What Dell Will I Get?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=741

gchoee

26-09-2004 18:04:17

Hello Everyone,

Although in the sticky it says everyone who ordered before september 8th will get a P4 Dell, some people who ordered after still got a dimension 3000. because of this, i was wondering if there was a chance of me getting a P$ if i ordered now. if not, would there be a chance that i could get higher then the specs they list since they state minimum?

Inferno69

28-09-2004 05:15:52

doubt it. They lowered the specs on the computers, so I dont think you'll be getting a computer with higher specs...

mapStuart

28-09-2004 09:57:15

From what I'm seeing folks receive, it looks like Gratis DOES take advantage of current offers from Dell. Granted they sent out the P4 systems to the first round of folks because they felt they needed to honor that. So, the first rounders got Dimension 3000 (not 2400 like advertised).

However, those first Dim 3000's also came with 80GB hard drives and CD-RW drives. Neither of these are/were listed as the minimum, but they WERE the special offers when these systems were placed. Dell was offering FREE DOUBLE HARD DRIVE and FREE CD-RW. So, I think the "minimum" on their site refers to the fact that those are the minimum specifications of the Dell system - so that's AT LEAST what you will be getting. But they will take advantage of whatever offers are currently available when the system gets ordered, so you may get double memory, double hard drive, free cd-rw, free P4 upgrade, etc... Whatever happens to be on the platter that day. Would be nice if they'd give you the free LCD upgrade when those are around...

gchoee

28-09-2004 15:40:08

just asked harry, the answer is NO

you will not be getting anything even if there is a special deal on the website

poor us, we are too slow cry lol

Xcaret

29-09-2004 17:14:17

[quote2b8644b9aa="gchoee"]just asked harry, the answer is NO

poor us, we are too slow cry lol[/quote2b8644b9aa]

Look canadian...You live in Canada and dont even deserve to get any of the stuff from gratis in the first place, so stop asking so many questions about what PC Specs ull get, before someone reports u and get u on hold...

gchoee

29-09-2004 20:12:06

[quote26ee80ff15="Xcaret"][quote26ee80ff15="gchoee"]just asked harry, the answer is NO

poor us, we are too slow cry lol[/quote26ee80ff15]

Look canadian...You live in Canada and dont even deserve to get any of the stuff from gratis in the first place, so stop asking so many questions about what PC Specs ull get, before someone reports u and get u on hold...[/quote26ee80ff15]

whoa, dont get all angry at me now just cuz i told the people at gearlive how you ripped me off of my money... roll

lizerauti

29-09-2004 20:38:55

[quote840ab5c17d="gchoee"][quote840ab5c17d="Xcaret"][quote840ab5c17d="gchoee"]just asked harry, the answer is NO

poor us, we are too slow cry lol[/quote840ab5c17d]

Look canadian...You live in Canada and dont even deserve to get any of the stuff from gratis in the first place, so stop asking so many questions about what PC Specs ull get, before someone reports u and get u on hold...[/quote840ab5c17d]

whoa, dont get all angry at me now just cuz i told the people at gearlive how you ripped me off of my money... roll[/quote840ab5c17d]

Shut up gchoee, you ripped me off of my money and then never responded after I sent you the money.. jerk. I hope karma will get you back and screw you over in the future. (yeah you know who I am.)

Xcaret

30-09-2004 14:29:50

[quoteb8033584b1="lizerauti"][quoteb8033584b1="gchoee"][quoteb8033584b1="Xcaret"][quoteb8033584b1="gchoee"]just asked harry, the answer is NO

poor us, we are too slow cry lol[/quoteb8033584b1]

Look canadian...You live in Canada and dont even deserve to get any of the stuff from gratis in the first place, so stop asking so many questions about what PC Specs ull get, before someone reports u and get u on hold...[/quoteb8033584b1]

whoa, dont get all angry at me now just cuz i told the people at gearlive how you ripped me off of my money... roll[/quoteb8033584b1]

Shut up gchoee, you ripped me off of my money and then never responded after I sent you the money.. jerk. I hope karma will get you back and screw you over in the future. (yeah you know who I am.)[/quoteb8033584b1]

hahaha, gchoee is the biggest homo...