Am I in trouble?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=9089

DL

19-03-2005 08:22:05

It took me over four months, but I finally got my fifth green referral last week, and I requested approval on my account last Friday (3/11). I've been browsing around the discussions here, and I realized I might have a problem.

Two of my five referrals are my mom and my brother, who live at the same address and (obviously) have the same last name as me. They signed up for their offers legitimately, but it was a couple of months ago, and both have since canceled what they signed up for.

Is Gratis going to have a problem with that? It's been five business days, and I'm still waiting for approval.

Collateral

19-03-2005 08:23:40

Yah, they most likely will. You cannot have referrals from the same address and they will see this. Sorry but they most likely will put you on hold ( You can always fight to be taken off by using their support ticket system.

DL

19-03-2005 08:29:27

[quote3bd77391af]Yah, they most likely will. You cannot have referrals from the same address and they will see this. Sorry but they most likely will put you on hold You can always fight to be taken off by using their support ticket system[/quote3bd77391af]

That's kind of bogus, because they were both legitimate sign-ups. Whatever.

If I am put on hold, what are my options? Can I find another referral from a different address, or is arguing with them through the CS requests my only recourse here?

CollidgeGraduit

19-03-2005 09:07:16

It's not bogus at all. Did you, your mom, or your bother read the Terms and Conditions you agreed to? One account per household!

Collateral

19-03-2005 09:09:12

[quote77f067925b="CollidgeGraduit"]It's not bogus at all. Did you, your mom, or your bother read the Terms and Conditions you agreed to? One account per household![/quote77f067925b]

Even says that below the sign up page on all the Gratis websites where you enter your email and password. Not sure how you could miss it.

DL

19-03-2005 16:22:45

[quoteddaa8cd415]CollidgeGraduit wrote
It's not bogus at all. Did you, your mom, or your bother read the Terms and Conditions you agreed to? One account per household!

Even says that below the sign up page on all the Gratis websites where you enter your email and password. Not sure how you could miss it.[/quoteddaa8cd415]

I missed it because I signed up more than four months ago, and I don't have instant recall on every piece of fine print I've ever read. It's bogus because it's kind of an arbitrary rule. The advertisers still got two unique sign-ups, but because they live under the same roof, I'm going to be put on hold. But hey, if that's the rule, fine.

My question still remains How do I get back in Gratis' good graces? Will they let me find more referrals? I put in a good deal of work to get those five people to sign up, and I don't want to quit now.

Collateral

19-03-2005 16:28:53

[quote922b3a2523="DL"][quote922b3a2523]CollidgeGraduit wrote

Even says that below the sign up page on all the Gratis websites where you enter your email and password. Not sure how you could miss it.[/quote922b3a2523]

I missed it because I signed up more than four months ago, and I don't have instant recall on every piece of fine print I've ever read. It's bogus because it's kind of an arbitrary rule. The advertisers still got two unique sign-ups, but because they live under the same roof, I'm going to be put on hold. But hey, if that's the rule, fine.

My question still remains How do I get back in Gratis' good graces? Will they let me find more referrals? I put in a good deal of work to get those five people to sign up, and I don't want to quit now.[/quote922b3a2523]

You can always just keep trying thru their support ticket system and see what happens then. Not sure what else to tell you, Good Luck.

stoavio

20-03-2005 08:29:06

DL Post back and let us know how it works out for you!

CollidgeGraduit

20-03-2005 13:47:52

[quote0f81fa7dc8]I missed it because I signed up more than four months ago, and I don't have instant recall on every piece of fine print I've ever read. It's bogus because it's kind of an arbitrary rule.[/quote0f81fa7dc8]

Maybe in the future, you should at least figure out what disqualifies you from something, and make a point to not break that rule. Just an idea...

Daniel

22-03-2005 11:54:57

They put my account on hold saying they wouldn't allow my mother as my referral. She lives in a different house, different billing info, different ip address. When I explained that I went over there and asked her to sign up they said that you can't "walk someone through a referral"... it's still on hold with 4 greens and they don't reply to the CS requests anymore, ugh.

tunaperez

24-03-2005 15:05:54

It will be a problem if you all used the same computer to sign up. You will have to write an email to Gratis explaining what happened.