iPod Software

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=800

MusicMan

27-09-2004 17:19:05

So I assume the iPods come with software that helps you manage your playlists, and songs? To anybody that's used it...how manageable is it? Can you create playlists/categories/genre's directly on your PC, and transfer them over to you iPod? Is it really easy to use?

Can anybody provide screenshots?

Thanks!

shifuimam

27-09-2004 17:44:58

have you heard of iTunes? iTunes is from Apple and is what you use with your iPod. in fact, you can go download iTunes for free at iTunes.com.

it's a shitty program and can barely do anything that winamp or windows media player can do, although it DOES rip audio to mp3 or aac format. you can edit tag information, which autocreates playlists on the iPod based on genre, artist, album, and composer.

if I were you I'd use mp3-tag studio (free) to manage your tags, and you can use iTunes to upload if you want. you can also use Ephod (free) or anapod ($25).

MusicMan

27-09-2004 19:13:22

Thanks for the response shif. Yeah, I've heard of iTunes...but have had no reason to d/l it because WinAmp does everything I want it to. Also, I have a plugin that import the current playing song to my website, which I really like.

I figured the iPod comes with software that handles categorization, and ID3 tags...but it sounds like the categorization automagically happens based on the stored tag details?

Anyway...I'll certainly check out mp3-tag studio. Good tip, thanks!

tyketto

27-09-2004 19:16:31

iPod comes with iTunes and it does everything the average user needs to import music and have it automatically sync with the iPod. What is it with Windows users and the need to make everything so complicated?????

jk jk jk jk jk

Admin

27-09-2004 19:19:46

MusicMan Yes, the organization by artist/genre/etc is done on the fly by the iPod (or maybe via the iTunes DB?).

And I give iTunes a "decent". Right now I use iTunes to rip stuff to Apple Lossless (since I don't have a choice) and ephpod for transferring music to the iPod.

Phbs83

27-09-2004 19:27:39

Another question - when using your Ipod in "disk mode" can it actually play the mp3s, stored on it? Or it can play music, when it's in its regular mode?

fresh27

27-09-2004 19:31:41

I use ml_iPod[=http//www.harrison-fisher.co.uk/mlipod/index.php?page=home]ml_iPod an iPod plugin for Winamp.