how is this against the rules??

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=7819

jsk1973

04-03-2005 20:23:08

I could use some help/advice. Last fall I signed up on freeipods.com and was able to get 4 of my 5 referral's completed very quickly. After a month and no luck getting more sign-ups my brother visited me while he was in town for work. (He lives over 300 miles away from me...) He had heard about the offer and said he would sign up to complete and offer for me because he wanted to do it too. And here it is

He used his own computer, his own email and mailing address, and completed an offer. Everything was fine until I submitted my account for approval and then both he and I were put on hold....and we are still on hold.

What makes this frustrating is that Gratis can't or won't say what we actually did wrong. I've been emailing them using their little customer service form since November, and all I get back is either form letter responses or different reasons as to why we are on hold...but none of them are true. They range from just plain "suspicion of fraud" to my favorite reason, "information in our database". What does that even mean? They also claim I "walked him through it".....which I didn't.

At this point I suppose we are just screwed. Since Gratis has such shitty "customer service" it's not like I can get a straight answer, but it would just be nice to really know WHY this happened.

Any ideas...?

jeff

PodTopia

04-03-2005 20:24:31

Jeff-
That's horrible and I'm terribly sorry. If you've been waiting since November though, I may just give up and try mp3players4free, tech4free, or phreeiPods.

jsk1973

04-03-2005 20:29:55

[quote873d3f885d="PodTopia"]Jeff-
That's horrible and I'm terribly sorry. If you've been waiting since November though, I may just give up and try mp3players4free, tech4free, or phreeiPods.[/quote873d3f885d]

I'm nervous though. The freeipod thing has been such a bad/weird experience I don't want to have to go through this mess again. Mostly it's just been a huge waste of time, money, and effort. I realize nothing in life is "free", but I did follow the rules and ended up getting nothing.

Is mp3players4free any better? As in...if I have a problem is there a way to actually communicate with a customer service dept. that actually wants to serve?

Thanks,

Jeff

PodTopia

04-03-2005 20:32:44

My opinion customer service SUCKS at Gratis and is 50x better at Offercentric and Tech4Free. I also know the owner of PhreeiPods and he's a really nice guy.

jsk1973

04-03-2005 20:35:08

[quote42280d9920="PodTopia"]My opinion customer service SUCKS at Gratis and is 50x better at Offercentric and Tech4Free. I also know the owner of PhreeiPods and he's a really nice guy.[/quote42280d9920]

Cool...well I will look into phreeipods and maybe give that a shot. Thanks for the advice...

Jeff

PodTopia

04-03-2005 20:42:49

If you're going to do it, I'm here ).

jsk1973

05-03-2005 09:56:53

[quoted6d8d2e09d="PodTopia"]If you're going to do it, I'm here ).[/quoted6d8d2e09d]

Cool...well I signed up at both phreeipods and mp3players4free and have ordered "offers" off of both. Hopefully between the 2 something will come out of it.

PodTopia, I sent you a PM as well...

Thanks...

Jeff