iPod BROKEN on first use

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=9179

tunaperez

20-03-2005 13:10:21

I played one song on my iPod, turned it off, and now it will not turn on again. I tried to revert it back to factory settings but my computer does not recognize that it is connected because it is completely dead. Now I have to send it back to Apple for repairs. Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

thehunter1320

20-03-2005 13:21:36

did you reset it?

tunaperez

20-03-2005 13:23:39

I tried resetting it but that requires connecting the ipod to my computer. It will not work since the ipod is dead; the computer does not recognize that it is plugged in.

Also, Apple is probably going to ask for a proof of purchase when I sned it in for repairs. How do I get a proof of purchase, since I won it?

Collateral

20-03-2005 13:26:27

[quotedf6e72f91f="tunaperez"]I tried resetting it but that requires connecting the ipod to my computer. It will not work since the ipod is dead; the computer does not recognize that it is plugged in.

Also, Apple is probably going to ask for a proof of purchase when I sned it in for repairs. How do I get a proof of purchase, since I won it?[/quotedf6e72f91f]

You do not need to connect it to your computer to reset. Hold down the Menu button and the Center white button at the same time for about 7 seconds until the Apple logo appears on the screen. If that does not work then you might as well send it to them, did you call them to see if they could help? Also, the proof of purchase should be the receipt you got with the iPod when it was sent to you.

tunaperez

20-03-2005 14:16:56

Thanks, collateral! The button thing worked. Before I tried pressing the menu and stop buttons at the same time. Wow do I feel stupid p

Collateral

20-03-2005 14:25:11

[quotedca0747c6d="tunaperez"]Thanks, collateral! The button thing worked. Before I tried pressing the menu and stop buttons at the same time. Wow do I feel stupid p[/quotedca0747c6d]
No problem, always nice to help D