Shipping to a different address than sign up

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=8629

Absolutely

14-03-2005 11:16:23

Hey guys.

Has anyone experienced problems shipping to an address that is different than the one they signed up with initially? I vaguely remember some people getting put on hold after being STV, and I'm wondering if this could be the reason.

Also, what would happen if you get approved, and then choose to ship to an address that was used as the signup address of another account which is still in the process of completing referrals.

Lastly, does gratis check the validity of the actual shipping address, verifying if it actually exists?

Thank you!

Lance

14-03-2005 12:20:04

Yeah, I was planning on having it shipped (Assuming I ever get approved!) to my office. Partly because a lot of my referrals are here, partly so my officemate (who already has 2 iPods) and I can geek-out, and partly because I really don't want my nice, new iPod sitting on my front porch in the snow!

dmorris68

14-03-2005 12:33:04

I would be very careful about it, guys.

One of the primary criteria Gratis uses to validate accounts and prevent fraud is the address check. When you go into approval status, they verify all of your referrals and THEIR referrals, to confirm that all addresses are unique and that you aren't referring each other for the same offer. If you're going to change to an addess used by any other referral, then you and your referral both run the risk of being put on hold. I can only assume -- if they put so much effort into the approval process to verify addresses -- that IF you change it after approval you will at least go right back to pending approval while they check out the new address. Otherwise it kinda defeats the purpose of their address verification process, and I'm sure by now they would have closed that little exploit possibility if it ever existed.

Maybe someone who has significantly changed their address post-approval can chime in and let us know if it held up their order...

Lance

14-03-2005 12:58:13

From their website

I need to confirm or change the address I entered.

No need to worry; you will have the opportunity to verify/update your shipping information at the time of order placement.

I'm guessing that means that that they're not opposed to the idea, but they did throw that word "verify" in there...

dmorris68

14-03-2005 13:23:05

Yep, that's my point. They allow you to confirm/update the address, but you can only do so after approval is complete... which makes me think it will likely throw you back into approval status to be re-verified. Maybe not if it's a minor change, like a mistyped zipcode or apartment number, but if it's a significant change, it's hard to believe they would just take it as-is without further verification, given how much time and effort they take in verifying the initial address.

Just my $0.02 of course, your mileage may vary. )

PodTopia

14-03-2005 13:24:00

Yeah. OC is cool that way and let me change the address for my PSP from PSPs4free so that I could send it to my friend ).

RealtorKen

14-03-2005 13:31:36

I asked them this question the other day

[quotebb175c04c7]Good Afternoon, Quick question...my account is currently pending approval and was just wondering. Can I send this as a gift? Or do I have to wait till it gets shipped to me and then present it? LoL I know it sounds cheesy but my girlfriend has been wanting one and she knows I am doing this, but would like to have it sent to her. Is that even possible?
[/quotebb175c04c7]

[quotebb175c04c7]customer service wrote
It would be best to ship the item directly to yourself.
[/quotebb175c04c7]

Lance

14-03-2005 13:58:40

So let me ask this question of those who already have gotten thiers Does/can DHL leave stuff @ your door w/o a signature? It seems to me they don't, but it probably depends on the type of shipping, like the post office. What does DHL do if they can't leave it? I live in a rural area and I know DHL only comes up here if they HAVE to. This might warrant a CS inquiry...