Am i wrong to assume faster shipping times

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=919

J2Duncan

29-09-2004 18:41:04

since both hp and apple are talking of producing more ipods starting in October and shipping out 100,000 to a million in a month between them. it seems like loads should be sent out to us, ending the huge slow down. I mean this just makes sense to me.

PallarAndersVisa

29-09-2004 18:59:49

We all probably wont see any ipods for a long while.

Rush

29-09-2004 20:06:18

I have a feeling that shipping times are going to decrease, maybe not by much but at least by a little. Someone else mentioned that a lot of business hit Gratis recently with the release of the Wired.com article and they were probably inundated with demand they couldn't handle. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw our iPods in around a month's time.

JGrayland

30-09-2004 06:33:33

Its never gonna decrease if they dont stop placing more orders per week than they can fill per week, and shipping them completely at random.

And first person to say "it goes by the date you switched" gets instant negative karma, because it doesnt, at all.

DIGITALgimpus

30-09-2004 07:34:22

[quote5c842f53ca="J2Duncan"]since both hp and apple are talking of producing more ipods starting in October and shipping out 100,000 to a million in a month between them. it seems like loads should be sent out to us, ending the huge slow down. I mean this just makes sense to me.[/quote5c842f53ca]
no, because there's no real shortage right now. The increase is to meet holiday demands.

eCost, and MacMall (same company btw) both report more than enough in stock for at least a week... and no sign of shipments slowing down, or beng unable to meet demand.

hacktek

30-09-2004 09:53:45

Yes, you are indeed wrong

J2Duncan

30-09-2004 12:52:23

hmmm well i was just wondering, or hoping i guess more than anything

tyketto

30-09-2004 13:24:41

I disagree with the others. I agree with you J2.

For some reason, everyone thinks PCMall is just going to blow their entire shipment to fill Gratis orders - at a discout at that. PCMall may have a week's supply, but they still have other customers to worry about.

I think the orders will slowly get faster as 1.) iPods are more available; and 2.) Gratis has a better cash flow coming in.

DIGITALgimpus

30-09-2004 17:50:04

[quotee5d14f415c="tyketto"]I disagree with the others. I agree with you J2.

For some reason, everyone thinks PCMall is just going to blow their entire shipment to fill Gratis orders - at a discout at that. PCMall may have a week's supply, but they still have other customers to worry about.

I think the orders will slowly get faster as 1.) iPods are more available; and 2.) Gratis has a better cash flow coming in.[/quotee5d14f415c]
Actually... they were willing to let me buy 200+ provided I had the credit.

So yes, they are willing to ship large volumes. PcMall routinely does. It does quote a bit of corporate sales. Said they would make me a good deal too.

tyketto

01-10-2004 07:16:18

Yeah, you. You are not Gratis. They probably have a special procedure set up for Gratis since they know it will be a high volume. If they sold those 200 to Gratis, then you wouldn't have been able to buy them at full price from PCMall and make them more money.

DIGITALgimpus

01-10-2004 07:22:38

[quote1234d645f6="tyketto"]Yeah, you. You are not Gratis. They probably have a special procedure set up for Gratis since they know it will be a high volume. If they sold those 200 to Gratis, then you wouldn't have been able to buy them at full price from PCMall and make them more money.[/quote1234d645f6]
They can get in more if needed. They have no shortage.

They keep a 1 week inventory, since inventory is expensive. It takes space in a warehouse, people have to unload trucks to have it, it costs insurance. So they keep inventory as close to 1 week as possible.

But they are capable of getting more in stock if they can sell it in 1 week.

That's very telling that inventory on an iPod is so high. If they are at their max.... that means the orders aren't very high right now.

Bottom line there's no shortage. It's just not being ordered by gratis in large quantitites.

amaivs

01-10-2004 09:30:52

The site says it will ship in [i17a7d82165]'first come, first service'[/i17a7d82165] but we all know it doesn't really going that way.

It may take weeks, months but not years. Just be patient, it will come.

I received my mini. It took a month and a half and a week for mine to arrive but it's all worth the wait.

[b17a7d82165]Can't nothing be better than getting free goods![/b17a7d82165]