Big problem....

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=9115

MSX

19-03-2005 15:45:34

I finished FreeGamingSystems.com, then ordered my Slim PS2 back on 1/27...I moved a few days after that, unexpectedly. I was without the internet for about a month and half; I just got it hooked up a few days ago. About 5 days before the status was changed to STV, I was at my aunt's house, and used her internet to tell support to change the address before it was STV/Shipped. They didn't change it, and shipped it to my old address. When I went back down to Florida last week to get my stuff out of storage and bring it up to North Carolina, I dropped by my old house to ask the new owners for my packages (my iPod Shuffle was shipped their too, even though I asked for it to be changed), and they said no, and it would not give me my PS2 or iPod Shuffle...

Is there anything I can do? Would Gratis send me a second PS2 since they messed up on the support ticket (sent me a useless, automated response)? Or did I just lose my iPod Shuffle and PS2 forever?

Tib

19-03-2005 17:18:15

i'm gonna have to say your probably out of luck but if you use the tracking number to prove to the police that they recieved your packages and aren't willing to return them, they might be able to get them back for you. Hope it works out for ya.

Lunarpancake

19-03-2005 20:48:47

hahaha

MSX

19-03-2005 21:03:14

hahaha indeed Lunarpancake...not...

The cops said they couldn't do anything, even though I showed proof of delivery (printed out the tracking pages).

I'm going to contact some lawyers in the area to see what I can do about this...

flatline

19-03-2005 22:06:09

Did they just flat out say no?
Post their phone numbers, someone might call them.

Lunarpancake

19-03-2005 22:21:52

[quoteba5c00d3da="MSX"]hahaha indeed Lunarpancake...not...

The cops said they couldn't do anything, even though I showed proof of delivery (printed out the tracking pages).

I'm going to contact some lawyers in the area to see what I can do about this...[/quoteba5c00d3da]

yes.....pay 500+ in lawyer fees (even consulations cost mad $$) for your 299$ ipod, and 170$ PS2....sounds like a VERY SMART PLAN!

still - hahahaha

by the way, ive never heard of anyone moving as fast and with such little planning as you seem to have. Seems fishy. Should the items be sold for rent money?, or utility money? )

MSX

20-03-2005 01:28:02

I was staying with my aunt and uncle, we got into a huge arguement, and basically it ended up being that the next day I had to leave...so I came up to NC where some of my other side of the family lives, stayed with my grandma for about 2 weeks, and now I have a place.

I said new owners, because I was paying half the rent, and then they took over...but they won't give me my packages. To top it off, it's family...you'd think they'd be a little sympathetic.

Also, there's a few places that offer free consultations.

[b95bea3b67f]Number by the way is 561-732-9064[/b95bea3b67f]

cdmanproductions

20-03-2005 02:23:05

since you lived there you might know how to break into the house, then you can just get your packages and get out when there gone.

MSX

20-03-2005 02:56:31

Problem being I now live in NC, I used to live in Palm Beach County, FL.

And I'm sure they're using my PS2 and Shuffle. (

stoavio

20-03-2005 08:35:10

I guess if you see them enjoying a new PS2 or iPod Shuffle, you'll know they ripped you off.

If the package was signed for, you can see by whom and talk to the local authorities about it. If they did indeed receive your package even though it was intended for you, they're going to have a problem.

It's very unlikely that Gratis would ship out another PS2 and and iPodshuffle since these gifts are essentially free.

Good luck.