I need help from the masters!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=7145

Fizzelps

25-02-2005 07:41:08

I know I am a noob, but I have been reading the forums for a while, just didn't feel like posting until now.

I need HELP! I am having a hard time convincing my extremely stubborn friends/coworkers to sign-up. Many have bet me money that this is a 100% scam(I personally don't think it is). So, how have son many of you been so successful? I just need 3 more greens, possibly 4 as my fiance signed up, but we have the same mailing address. Any advice is appreciated!

You all rock!

lkrecklow

25-02-2005 08:34:55

I showed my friends my account. I explained to them that legitimate business like Columbia House, Blockbuster, My Inks all advertise and participate. I found some articles written online about the service explaining how it works and how Gratis is able to make a profit. I explained that they wont be asked for a credit card by Gratis. There are some many ways to encourage people. Show them this forum and all the people who got their iPod.

Tell them to make an account at Gratis and wait a while before they sign up for an offer. Let them get comfortable.

Why not take that bet with your friends. Tell them to put their half of the bet up in the form of completing an offer. If they get screwed, tell them you'll double what they paid to sign up. If its not a scam, you get paid by having an confirmed referrals.

This really isn't that hard. However, if you had someone sign up with the same mailing address, you may be boned anyway.

thomas moore

25-02-2005 08:42:13

fizz, first off, you should consider using the search option on the top navigation of this website, this issue has been addressed before, but i would consider legitimate proof as being the number one factor in convincing weary friends and family that the website is not a scam, my advice would be for you to complete a site with the least amount of referrals, this way you will not have such a hard time getting proof and you will have gotten something free from the company ,show this proof to your scoffing friends ! or make a bet saying if you show them your ipod etc that they have to sign up if not then...u know shave your head/ chest legs jk but something.... don't worry you wont lose! arrow hope this helps

Fizzelps

25-02-2005 09:27:01

Thanks for the advise. Question on one of the replies.....since my fiancee signed up and we have the same mailing address......I am screwed even if I get over 5 greens?

thomas moore

25-02-2005 14:48:56

Gratis TOS state that you may have one account per household, so if your fancee sings up under you, and you have the same adress you account will most likely be put on hold status, you may write to CS and explain your situation in hope of some compassion but my best bet would be not to fret and move along to mp3players4free, its an OC [offer centris] site that has the ipod as a prize along with other mp3players to choose from, good luck!

Collateral

25-02-2005 14:56:04

[quote3bc42d35ec="thomas moore"]Gratis TOS state that you may have one account per household, so if your fancee sings up under you, and you have the same adress you account will most likely be put on hold status, you may write to CS and explain your situation in hope of some compassion but my best bet would be not to fret and move along to mp3players4free, its an OC [offer centris] site that has the ipod as a prize along with other mp3players to choose from, good luck![/quote3bc42d35ec]

WTF is CS?

thomas moore

25-02-2005 15:48:17

customer support, customer service...

kaymin

25-02-2005 15:57:05

[quote92c598e8ac="lkrecklow"]\
Why not take that bet with your friends. Tell them to put their half of the bet up in the form of completing an offer. If they get screwed, tell them you'll double what they paid to sign up. If its not a scam, you get paid by having an confirmed referrals. [/quote92c598e8ac]

thats a really good idea!

OneBrightTiger

26-02-2005 10:56:09

Gratis Network has a a whole page of links to press coverage from their original FreeiPods.com offers last year

http//www.gratisnetwork.com/PressRoom.html

Perhaps other programs do too.

Tell your friends to check it out.

On my page where I have my FreeMacMini link I have an explanation and links to three of the original stories, including a streaming TechTV video clip. Feel free to copy the links from that page. I don't think I can post the page here because it contains the link to my offer so PM me if you want it.

Also, I have a friend I'm trying to persuade. I think I'm going to hand him a $100 bill and tell him he can keep it if he ends up spending too much money on the offer. That should make him shut up and type!

Tom

easportsea

26-02-2005 11:01:56

lol hey man i feel you. all my friends think its a scam and mine is STV so im waiting for it to stick it in their faces. o its going to feel soooooo good to prove them wrong.