gettin' there

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=718

speedstick

26-09-2004 01:47:59

I stumbled across the Wired.com story about the site last night and started my account shorty after that. I'm only 2 away now from getting to wait for well over a month for an Ipod. But I don't consider the wait a problem since getting anything for free is cool.

Although at this point it's hard to say that it's been free considering the amount of time I've sunk into it. But really that makes me feel better about the whole thing. Since the old addage holds true that nothing in life comes free. So anyone who doubts the claim really should step up and try it themselves and see if they have the same view a week or two in.

Over all the drive just to see if it can be done and if I'll actually have that Ipod in my hot little hands is the driving force, right behind the idea of just having an Ipod. P Since normally I'm not allowed to splurge on things like this.

It seems to be harder now then it was say a month or two ago to referrals from what I've been hearing. But that's just the nature of the game here I guess. Just sharing my general thoughts and stuff. Btw, if anyone could maybe help me out with my last two let me know. Otherwise good luck to everyone on their little adventure!

BlingKing

26-09-2004 08:03:36

It's harder now a days but getting 3 referrals over night is some kind of record. I've been doing this for about 50 days and I only have 3 referrals. Try going on IRC channels and convincing people there. You can search for a bunch and www.searchirc.com

tyketto

26-09-2004 08:07:22

Pester friends.

fresh27

26-09-2004 10:52:54

yar, i signed up on august 30, and it was pretty hard to get my 5. i wish i had been around in july so i couldve been one of the first few D that woulda been a piece of cake.

yonatan

26-09-2004 10:59:18

The first few weren't in July. I finished all my requirements in July then ordered 8/2 and went Sent to Vendor (back then it was called In Progress 3) on 8/4 and only received my Apple iPod on September 12th or so. I guess I was "one of the first few" since I remember the channel was still on EFnet and only had about 30 people in it (or less) but when I came bos had already received his iPod so...