Question for those who HAVE received shuffle by DHL

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=9292

bb7

21-03-2005 17:04:26

Question Just by looking at the package from DHL, could someone tell there was an iPod shuffle inside? Or that it was an Apple product?

DHL says they delivered my shuffle this morning and it was signed for by a "receptionist" at my apartment building. The receptionist says she never saw DHL and didn't sign for any package (I believe her). I'm thinking maybe some jackliss fooled the DHL driver into thinking he/she was a receptionist, signed for the package, and is now enjoying MY iPod shuffle.

I can't come up w/ any other explanation. Except maybe the driver delivered it to the wrong apartment building. I called DHL cust service, but they won't get back to me until tomorrow. The driver had already gone home for the day.

My fingers are crossed.

lovestoshop

21-03-2005 17:08:09

Check with your neighbors- I live in a house and mine also showed that the "receptionist" signed for it.... I was at work and thought "WTF?!". Turns out it was my next door neighbor.

bb7

21-03-2005 17:12:20

Well, there are 200+ apartments in my bldg... I hope I don't have to check w/ ALL my neighbors... Maybe I'll have a note on my door when I get home later...

nixnamz

21-03-2005 17:40:53

just go check all 200. maybe one of them brought it inside by mistake, it shouldnt take you too long.

ENGRDawg

21-03-2005 18:51:51

yeah the box says "the brand new apple ipod shuffle" on it. good luck man.

bb7

21-03-2005 19:12:30

>yeah the box says "the brand new apple ipod shuffle" on it.

sonofa... sounds like i might be screwed.

thanks for the info.

TonyGarcia

22-03-2005 13:29:24

Yeah... man.. that sucks.. i always have my packages delivered at work ... I don't trust people in my 'hood

)

Retro

22-03-2005 15:54:56

Well, when the package is first delivered you can't tell, it's just a little box. Only after really looking at it can you see the discription. So whoever excepted the package didn't know until looking at the lable. (I hope that people don't randomly accept people's packages and then look to see what it is)

On my tracking info there was a name of the person who signed for it, was there not one for yours?

thomas moore

22-03-2005 16:26:52

my tracking info said J then my last name and i didnt even sign for it the DHL guy was like do you live here and im like yah he goes here

and when i checked the DHL info it says signed , receptionist, then J. lASTNAME ha random, the receptionist must just be a default title good luck finding your shuffle !!! wink

bb7

22-03-2005 19:21:00

>On my tracking info there was a name of the person who signed for it, was there not one for yours?

Yeah, there was a name that neither I nor the receptionist recognized. It didn't match any names of residents in my bldg.

>the receptionist must just be a default title

I think you might be right.
My shuffle was actually delivered today. Don't ask me what happened, because I still don't know. I'm just glad it showed up. The driver didn't even bother ringing my apt -- he just delivered it to the office. So I didn't have a chance to ask him what happened.

The tracking info shows

3/22/05 838 am Delivery Attempted.
Will attempt again next business day.

3/21/05 920 am Shipment delivered.

(notice the attempted delivery is one day AFTER the successful delivery.)

Anyway, thanks for the kind words, everyone. It's all turned out okay, as I'm now in possession of a brand new shuffle. Not only that, but I was approved on mp3players4free today. Whooahhh!

Retro

22-03-2005 20:20:46

glad everything went well

Archon810

22-03-2005 21:36:47

Mine says the same thing right now Receptionist, My first name B. I am thinking that B stands for the apartment number, mine is B. And since it was delivered to my parents' house, i supposed it was my dad who signed for it (his name isn't even close to mine) and he's not a freaking receptionist. I still have to confirm this by reaching him on the phone...

Archon810

22-03-2005 21:41:16

oh, and btw, DHL sux huge ASS!!

and yeah, it was delivered and signed by my dad. w000000000000000t!