Requesting Approval

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=7480

dameetch

01-03-2005 09:16:39

It's been a while since I did my freeipod junk. But today i requested approval on my freeminimac and the text was a lot longer than i remember it.

[quote034d463e02]You currently have the minimum number of referrals needed to get your FREE Mini Mac. One process we must perform is to approve your account, and confirm all of your referrals as unique, valid, and have legitimately completed an offer. [b034d463e02]We also check your referrals' referrals, and make sure all offers were done with no signs of fraud or abuse. If you referred someone who we find suspicious you may not receive credit for their referral. Some accounts will have 1 or 2 referrals that do not get approved, so you may want to refer extra friends to improve your chances of approval.[/b034d463e02]

If you feel like you have completed all necessary steps according to the FULL requirements of our Terms & Conditions, then you may click the button below to request this approval. Once approved you will be able to order your FREE Mini Mac! Please note, however, that ANY type of abuse or attempts to fraud our free offer will be taken very seriously and may result in your account and/or your referrals being placed on HOLD status.[/quote034d463e02]

Now is it just me, or does this seem a bit unfair. Each of my referrals is unique and completed an offer. But how can i help it if someone they referred goes out and tries to scam gratis?
wish me luck

chillywilly

01-03-2005 09:30:00

Actaully, I think that was normal from before. They check your referral's referrals to make sure they are not a scammer.

Gratis treats any scammer, regardless of any good referrals they did, as bad. I see it as one of their outs in having to send you free product.

OneBrightTiger

02-03-2005 21:30:01

It seems like a lot of people are doing eFax and then cancelling before the end of the free trial. How long before they wise up?

I assume they're paying Gratis $50 or so per lead. I can understand Blockbuster affording this. I did their offer and I like the service so I'll use it for quite a while. But how long can the free trial-type offers last?

If some of my referrals do free trials and cancel them, is that going to hurt me?

dameetch

02-03-2005 23:04:29

That shouldnt hurt you. The only way gratis is hurt by people canceling their sponsors trial offers is when the sponsor decides to pull out and not do any more business with gratis.

willietanner

07-03-2005 08:53:02

I requested approval yesterday. How long is it taking for people these days? dameetech, have you been approved yet?

dameetch

07-03-2005 08:55:46

it took me a little over 24 hours to get approved. I'm STV at this point

alexvega

07-03-2005 09:20:53

nice dameetch, congrats

agentspits

08-03-2005 01:09:41

i sent in for approval a couple hours ago!!!!!!!!! i hope i get credit for all my referrals.

PoPoJiJo

08-03-2005 09:24:41

hmmm point of interest dameetch since I was one of your referrals( I did minimac for you right) does that mean that all my referrals for my shit are good as well? And do you think they check for all your sites or just in this case minimac. It would be nice to know that Im all good when I go for approval )

dameetch

09-03-2005 13:33:16

i think they'd just check the minimac ones.

sunnyd1525

10-03-2005 14:13:09

Damn, you're STV already!? How long did it take to go from processing to STV? I submitted for approval on Monday, got approved on Wednesday. Should I expect to go STV soon? Just curious!

RealtorKen

10-03-2005 15:00:04

Damn you guys!

I submitted for approval on monday and I am still waiting for approval

dameetch

10-03-2005 15:01:13

i posted this a while ago, i've recieved my mini mac since then. the 9th to be exact.
good luck to the rest of you