Ancestry.com 1 for 2. Anyone email freeipod to get it fixed

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=731

bfedorov11

26-09-2004 12:45:54

I just had a friend complete Ancestry.com and I received credit before he could even tell me... it was instant. A few minutes later I had another friend do it and nothing.

They want them to wait 15 days for a 14 day trial? Thats the scam.

Anyone email them to fix it? Or cancel and try again or try other offer?

ThisSunAlsoRises

26-09-2004 12:49:37

well it was probably the COOKIE MONSTER. it steals cookies and doesn't let them through so that you don't get credit. tell that person to call ancestry and drag through the 20 minutes phone call of "no i'm going to send you an email with help" and cancel before the 14 days and just have him do a different offer since you can't do ancestry again. sorry. infone is good if he doesn't want to worry about money. but only if he really wants it.

yonatan

26-09-2004 12:49:56

If your friend is not interested in Ancestry's way over-priced services he should cancel and then request credit for the offer after 15 days (if he isn't credited before then) if after that he isn't credited (which will most likely be the case) he will have to do another offer.

bfedorov11

26-09-2004 13:28:51

I set ie to allow all cookies and allowed the site.
So they cant do the offer again? Its still listed there.

Does emailing freeipods with the confirmation email they sent to my friend work? Or forward it? I saw someone did that but I dont think they said if it worked.

ThisSunAlsoRises

26-09-2004 16:59:44

after 15 days...