A question on cases

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=9310

JOSHBOX

21-03-2005 19:24:13

Ok I know there are a million threads on cases but it is simply too hard for me to sift through the search results for all the different types of cases. Basicly what I am looking for is a case that will protect my brand new 60 gb ipod photo (hopefully it will cover the click wheel and a screen cover is required). If you guys know of a good one that fits those requirements please let me know! Thanks!

xavier

22-03-2005 07:40:10

http//www.iskin.com

Their 40gb 4g Ipod cases also fit the 40gb/60gb ipod photo

mapStuart

22-03-2005 09:45:09

If you want click wheel cover and a silicon case - take a look at www.xskn.com. Lots of people have various opinions on Lajo, but he makes high quality stuff for good prices. Like most other manufacturer's out there, his 40GB 4g iPod skins fit the 40/60GB photo ipods - although he does also offer cases for the photo separately (sometimes the colors are more restricted with the photo ones) supposedly they're using the same mold. However, from what I've heard is that the 40GB 4g skins DO fit, they don't quite fit as well since they're being stretched a couple extra millimeters which results in not-quite as nice a fit-n-finish as typically from Lajo (I believe the same is true for iSkin and others).

Anyway, Lajo has some very nice skins and lots of variety (colors/styles). I'm a little unsure what to do with my own photo iPod. I had the PERFECT setup for my 4g iPod. I kept it 24/7 in an exo3x (1.2mm skin - compared to 2mm for Lajo's exo2 and iSkin's evo2 - with a covered click wheel) and an iShade. Then it was always in a zipexo case that came with my TwistClip that I cut a little hole in the bottom to access the connector port. So, it was always doubly protected, but still was a tight little package that I could get the TwistClip on for the ultimate in portability. Then, when I would go running, I'd take it out of the zip case and put it in my armband case (still in the exo3x) so it was never unprotected.

With the photo iPod, I don't have these same options... I'm kind of at a loss for a comprehensive solution. I loved being able to keep my iPod in a skin that was also housed in a zip case...

mapStuart

22-03-2005 09:47:30

Also, Lajo has a deal on right now for his iPodArt cases - $19.95 and they include an iShade and a TwistClip (which I think comes with the zipexo). Pretty stellar price considering the cases alone used to cost $30+ and the TwistClip is a $14.50 item (which I think is overpriced even though it is the best clip out there). Unfortunately there are no art cases with covered clickwheels though.

Tholek

22-03-2005 15:50:13

Yup, Lajo is the way to go.

JOSHBOX

23-03-2005 22:28:23

I ended up ordering an exo3 ill let you know how it works out!

Tholek

24-03-2005 20:31:56

I got 4 exoflpfb's myself, and if you want a protected clickwheel, it's the way to go.

Here's a chart of the available 4G cases

http//www.lajo.biz/Xskn/features/4g_ipod.asp

I'm gonna buy more too. )