Freeipod.com A Scam

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=7796

sdd1397

04-03-2005 14:15:24

Freeipod.com is nothing but a scam. I signed up in hopes of getting a free ipod just like everyone. Well I sent out an email to everyone I knew one of which was my roommate. After about 2 months I had 15 people signed up of which 7 had completed an offer one of which was my roommate. Which mean I am 2 above the required the 5. I had the link in my status to request my free ipod. Well after about 2 days I went back to my account status and it showed that 2 of the 7 where rejected my account was placed on hold. I inquired with support as to why it was placed on hold and they told me that it's because multiple people signed up from the same address, myself and my roommate. Well even though it's unique users and I still have the 5 required approved my account will remain on hold. which means I won't ever get my free ipod. So others out on the net, don't be fooled by Gratis Network and freeipod.com. The odds of you getting a free ipod are slim to none.

ougijoe

04-03-2005 14:20:50

lol

You broke the rules, and you whine?

What I would do if I were you, is be persistent but polite. Send in a couple of inquiries per day, but BE NICE! They may or may not take you off of hold, but it's worth a shot.

J@ck@l

04-03-2005 14:23:27

Do you understand that more then a million people received their ipod BECAUSE THEY FOLLOWED THE RULES! !

twistrman

04-03-2005 14:52:15

i agree with being persistent.

my roommate also signed up and completed an offer for me, i had told her to use her other address but she forgot. i was placed on hold

i explained it to gratis, they worked everything out, and i got my ipod.

saying it's a scam just to make yourself feel better is a bunch of crap though. it's obviously not a scam if so many people have gotten them. usually the people claiming it was a scam is because the broke the rules or tried to cheat.

Stroid

04-03-2005 15:06:30

You my friend are just pissed because you cant follow rules. I have recieved a TV, a photo, and a 20gb ipod from gratis. I followed the rules and i recieved my products and i am not done recieving products. Dont come on this forum whinning saying that they are a scam when they clearly are not. Check yourself before you get the boot.

whitegreyhat

04-03-2005 16:03:37

maybe annoying but not a scam

techdude05

04-03-2005 16:32:11

yea, you screwed up on the rules...dont say its a scam when your at fault. i did it and i have my ipod with me here.

carpediem

04-03-2005 19:51:30

To me this forum is proof that it is not a scam, but like everyone is saying, you have to be careful to follow to a "T" the way things are done. I think that without a forum like this one, there would be a ton more people complaining that these sites are a scam.

cvrefugee

05-03-2005 02:41:48

They denied my approval because they said my last referral wasn't "unique". No reasoning or explanation.

Collateral

05-03-2005 07:40:49

Never been placed on hold with Gratis over here, hope to keep it that way )

jsk1973

07-03-2005 08:30:49

[quote171dccd52a="J@ck@l"]Do you understand that more then a million people received their ipod BECAUSE THEY FOLLOWED THE RULES! ![/quote171dccd52a]

Actually...no they haven't. Gratis' own site claims that as of November 2004 they had only shipped 8,000 Ipods. Granted, 8,000 Ipods is a big number, but it's no million and I am personally one who didn't get an Ipod after I completed all my referrals, followed the rules, and then was put on hold and not given a valid reason why. It may not be a "scam" in the sense that some people do get their stuff, but for the amount of money they are making off people, putting some legitimate customers on hold, and then not offering decent customer service, Gratis has shit company written all over it.

Jeff

EatChex89

07-03-2005 08:40:03

[quote601c1ab321="jsk1973"][quote601c1ab321="J@ck@l"]Do you understand that more then a million people received their ipod BECAUSE THEY FOLLOWED THE RULES! ![/quote601c1ab321]

Actually...no they haven't. Gratis' own site claims that as of November 2004 they had only shipped 8,000 Ipods. Granted, 8,000 Ipods is a big number, but it's no million and I am personally one who didn't get an Ipod after I completed all my referrals, followed the rules, and then was put on hold and not given a valid reason why. It may not be a "scam" in the sense that some people do get their stuff, but for the amount of money they are making off people, putting some legitimate customers on hold, and then not offering decent customer service, Gratis has shit company written all over it.

Jeff[/quote601c1ab321]

he's right... gratis has only shipped over $1,000,000 worth of ipods..

Lance

07-03-2005 13:31:26

Scam, no. Annoying, trying, frustrating, time consuming? Hell yeah! I'm up for approval for the 4th time, and have requested manual approval for the second time, and I'm hoping that this will be the time. got a very nice reply last time from CS, basically replying to my polite inquiry as to why the same 2 referrals keep getting put on / taken off hold. They were like, "sorry this keeps happening, hopefully it'll go better next time." I quoted it in the most recent one, and I'm just waiting now...