AppleCare?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=7500

amishjs

01-03-2005 12:53:03

Are we able to purchase AppleCare for ipods earned through these sites? In general, what is used in determing the date of purchase or start of warranty?

I'm thinking of getting a warranty, IF/WHEN I get my iPod. My thoughts are that in a couple years, I might wear it out and be able to get it replaced by a new generation. Would that work? What are your thoughts on AppleCare?

PodTopia

01-03-2005 14:39:21

GOSH! I don't think anyone understands this iPods from Gratis are the same as if you'd purchase it from a normal vendor. Gratis just funds it. It comes with a 1 year warranty!!!

amishjs

01-03-2005 15:34:27

DANG!

PodTopia, I'm just a super skeptic. Since I haven't gotten my ipod yet, I didn't know what kind of paperwork would come with it to evidence the start date of the warranty. Or how Apple would handle these types of "purchases." Your word holds a lot of weight, so thats reassuring.

My question about AppleCare was also based on battery concerns. I have heard horror stories about the batteries dying quickly (though not as much recently). From what I remember, the 1yr warranty did not used to cover batteries. Is that still true, or am I just making up facts out of my ass?