efax signup form is not secure and video prof question

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=858

finko

28-09-2004 18:11:06

I can receive instant credit, but should I go ahead? The signup form is not secure as they claim it to be...

also, can I cancel video professor immediately after signing up? I dont want to pay 7 bucks...

ThisSunAlsoRises

28-09-2004 18:13:38

1. efax is secure.
2. don't sign up for an offer you don't really want.

i hope the cookie monster eats all your referrals cookies.

finko

28-09-2004 18:29:30

well, thanks for the quick reply guru, but there is no https// address and I also do not see the padlock in the status bar of IE...

about that second Q, I was just wondering if anyone had done that...

TaterSalad

28-09-2004 18:31:26

Do infone if you are looking for a free and easy offer.

ThisSunAlsoRises

28-09-2004 18:32:36

also, can I[/color926faff087] cancel video professor immediately after signing up? I[/color926faff087] dont want to pay 7 bucks...[/quote

finko

28-09-2004 18:34:41

infone is no longer there... (

hey... even the video prof signup form is not secure! ?

TaterSalad

28-09-2004 18:35:23

It's only available in the morning

finko

28-09-2004 18:37:09

that's strange. OK, I will check in the morning tomorrow...

ThisSunAlsoRises

28-09-2004 18:39:11

midnight-11AM EST finko.

finko

28-09-2004 18:44:16

[quote9972c8d48e="ThisSunAlsoRises"]midnight-11AM EST finko.[/quote9972c8d48e]

Thanks guru, I will check that out tomorrow! )

BlingKing

28-09-2004 19:58:04

Dude, his names not guru. And central time zone (Texas for me) it comes on at around 1130 pm and goes away at 11 am

jtfields

28-09-2004 20:02:58

Don't be so cheap. $7 for an iPod is a steal. wink

jesterfx

28-09-2004 22:56:12

[quoteeff775eb50]can I cancel video professor immediately after signing up? I dont want to pay 7 bucks...[/quoteeff775eb50]As others have mentioned, don't do an offer that you don't at least have an interest in. Not only can you get your account put on hold for canceling right after getting credit but you are messing up the chances of future offers is too many people do that and the advertisers decide not to keep gratis in thier affiliate program.

But as for your question. You proabably could cancel right away but your card will probably still be charged. Video Professor is actually very good and friendly when it comes to canceling though. Order, wait for the product and actually check it out. If you don't want the subscription service be sure to cancel before your 10 days (or was it 7, lol). You can then send one of the 3 cd's you get back and keep the others for free (besides your shipping of course) or you can send all 3 back and request a full refund which includes your shipping. If you are nice and ask if they can send you a mailing label to send the cd's back they will even do that, although it probably would only cost like a buck to mail them the cds. The video professor cds are actually pretty nice though, at least for me, they were a bit too "nooby" and didn't cover stuff deep enough for me. I may check them out later when they get more advanced stuff.

Be sure to read the small print! Not only on the offers sites but also on Gratis sites....they tell you straight out that your account can be put on hold for canceling too fast. roll

Phbs83

28-09-2004 23:05:45

[quote67986a8641="finko"]I can receive instant credit, but should I go ahead? The signup form is not secure as they claim it to be...

also, can I cancel video professor immediately after signing up? I dont want to pay 7 bucks...[/quote67986a8641]

I did something similar with Video Professor. I waited for 10 days and haven't received anything. So I called them to cancel my trial. They were pretty helpful. However, I called the other phone number they gave (when you're waiting to speak to a representative) immediately after the first call. The woman there was helpful, I explained that I haven't actually received my product (which in fact was true) and she told me that she will give me the refund for the $6.95 shipping. A week later I got a postcard in the mail, stating that I have been refunded the above amount and no further shipments will be made to my address. A pretty nice experience for me after all.

yonatan

29-09-2004 03:11:25

You can cancel straight away and get the $6.95 credited back to your credit card. I was forced to cancel and not have time to try out the product so I called them up and they told me my order "hasn't downloaded into our computer systems yet." After a few minutes of bickering, the representative hanging up on me, calling back and getting a supervisor who then forwarded my request for a cancellation to their other department "the guys downstairs" I was able to have my $6.95 refunded. They send you a post card confirming that you cancelled your trial but I just called the next day to make sure as everything seemed very unprofessional there. For those of you who will say that I cheated, I did not, I was forced to cancel by a family member before they shipped out my trial product. Also, as everyone has already told you, you should do an offer you are genuinely interested in. I doubt the eFax sign up is insecure, a company that respects itself does not have insecure sign up forms. Sign up forms can be secure and still not show up in IE as being secure (have the little lock in the status bar).

finko

29-09-2004 07:12:45

Thanks for the input everyone. I have signed up for infone. When do I receive credit? It says I will get credit instantly but a half hour later, I still have not got it.

I know ThisSunAlsoRises's name is not guru.

EDIT I see red checkmarks on the infone paragraph... I'm done!

hacktek

29-09-2004 09:28:13

infone pwnz