ebay?[/quoteb6c2ea2b01]
hell yea... prices are gonna be inflated to high hell on ebay

PodTopia

23-03-2005 15:56:45

My guess would be yes. PSPs on eBay right now, imported from Japan, are selling for $259 for just the PSP. The value pack is around $300. That's what I may do (if my eBay account ever gets un-suspended).

kaymin

23-03-2005 18:04:08

i say absolutely no the prices will not be any more becuase soooooo many people are planning on sellin theirs on ebay when they get them