Trading for a mini?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=8625

Godrockdj

14-03-2005 10:08:22

Ok, I'm thinking of going into my local Apple Store to trade for a mini. Assuming they are ok with it (I just got the package but have not opened it yet), what can I anticipate to spend for the upgrade? I'm just a bit confused with the mini changes lately, the prices of everything, etc.

Oh and I would have an educational discount. So factor that in.

OR - someone mentioned a while back getting a mini from the "Sale" page on apple.com . Would that benefit me more, and if so, how do I go about that? I suppose I would have to sell this Shuffle on eBay which I don't really feel like doing

penguin

14-03-2005 10:34:21

the 6 gig mini is $229 w/ educational discount. i know everyone else hasn't had trouble receiving full price credit for items you bring in and then getting a discount on the item you exchange it for but i did. i would recommend getting full price store credit (in the form of a gift card they give you) and then using that & your discount to get the mini.

i wouldn't bother w/ ebay. it's not worth the time or the wait.

shortys408

14-03-2005 13:37:19

i tryed to excahnge it for store credit that i could use online and they wouldnt, they dont have an educational discount if your in high school in stores (

Anonymous

15-03-2005 03:47:23

I'm just gonna pay the $50 difference considering I wont be in college for 4 more years.