The only way shipping times can decrease

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=937

JGrayland

30-09-2004 06:31:52

In order for ship times to decrease, Gratis has to

A) stop placing more orders with the vendor, and leave everyone at Processing.
B) Finalize the list of people still waiting to be shipped.
C) put them in order BY ORDER (NOT SWITCH) DATE, and ship accordingly. There are plenty of both Apple and HPods in stock, so switch date is irrelevant. They just go by what you ordered. Anyone who ordered prior to 9/8 should get Apples, because they placed their order before the HP was even an option, and even if they DID switch, it was likely just to get SOMETHING which they haven't gotten anyway.
So like they find all the 8/6s still waiting. Send em apples. Then all the 8/10s, etc, till the apples run out. Then find all the ones who wanted to switch, and ship HPs to them, still in order by order date (meanwhile, the vendor is getting more apples in). Continue in this manner until supply runs out again or all "STV" orders are shipped. Once everyone has them, resume ordering.

BUT, they wont do that, ever, because by shipping them at random and placing orders, they get people like that guy who ordered on 9/15 and got shipped on 9/22 to tell his friends "Hey it only took a week!" and then they'll all sign up and get more money for gratis. A theory proposed by user Yonatan from the chat, which is extremely plausible and if you look at the numbers, probably 100% correct.

Because by now, most 8/6ers are going to complain and not recommend the service to friends even when they get their pod, so its not financially worthwhile to tend to their needs above all others.

Manifest

30-09-2004 08:47:15

Ive been sent to vendor since 9/10 now.

matpic

30-09-2004 10:00:50

Hey JGrayland,

I think you should send an email to gratis with your plan of how to "fix" their issues.

It might not go anywhere -- or maybe someone over there will read it and see how it makes complete sense.

JGrayland

30-09-2004 13:52:16

Well the last email i sent ended in me getting my order cancelled so now im at the back of the line, hahaha im never emailing them again.

you can though. just credit yonatan, he gets mad...